Damp Issues Bolton at Home (Housing Assosation)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I rent a 2 bedroom house with my partner and 2 children 1 being 3 years old and other being 9 weeks.

I pay full rent and work full time but having an issue with these idiots at the moment

I called them out to acess the damp to see what they can do as im sick of scrubbing the walls and re painting them he messes about with this laser tool i asked him what he was doing and he says it will tell him how cold the walls was he was doing this for 20 minutes

hoping he came to a solution for us his only solution was to keep my heating on 24 hours a day 7 days a week

What a stupid solution when i asked him are they going to pay my gas bill he just laughed

really annoyed this is one of the worst people i have had a home off nothing but hassle from day one they have never done any work on this place from day 1 of living here 5 years

Hi ice

How many times have you previously reported this to the HA?

The individual the came out were they a Housing Officer/Clerk of Works and did you get their name?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The issuebis down to poor insulation or no insulation in the cavity

Or there is no cavity at all

When a window steams up it is the warm air inside meeting with the cold air outside

So if your wall are cold they will condensate as you found out

Correct insulation is the way forwards

Increasing temperature does also help

As does minimising making any damp eg cover pots don't dry washing inside use bathroom extractor when taking a shower ect

It may be that the energy company's will do free insulation or at least a survey witch will enable you to take this further with the housing

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Unfortunately, 4 people in a 2 bed house is going to cause a lot of condensation, which will collect on cold surfaces such as windows and internal brick/plaster walls. Normally it is not so bad if the walls are plasterboarded. I have a Victorian house so experience this a lot.

If it is damp it will generally appear more low down on the walls or would be related to leaking gutters or drain pipes.

As others have suggested, check whether the house is insulated properly and reduce the creation of moisture in the house by using pan lids, extractor fans, etc.

I bought a dehumidifier which helped and is cheaper to run than the heating. I got a Meaco DDL8 Junior as it works well at lower temperatures. Some humidifiers do not work very well below 15C.