Hoist/Howard Cohen - Santander Overdraft

Ty1874
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far no contact from Hoist in regards to any settlement.

I have a question - has anyone had any success getting the case dismissed as the default notice does not comply with the Credit Consumer Act??

So far no contact from Hoist in regards to any settlement.

I have a question - has anyone had any success getting the case dismissed as the default notice does not comply with the Credit Consumer Act??

You are a long way off that stage yet...wait and see if the claimant inform the court if they wish to proceed.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

What does the Order state TY ...verbatim?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Lifting the stay is normal process......does it state you have a judgment against you..they cant just lift the stay and move to judgment...I cant advise TY with sections of the Order being stated...can you type it out or scan it?

yep the exact wording is

Upon reading the claimants letter dated 20/04/16

It is ordered that the

1) the stay be lifted

2) the claimant recover against the defendant the sum of £2300.00 and £180 for cost amounting to total.

it is ordered the defendant pay the claimant the sum of ___- on o before the 17th of May.

thats it.

Well as stated you cant just lift a stay and get judgment...so there is a part missing here.....along the lines that they must have made application to strike out your defence and request judgment or request Summary Judgment or both....or you failed to follow a court direction after mediation with allocation process.

Or there was something wrong with the way you acknowledged service and submitted a defence....I dont think we have the full story.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I followed every advice given.... literally can't sleep.

Can i apply to have it set aside based on the following points:

Holding defence not adjusted- no direction from court enabling adjustment of defence? -

No attempt made by claimant to make contact as per mediation order?

Thanks for you help!

I would ring the court that issued the Order and request how can a claim be lifted and judgment applied when a defence has been submitted? Has there been any other applications or orders that have gone astray that you are not aware of ?

Once you get that detail you can then consider whether you have grounds to set a side.

So quick update.... call the court on friday it turns out the judge issued judgement by mistake!!

Hoist had asked for the stay to be lifted and the judge granted judgement in error..

They are going to send me confirmation of this by the end of next week so fingers crossed.

Just a question - do i need to apply to amend my defence? non compliant default notice - charges etc..

At this point I still have the holding defence.

IMHO no

Neither are that relevant

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Wait until you receive further in formation from the court re their application and any further directions.

So who do you complain to when the judiciary make fundamental mistakes then? My local court decided to send all my paperwork to my previous address (I got a backdoor CCJ because the DCA done this too) rather than using the address I supplied on my N244 form. If the courts cant get the basic stuff right who are we supposed to turn to?

Why should you set a side and pay a fee when they applied the judgment by error...the claimants have to pay a fee if anyone to make their application.

Not really sure what to do next tbh.

I have sent them an email yesterday in regards to this

as it seems they want me to pay to set aside a judgment that should not have been made?

Is it possible hoist could have applied to have my holding defence struck out?

thats the only thing I can think of?

but would the court not notify me if that was the case??

Have been trying to call them all morning...

Not really sure what to do next tbh.

I have sent them an email yesterday in regards to this as it seems they want me to pay to set aside a judgment that should not have been made? Is it possible hoist could have applied to have my holding defence struck out? Possible but the court should have informed you thats the only thing I can think of? but would the court not notify me if that was the case??

Have been trying to call them all morning...

Only the Court can unravel what has gone on here....only an application for strike out or summary judgment would allow them to proceed to judgment once a defence has been submitted and the claim is stayed.

just an update

the judge has had a look at my holding defence and decided that I have no case.

He has therefore granted judgment on his own accord as not to waste the courts time.

I need to apply for set aside and come up with a reasonable defence.

" the judge has had a look at my holding defence and decided that I have no case. "

And how have you found that out Ty ? Have you received an order...does it allow you set a side the order?

Andy