style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am a new poster on this forum.

So therefore I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place.

the sheriff office in croydon.

I had received a letter from the county court stating that I owe a ppi company a certain amount of money, which is true.

However, I can not deal with company direct anymore and they have now handed it over to the sheriff office who are dealing with it all.

They have sent bailiffs to my premises twice now and literally the payments have been increased from 658 pounds which is what the court issued to, 1300 and now 2700, which is ridiculous I must say.

There were, no stamps on these letters they dropped through my letter box £1300 and £2700.

I cannot afford to even pay these amounts at all.

After their first visit,

I gave them a call and I had said that I would like to set up a payment plan,

I was told to put this in writing and send it to them by post.

I had given them a letter and attached a cheque which has cleared and now gone through.

I stated in this letter that we will stick to what the court said I should pay and never heard anything back, the payment had cleared,

however to my surprise I have now received a 2700 fine which I cannot pay and they threaten to seize my goods which have no value despite them taking the cheque which insists that they have agreed to what I put in the letter.

Any advice or help will be grateful

why oh why did you not defend the claimform when you got it.

theres been o win in my knowledge of a PPI CMC winning solely for their handling fees.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Given the big jump in fees they are claiming I would guess they are saying they have taken Control of Goods.

This could be for a vehicle they think you have but at the same time do not appear to have left any paperwork for this. Have you asked for a breakdown of the amounts they are claiming? If not then would suggest you do this ASAP an see what comes back.

With it being a residential address then unless you have visible trapping of wealth on show there is no way they can effect entry unless by peaceful means & it could be a very bad idea to invite them in.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Given the big jump in fees they are claiming I would guess they are saying they have taken Control of Goods.

This could be for a vehicle they think you have but at the same time do not appear to have left any paperwork for this. Have you asked for a breakdown of the amounts they are claiming? If not then would suggest you do this ASAP an see what comes back.

With it being a residential address then unless you have visible trapping of wealth on show there is no way they can effect entry unless by peaceful means & it could be a very bad idea to invite them in.

They are very difficult to get hold of.

My issue is I've sent something writing and they have taken the payment, so why the further visits. There isn't any wealth on show. Thanks I'll try to chase them on that.

The only fee that would require control of goods to have been taken before being charged is the sale stage fee. The first two can be added on just visits.

They are very difficult to get hold of.

My issue is I've sent something writing and they have taken the payment, so why the further visits. There isn't any wealth on show. Thanks I'll try to chase them on that.

Because payment will not have been taken as an agreement to start monthly payments. The payment was just banked. You will find that they will continue to visit in order to take control of goods for sale or to set an arrangement if you have insufficient goods.

You will need to ask for a breakdown of the fees charged.

From the figures you mention it would appear that Enforcement Stage 1, Enforcement Stage 2 and Sale Stage have been added.

It is always advisable to make contact with them before they visit, especially after the first one.