No refund?

Surfer01

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 15th November we purchased a dishwasher drier from Currys in Worcester.

We also paid a £19.99 installation fee.

The dishwasher was to go where the washing machine was located so all connections were in place.

They delivered the unit on the 17th November

however they were unable to install the unit as the supply hose on the Miele has a large filter unit on the end of it

however they did move the washing machine out of the way.

We had to pay someone to come and cut a larger hole and connect up the dishwasher.

The delivery people told us that Currys would automatically refund my credit card the installation fee.

To date this has not happened.

How long should we wait before chasing Currys for the refund?

Quite possibly an oversight on their behalf, but two weeks for a refund certainly not!

Get on their case ASAP and don't stop until they refund it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

however they were unable to install the unit as the supply hose on the Miele has a large filter unit on the end of it

We had to pay someone to come and cut a larger hole and connect up the dishwasher.

I might be misunderstanding, but sounds like the new washer had a filter too large to fit?

Our dishwasher has one on the end, it isn't just a filter, there are electric cable and what looks like a pressure reducing solenoid. Most appliances are fitted into units under a worktop

and a hole in the side of the unit allows the hose to pass through to connect to the water supply and waste.

This big lump won't fit through a standard hole and the buyer should be made aware of that at the time of purchase.

It's not the fitters nor the buyers fault that the hole wasn't big enough, but Currys for not bringing it to the attention of the buyer, the paid for service wasn't carried out for this reason.

Our dishwasher has one on the end, it isn't just a filter, there are electric cable and what looks like a pressure reducing solenoid. Most appliances are fitted into units under a worktop

and a hole in the side of the unit allows the hose to pass through to connect to the water supply and waste.

This big lump won't fit through a standard hole and the buyer should be made aware of that at the time of purchase.

It's not the fitters nor the buyers fault that the hole wasn't big enough, but Currys for not bringing it to the attention of the buyer, the paid for service wasn't carried out for this reason.

That is correct as they did not have the dishwasher in question on their floor. Today I went to Currys in Kidderminster however I had left the receipt behind. I asked them to check the system and they said it was pointless without the delivery transaction number. So a 24 mile round trip for nothing!

They gave me a number to phone for customer services which I did and after about 15 minutes someone answered and then told me I had to go to sales and put me on hold again. After another 10 - 15 minutes I gave up. It seems that I am never going to get back my £20! Useless shop! :-x