BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Sorry what are ATOS...I'm wondering what benefits I am entitled to due to this situation. Thanks.
    • We have now received the Judgement and sent it to the High court enforcement officers, it looks as though he got a copy of the judgement and sent the letter out above, we have also reported them to their Party for Harassment as they sent someone to our house demanding payment and a letter typed up as above.   We now await the enforcement and we understand they will try and get it set aside, so we do not know how they will manage this as we have waited for the refund since November 2019 and all they have done is threaten more action for their failures, its unbelievable.   All advice appreciated as always
    • Hi @dx100uk   good news and thanks so so so so much for your advice before - I referenced what you said and had this back from the Enforcement Officer:    “I’ve discussed your enquiry with my colleague and we are of the opinion that the actual signage would require advertisement consent (a search of our records shows that no permission has been granted and there are no outstanding applications), however we believe that the camera itself would benefit from permitted development rights.   I hope this information is helpful, and should you require anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.”   frustrating that I didn’t do this before I put in my defence but I’ll include in the WS! 
    • Hi all    need some advice please    a few month ago our fan oven door outside glass broke while no one was home. The cooker was a HUD61PS duel fuel model.  hotpoint agreed to repair free of charge and ended up picking the old cooker up and changing it for what we were told was a ‘like for like’ exchange. I specifically asked if there were any changes to the newer build and was told no just built newer.    on using the cooker we noticed that the fan in the fan oven turns off once the oven reaches temperature. So the fan oven is only a part time fan oven ! Hotpoint tell me this is to make the energy rating better.  Yet food has to be cooked for longer at a higher temperature to ensure it is cooked fully !!!  e.g potato waffles - 12/15 mins usually at 200° this oven they take at least 20 mins at 220° and still usually come out soggy !  a pie only come out half browned - keep in mind it’s meant to be a fan oven !    hotpoint are saying they will send an engineer out to see if it’s operating as intended .... but my argument is. It’s not the same oven we had or want ! We would never buy a fan oven that functioned like this.  Or we can have a full refund for £389 which is curry’s current selling price .....  no chance finding a decent oven for that price.      can we make hotpoint out us back in the position we was in prior e.g. with a cooker with a fan oven that works fully as a fan oven ? 
    • As I have said, we will work out the letter when you have all of the information that we need. By and large it will give them an opportunity to comment on the reports and the quotes that you have obtained. It will invite them to carry out their own inspection. It will invite them to undertake to pay the money which has been quoted for the remedial work and it will tell them that you will be bringing a legal action if this doesn't happen. Will sort out the details. Of course we are heading towards legal action here. It's pretty simple – but you will have to do be prepared to go ahead with your threat. I'm not into this 18 month gameplaying that you seem to be into. Once we make the threat – then we move on it. In other words at some point we give them 14 days notice of legal proceedings and on day 15 you issue the papers. If you are prepared to do this then I'm not sure what we can do
  • Our picks

Sarahjayne1

OPC Parking Notice - Rejected Appeal

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1541 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I have the same thing, I also live on Selden Hill. I have appealed saying that I have a car parking space with an OPC badge and because my working hours are long, I come home and generally there is someone in my space, and I have a 1 year old. So I parked in another space and got a ticket. The appeal was declined and the appeal letter stated court action unless I paid the fine (or something along those lines) I am now very worried as I cant afford the fine and dont feel I should pay, and secondly because I cant have a CCJ as it will affect me mortgage wise in the future so I feel pressured to pay. Help and advise would be great!

Hello, looking for some advise!

I received a notice for parking outside my flat on double yellows, because someone had taken my space.

I have appealed saying that I have a car parking space with an OPC badge and because my working hours are long, I come home and generally there is someone in my space, and I have a 1 year old. So I parked on the side of the road and got an OPC ticket.

The appeal was declined and the appeal letter stated court action unless I paid the fine (or something along those lines)

I am now very worried as I cant afford the fine and don't feel I should pay,

secondly because I cant any debts against my name as it will affect me mortgage wise in the future so I feel pressured to pay.

Help and advise would be great!

1st its is not a fine read the letters properly

2nd it cannot effect your credit file

It is not a debt

It's a speculative invoice

Dyls mean nothing on private land

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

The best thing you can do is ignore them for the moment as the lease of the property undoubtedly has superiority over anything they say or do. If you contact them to argue the toss they will think you are likely to pay up and send you a load more bull as reasons for doing so. The reality is the yellow lines mean nothing on provate land and they dont have a contract thta allows them to tell you what to do, it is all an administrative convenience designed to help you find somewhere to park, not the other way round.

Post up the letter if you can, you will then see that it doesnt say what you think it does but alludes to things and says things like "may" or "might" rather than "will"

stop spamming old posts and read what they say and post up your own thread if it is substantially different. The reality is that they cannot win a defended claim so you have no real worries, it is just a matter of making them give up so when you have your own thread started tell us what the dates were, what correspondence you received and how you responded.