Vodafone Excessive Data Charges

Topham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been with vodafone for years so would like to think I'm a valued customer. I've never had problems up until now. I switched in september from a 2 year contract to a sim only contract. In my bundle i was meant to have 20GB of data. In my old 2 year contract i had 12GB of data.

Anyway whats happened is that when they have changed my tariff, one half of vodafone system says i am entitled to 20GB of data, yet the other half of there system has been changed to reflect. So whats been happening is that every bit of data that i go over 12GB is being charged for. So last month i questioned it with vodafone, and they raised a bill query to cancel £71 worth of charges. But this hasn't taken into account the remainder of the charges I've incurred for the remainder of the month.

Anyway long story short again, i used 16GB of data, My contract allowance is 20GB and they have billed me 4GB over the 12GB.

The first bill amendment was for £71, but they then started to say that this was final and that the final bill was £46. When i questioned what it comprised of they went a head and confirmed it was for £20 of data. I asked how i can be charged for data when its in my bundle. The advisors each time agreed. But the bill still stood as they refused to do another bill recalculation. Anyway i asked to have my contract terminated due to the hassle and then i was happy to take out another contract which should have been clean without any glitches. They told me for this i would be charged. I suggested a data test drive in order to give vodafone time to sort the problem. This was refused at first.

I phone up to pay for the £26.50 which is what the bill was. after they reluctantly took the payment. the following day i received a text threatening/blackmailing me to hand over money or the remainder of the bill or i shall be cut off. I then phoned them again asking why i received this. they apologised. They said it wouldn't happen. The advisor then said that he would apply a data test drive to my account, which he had done. But also told me that there was still a picture message outstanding on my account for £0.45. I agreed to pay this. I checked my online banking today and they have taken the remaining balance of the account being £19 ish. So basically after the advisor agreed an amount he then proceeded to falsely enter an angered amount and charge my card.

I spent 3 hours on the phone today complaining going around in circles. Ive had enough now. Ive spent in total 10 hours plus on the phone trying to sort this problem out. And I'm just getting passed from person to person.

To make things worse, I'm being charge again for this billing period until the data test drive went live. And they have had the cheek to add a late payment charge onto my account. Which now they have agreed to wipe. They have also agreed to refund the £19 into my account but will take several days. There quick enough to falsely steel it.

So my question to the forum. Where can i go from here? I don't want to be having to go through this hassle every month for the remaining 9 months of my contract.

Do i have ground to have my contract terminated due to a failure on vodafones behalf. Cos they are adamant that i will be charged and i have to pay the charges.

Ive phoned Natwest fraud department up, and basically they have said that if i don't have it in writing what the charge was going to be for which i do, then they have nothing to act upon to carry out a visa charge back, even though its on my bill, and i recorded todays phone conversation for proof.

Also ombusman want 8 weeks and this has now been 4 weeks, and they say it could take a further 8 weeks again so 12 weeks all in total.

I feel its every week I'm having to spend hours on the phone to vodafone

At one point they had great customer service and had no problems recommending them, even got my wife onto them

Im stuck guys and need help. They have proven they can't fix the problem, now i want out

help

• 1 month later...

I have been charged again for DATA usage on my vodafone account

i used 16.5GB of data. and my allowance is 20GB of data. I have documented proof of this. So up till the point a data test drive was added to my account i was within my allowance.

The problem is vodafones system haven't updated and in doing so they have been billing me for everything over 12GB.

So i go out and get a new contract after being told it would sort this problem out, and notes even a new connection didn't sort this out. so i returned the phone to the store and ported my number out and went with 02.

The problem i have now is vodafone seem to think despite that no matter how i break the proof down to them they can't see that the charges are incorrect and are positive they should be charges.

argh banging my head against a brick wall.

My december bill has 65 of charges on which i have been disputing from 14DEC when the bill was generated. I just keep getting fobbed off by people. Ive put it al in writing and sent recorded delivery and I've received a text again saying the charges are correct

GRRRRRR

Need help

Ive filled out th online form and posted off

problem is my credit report gets updates on the 14th JAN and last thing i need is a bad mark against it for a ficicous bill from vodafone

yes I've emailed them this evening

I'm hoping to get something sorted. i can't see why they can't sort it out when they are presented with evidence to show they are in the wrong

UPDATED 24TH APRIL 2015

CAG has a very successful vodafone Rep operating here.

We would advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee / Jen, email your details via the Contact us form here ( http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm)

To access the form, you MUST enter the code 'WRT135' and then state CAGicon Forum in the question box along with your query.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post this reference in your thread as soon as possible.

Vodafone UK.

CAG.

Should you hear nothing from them or it not work, email;

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi

As well as emailing VF and marking the email Formal Complaint, you should also do this in writing and get signed for delivery. VF cannot then deny you received anything.

As for the marking of your credit file, they should not have done this as the account was in dispute so add that to the list. If they fail to respond within 8 weeks or they issue a deadlock letter you then have two choices. Escalate to the Telecoms Ombudsman and the Information Commissioner OR start the legal process with a letter before action.

If you feel that you would have a good chance with court and can prove your case, going the legal route will be quicker than the authorities and to be fair VF take more notice when they get court papers. I caution you though. ONLY go this route if you intend to follow it through to completion. making threats of court action and not following it up makes you look silly and VF get bolder in their customer mistreatment.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

As well as emailing VF and marking the email Formal Complaint, you should also do this in writing and get signed for delivery. VF cannot then deny you received anything.

As for the marking of your credit file, they should not have done this as the account was in dispute so add that to the list. If they fail to respond within 8 weeks or they issue a deadlock letter you then have two choices. Escalate to the Telecoms Ombudsman and the Information Commissioner OR start the legal process with a letter before action.

If you feel that you would have a good chance with court and can prove your case, going the legal route will be quicker than the authorities and to be fair VF take more notice when they get court papers. I caution you though. ONLY go this route if you intend to follow it through to completion. making threats of court action and not following it up makes you look silly and VF get bolder in their customer mistreatment.

Top advice from SF... But follow the process through as ive mentioned then go from there once you get a response

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Yes I have the proof

It's been an ongoing issue for the past 3 months being charged for data over 12gb when my bundle is 20gb

Yes I have already sent a letter saying official complaint and account in despute

It was sent recorded delivery on 28dec15

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Topham,

As our automated reply appears not to arrived in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folder.

If it's not in there, please complete the form here again.

To access it you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

Once sent, please update the thread with your email reference number so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

• 1 month later...

Any further updates on this matter Topham?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE