• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Update RE: Home Visit

Salamence91
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After many cancellations and a strongly worded letter from my GP and support worker instead of putting me in a group I've got a home visit on thursday and my anxiety and anger is flowing like mad! I don't know how to deal with this interigation in my own home. I have a feeling I'll be that scared of them I will rage as soon as I open the door to them

I really don't know how to cope with this on thursday. I've read so many horror stories all over the Internet and I'm frightened that I will be the next person to write the next horror story! I'm just so terrified. I can't face the interigation! What happens if they hit my last nerve and I snap? I can't cope with all this!

Please help me, give me advice. I'm generally so scared and so angry about all this!

I just wish I didn't have to deal with this crap. I've already got other worries on top of this rubbish

PS I have BPD, depression anxiety and other things to be diagnosed by psych

Edited by Salamence91

Is there anyone who can be with you when this visit happens? I really would try not to rage as soon as they enter your home as they will fear for their safety and probably leave ....marking you down as failed assessment , yes dont try to be super calm, be yourself. Other than that good luck and I hope you get what is needed

You must have someone with you if at all possible, ideally someone who can intervene if you start to boil over.

I had a home assessment from ATOS - again after many, many cancellations over 2 years - and they were absolutely fine, did the minimum amount they needed to and then left.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I would argue that having someone else there to support you is vital as it demonstrates a level of anxiety that you have as well as being there to help you :)

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/about-us is a useful resource that has lots of facts sheets etc

You need to understand the descriptors that they measure by and make sure you honestly phrase your answers to match them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Please always do a worst case scenario when they assess you and ask questions otherwise they will use that against you.

It is criminal in this day and age i have to say that when dealing with the most vulnerable in society.

Everyone is treated as a work shy scrounger by default with these people

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I had a doctors appointment the day before and saw how agitated I was so he wrote a letter of urgency for my CPN to send off to tell them having this assessment is not on due to my issues. So my Cpn came up to see me, she rang maximus and told them what's happened. And they told her to fax the stuff off and I won't Need an assessment after all.. All brilliant right?

Wrong. Here I am a month all and the idiots are claiming they haven't received anything. I've seen proof that Its been faxed. And they are denying they received it. I called them today saying I've seen the conformation and they are still denying it. I naturally lost it with them and the lady took my CPns number to ring her.

So now im confused. Im angry and stressed out. I don't know what's going on and don't know what to do. Do I complain about there incompetence or just give it up? Its all seems a lost battle to me. I just can't cope with the lies and the denial. I don't know if them ringing my CPN is gonna make a difference... If they really have?

Anyway any advice?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I posted in september saying how I had an home visit! my GP, CPN and Psych all stalled them and allowed me time to think about it all! and the other week i got a letter saying I needed one on the 27th November. I thought I would be brave and face it. They had enough evidence sent so i guessed it would be just if anything to clarify it all.

I actually had probably one of the most genuine GPs come to visit me [yeah i know... its hard to beileve]. I had a major attack of paranoia and rage as soon as he stepped in the door. Anyway he asked me how the mental health conditions affect me so I told him straight.

Then he ended the assessment quite quickly and said "You are not fit for work I'm gonna send this to the DWP" my cousin asked "So you got an indication of what group she will be in?" and he said "Oh thats the DMs choice"

So yeah as you can guess, i can't help but feel he's calling my bluff! I've asked all my support team what they think and they told me that he wouldn't play games with me [again hard to believe] but he wouldn't of said that if he did think i was. but i just generally feel that I can't relax till i get this result. My minds like "What if he's called your bluff?" "what if he's just having you on?"

but everybody has said that its pretty much in the bag. But to be honest i just don't know what to believe.

I just want this misery and anxiety out of the way. I just want to know what group I'm in. Im literally not sleeping at night because i am so bloody anxious. My paranoia is also sky high thinking that he's tricked me.

So yeah, what do you guys think?

Should I get myself ready for the biggest fall of my life and ready to fight for the appeal or do you think its in the bag?

Thanks so much and thanks so much for the advice in my other thread! i actually went back to read that all again before my home visit :p

Salamence91

If the assessment is ended very quickly, i.e. without going through every descriptor, it's usually a good indication that you meet at least one support group criteria.

He just asked me how my mental health affected me, so i told him straight, intact he saw for himself how it affects me. I didn't hold anything back, then I told him how when i was last employed [2012], I told him i got fired for raging at a colleague! and then that seemed to be enough for him and told me i wasn't fit for work.

My cousin did ask what group he thought id be in, he said he couldn't say but the DM will deffo put me in a group.

so I'm just sat waiting anxiously wondering which group I'm in, if I am in any! all these thoughts in my head. ugh!

But yeah thanks for the messages guys, oh and thanks for merging the topic, i was in auto pilot so just made a new topic