JSA Rapid reclaim

Dazza1983
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to do a JSA rapid reclaim online but after answering the first few questions im told i live in a Universal Credit postcode area and to click on the start now link to apply if you live in an eligable area. Do i simply go through and fill out the Universal Credit questions to do a Jsa rapid reclaim?

If you meet the criteria for a UC claim, then I don't think you would be able to make a rapid reclaim for JSA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If i do have to go from JSA to UC then will my claim be processed as a rapid reclaim or a brand new claim? Would i for example have to do the Work Programme again? I was on Post Work Programme support when i had to briefly sign off last week.

It may be treated as a rapid reclaim, but I think it will automatically migrate to UC. Even if it is treated as a new claim, I don't think you would have to suffer the Work Programme again as a consequence. If you ever have the misfortune to get a referral, demand a mandatory reconsideration on the grounds that you have already completed the programme whilst on JSA.

Just phoned the Jobcentre and you can't go back to being a JSA claiment if you sign off and back on again if you live in a UC area. You have to claim UC.

That is pretty much what I suspected. I would suggest reading a few of the recent threads regarding the Claimant Commitment so that you are up to speed on the things that are likely to be imposed on you. Print off some of the notes that posters such as Lapsed Workaholic have provided and hopefully, you can avoid some of the more odious requirements that are imposed on some claimants.

That is pretty much what I suspected. I would suggest reading a few of the recent threads regarding the Claimant Commitment so that you are up to speed on the things that are likely to be imposed on you. Print off some of the notes that posters such as Lapsed Workaholic have provided and hopefully, you can avoid some of the more odious requirements that are imposed on some claimants.

I will take a look. Still waiting for them to phone me to arrange an appointment although i only applied for UC yesterday.

I filled out the online form for UC on Monday afternoon and i am yet to hear back from the jobcentre to arrange the interview you have to have to complete your claim. Anybody know how long it normally takes for them to call you?

Had my UC interview. Tried to get me to allow access to Universal Jobmatch which i refused. Demanded me to explain why i have not allowed access. Told me that i have to record all my jobsearch activitys on Universal Jobmatch which i wasn't happy with but agreed to do although i am also going to keep a paper record as well in case UJ dosnt work the day i sign on. Also have to log in to UJ every day. If my internet isn't working have to go to the local library.

I also have to attend the jobcentre once a week. I do not ever have to sign to receive payment of UC as in they don't need me to sign any piece of paper or electronic signing.

Have to do 35 hours jobsearch and was told not to just click on jobs on various job sites. Advisor would prefer that i do 10 proper job applications rather than just click on 50 jobs on job sites.

Have to contact agencys once a week. Send 3 spec letters/ emails a week.

Advised to register with linkedin and Twitter which i was not happy about.

Basicly anybody signing on UC make sure you stick to your claiment commintment.

Also have to log in to UJ every day. If my internet isn't working have to go to the local library.

So if your internet connection goes down on a Sunday, where is the nearest library that is open ?

So if your internet connection goes down on a Sunday, where is the nearest library that is open ?

That's a very good question. I didn't think of that. I expect they would say ask your neighbour/friends if you can use their internet or some other daft suggestion.

The other thing i meant to ask my work coach (which is what jobcentre adivisors are now called at my jobcentre) is about having travel reimbursed as i have to go to the jobcentre every Monday.

The other thing i meant to ask my work coach (which is what jobcentre adivisors are now called at my jobcentre) is about having travel reimbursed as i have to go to the jobcentre every Monday.

If you get an answer to this could you let us know? The rule for JSA was that you're expected to cover the cost of travel to your fortnightly signing out of your benefit. Any other mandatory attendance is reimbursed. I'd be interested to hear how that's handled on UC.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

If you get an answer to this could you let us know? The rule for JSA was that you're expected to cover the cost of travel to your fortnightly signing out of your benefit. Any other mandatory attendance is reimbursed. I'd be interested to hear how that's handled on UC.

Yeah i will ask about travel being reimbursed when i go to the jobcentre on Monday afternoon. I sign on weekly although actually you don't sign anything anymore.

Antone just to let you and everybody else know that you do not get any travel reimbursed for any appointments you have when on Universal Credit even if you attend weekly.

Antone just to let you and everybody else know that you do not get any travel reimbursed for any appointments you have when on Universal Credit even if you attend weekly.

Well, thanks for letting us know. But that truly stinks.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

All appointments don't get travel refund on UC? Seriously?

They should when it's non-signing on ones I would have thought

Afraid they don't cause i asked my work coach that very question. You do not have a specific sign on day either.

I did have a look last week but couldn't find much about it. Some people on UC have to attend the jobcentre every day so surely they must get their travel money back. If i had to do that it would cost me £17.50 a week.

Some people on UC have to attend the jobcentre every day so surely they must get their travel money back.

Perhaps it would be worth posing the question over on whatdotheyknow, then the answer would be in the public domain for the benefit of all claimants.