OPC Parking Notice - Rejected Appeal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have the same thing, I also live on Selden Hill. I have appealed saying that I have a car parking space with an OPC badge and because my working hours are long, I come home and generally there is someone in my space, and I have a 1 year old. So I parked in another space and got a ticket. The appeal was declined and the appeal letter stated court action unless I paid the fine (or something along those lines) I am now very worried as I cant afford the fine and dont feel I should pay, and secondly because I cant have a CCJ as it will affect me mortgage wise in the future so I feel pressured to pay. Help and advise would be great!

Hello, looking for some advise!

I received a notice for parking outside my flat on double yellows, because someone had taken my space.

I have appealed saying that I have a car parking space with an OPC badge and because my working hours are long, I come home and generally there is someone in my space, and I have a 1 year old. So I parked on the side of the road and got an OPC ticket.

The appeal was declined and the appeal letter stated court action unless I paid the fine (or something along those lines)

I am now very worried as I cant afford the fine and don't feel I should pay,

secondly because I cant any debts against my name as it will affect me mortgage wise in the future so I feel pressured to pay.

Help and advise would be great!

1st its is not a fine read the letters properly

2nd it cannot effect your credit file

It is not a debt

It's a speculative invoice

Dyls mean nothing on private land

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The best thing you can do is ignore them for the moment as the lease of the property undoubtedly has superiority over anything they say or do. If you contact them to argue the toss they will think you are likely to pay up and send you a load more bull as reasons for doing so. The reality is the yellow lines mean nothing on provate land and they dont have a contract thta allows them to tell you what to do, it is all an administrative convenience designed to help you find somewhere to park, not the other way round.

Post up the letter if you can, you will then see that it doesnt say what you think it does but alludes to things and says things like "may" or "might" rather than "will"

stop spamming old posts and read what they say and post up your own thread if it is substantially different. The reality is that they cannot win a defended claim so you have no real worries, it is just a matter of making them give up so when you have your own thread started tell us what the dates were, what correspondence you received and how you responded.