• Tweets

• In this type of managed block most of the owners/tenants have other places elsewhwere and only use them occasionally so the concierge service have keys to ensure the smooth running of the block. Now I would be tempted to fit an old fashioned lock as well as the swipe pass if you are there all fo the time (subject to any necessary permissions). after all, it is for your convenience, not theirs
    • No-one can represent you as far as the debt liability goes so the CAB might have given your creditors a sob strory but that is not a representation by you so means nothing as far as the SB clock goes. My mum could admit that I owe money to a creditor and offer to pay but there is no relationship between her and the creditor so whatever she said or did wouldnt chaneg that. Now bailiffs like to pile on the guilt in trying to get relative to cough up for debts that arent theirs but they dont get paid otherwise.
    • Well, if they're living and working then they wouldn't be taking any state benefits surely?  So I dont see any issue.   Of course, the universal wage for all would eradicate any ill feeling towards people, and this constant narrative that someone is taking something from someone.  That's my real issue with capitalism if we move on slightly - we're all on different levels of the pyramid and most people are constantly looking over their shoulder at what the person next to them has.  Tory's talk about labour indulging in the politics of envy, but it's actually the capitalist free market system they have created which fuels this hatred towards other people.  I think that capitalism promotes competition and as such envy plays a big role in every one of us because we're all competing with one another...  better house, better car, better this and that.   Ask yourself if you'd be worried about an immigrant taking what you perceive to be yours by rights if there wasn't a more level playing field and people were treated equally regardless of where they were born/skin colour/gender etc?  People can't seriously be happy living like this.. constantly mistrusting, looking over your shoulder, paranoid, angry...
    • Could be a conflict of interest but if a family owned co you are not likely to get anyone else. can be someone of the same level. in all my years involved in union activity I have never met a licensed union chairman so mehtinks that you would be better off seeking independent advice or speak to the current branch officers of the union that has recognition/representation . If the confusion shown in your posts is translated into the workplace grievance procedures you may well end up worse off than with a simple and coherent presentation of your case so get someone else to be with you, ideally someone with the authority to actually represent you or the managers will fiond it difficult to undershatnd what it is you want
    • The result of not attending is already known to you. They will continue and the no show will count against you and may be worthy of dismissal in itself As for handing in your notice- too late, they are not obliged to accept it when a disciplinary hearing  is in the offing.
  • Our picks

essjaydee

PCN (London Borough of Havering) - No video evidence available

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1443 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give.

My parents (both OAPs) have just received a PCN out of the blue for supposedly taking an illegal right turn on a town centre road. There are actually zero right turns on the street in question, so the only thing that could have happened (although they cannot remember it) is that they made a u-turn using a supermarket loading bay situated on the right of the road.

There is a photograph enclosed that only shows the car driving down the street, (it could be on any street, in any town, judging by the photo!), so naturally we went online to check the supporting video footage that this photograph was supposedly from, only to find that the photo is the only evidence included on the page.

The main question here is what should they do now? It is impossible to speak with a human on the telephone, but they do not want to pay a fine without seeing the video of the incident actually happening. Is there a particular contact they should make to request the footage or should they challenge the PCN? Obviously, they worry that if they take too long or challenge and fail, the fine will double.

Thanks guys!

[SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]Data Protection Act Letter Sent 11th May 2006[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]Statements Received 30th May 2006[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]Preliminary Letter Sent 5th June 2006 - Offer of £25 Made by Halifax - REJECTED![/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]LBA Sent 16th June 2006 - No Response Received[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]Money claim submitted 6th July 2006[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=#0000ff]Claim served 12th July 2006, Acknowledged by Halifax[/COLOR][/SIZE]

You can view the video, if it exists, at Havering's Public Advice and Service Centre at the Liberty Shopping Centre.9-4pm Mon-Fri.