TFL Unsuccessful Online Transaction

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can admin please put this in the correct place for me....

This morning I went to my online osyter account to add some pay'n'go funds. The TFL website only allows you to add £50 at a time, so wanting to add £100 I went through the procedure twice, but the 2nd time around the TFL website said the transaction was unsuccessful. Not paying too much attention to the the reason why the transaction didn't complete, checked my bank account and thought ok so only a couple of quid there so thats the reason. I then transferred more funds to my bank account and tried the TFL website again, and again the transaction was unsccessful. The reason being is that they only allow you to add £90 pay'n'go funds.

Checking my bank account again I noticed that again there were insufficient funds so I call my bank only to find out that TFL had taken 3 x £50 from my account event though only one transaction shows on my oyster account.

I then called TFL only to be told that the last 2 transactions were in a holding account and would be refunded in 2-5 days.

So it appears that TFL have a system in place that will seek authorisation from a bank for a transaction and then TFL will check and see if that transaction then meets its transaction criteria, if it doesnt then they will then refuse the payment, but only after it has already taken it.

Surely TFL should be checking to see if your request to add funds/tickets to your oyster meet with their critiera prior to requesting authorisation for a payment from a bank/credit card. If you have already added £50 surely if you try and add another £50 their system should say "thank you but the max you can add is £40" rather than continually keep taking funds.

I think this sucks and want to raise a complaint but where do I start?

Thread moved to Public Transport

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.