• Tweets

• I am not sure what you are expecting. This is nothing new, it is just that the person concerned caught the incident on camera, that makes it newsworthy, apparently. Simply the EA fell foul of the regulation which defines "relevant premises". I can think of several judgments which agree with this, and found against the Bailiff..: 6)Otherwise premises are relevant if the enforcement agent reasonably believes that they are the place, or one of the places, where the debtor— (a)usually lives, or (b)carries on a trade or business. The bailiff may call at relevant premises, this may or may not correspond to any residential information suppled by the creditor or his office, the provision is permitted under his general powers.   The point is that the EA must have a reasonable belief that the person lives or works there. Once the EA acts outside the procedure authorised by his writ(Schedule( 12), he is open to actions under common law or those rules applicable under other legislation.   Problems only arise when people take this incident to prove something that it doesn't.     There is no disputing that the bailiff and the company behaved atrociously, and there is no denying that DCBL makes a habit of this kind of thing    
    • I feel a snotty something coming on. Whatever it is it's not Batflu 😂😂   It was an ANPR capture. ..... SMILE 🖕.....   Is this enough or should I write a proper defense??   A lack of contractual obligation makes your demands spurious, please refer back to your client and desist this harassment
    • Welcome to the Forum. Could you please just clarify the date you received the NTK. It doesn't usually take 11 days to deliver unless it went via a lease company or business address first.
    • A. It’s statute barred B. It won’t have any effect on a mortgage c. The person who dropped the card through your door is powerless
    • Hello,  So long story short my cousin and best friend has got themselves in to quite a pickle. They moved into a new build about a year ago and have always had "luck" never being charged for gas and electric as somehow in the past 8 years they would always be skipped and never chased up or checked for their electricity despite numerous different places they've lived in. Their luck seems to have run out with scottish power and they're not sure what to do at the moment for a few reasons: All letters are addressed to the occupant and not their actual name They've been hesitant to phone scottish power as they've received letters on estimated readings but scottish power have been known to charge both estimated AND actual if you're higher than your estimated which seems crazy to me as if you're lower you don't pay your lower AND actual you pay and receive the difference   Grosvenor has just contacted them saying they've been instructed to collect outstanding arrears, they have PTSD dealing with some bailiffs in the past(long story but the issue actually had nothing to do with them, had wrong address but Bailiff nearly hospitalized the poor girl) and aren't sure how to move forward because no one answers the phones at Grosvenor and of course wouldn't want it to escalate. What can my dear cousin do?
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5068 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi - take a bit of time to read up first to make sure that you have the facts before going too far ahead. Read the FAQs and template letters then have

a good read around here to see how others are getting on.

Keep any progress on your own claim or questions that arise in a new thread in the forum for your bank to make it easier for others to follow and advise you. There's a set of links in my sig below that will help you find where all this useful information is. Well done for getting started! :)

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!