i need help with Vodaphone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I need help with vodaphone. I paid them to cancel my contract a few months early - so i basically paid for the remaining months. They said they will cancel the contract. i started a new contract for a phone which i gave to my daughter. The direct debit was high, but i didnt think much of it - because my daughter was always on the phone. 2 years later i took out another contract, still the bills were a bit high. After checking with vodaphone, they said the original contract had not been cancelled, and i have been paying for 2 contracts for nearly 4 years. I know - my fault for not cancelling the original DD with the bank. Subsequently the bank recouped all the money for me according the DD guarantee scheme. Now Vodaphone are chasing me for £1019, which the bank recouped. How do i get them off my back. They sent the bill to a debt agency, after speaking to the debt agency it was returned back to Vodaphone to chase it.

Frederickson by any chance? ...

As Vodafone seem to be pretty inactive at the moment on CAG. Email the boss.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Welcome Tony,

I have moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Frederickson by any chance? ...

As Vodafone seem to be pretty inactive at the moment on CAG. Email the boss.

Hi and welcome to CAG

The VF reps haven't been around much but they still do look in to see where they can help so you could try the above link or try this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

Now, while you were in error in not checking your DD's and billing, it should not have been necessary as VF have cocked up yet again.

You do not owe this money as VF should have cancelled it.

I would be checking your credit file as VF are stupid quick in applying defaults. In this case, once the mess of their creation is sorted, any credit file entries that could be detrimental should be removed.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for that, but Vodafone have sent a bill for the amount that the bank has clawed back for me. How do I get them to accept it is their mistake.

Simple. Don't agree with their bull. They will do anything to make it your fault.

If you haven't made a formal complaint, now is the time to do so. Highly unlikely they will resolve this in the 8 weeks allowed so you can then escalate to the telecoms ombudsman.

Once a dispute is registered with VF, all collection activity should cease while they investigate.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I have already phoned them and spoke to someone, all times and dates i have logged. They agree to refund about £660, which i was happy with at the time but then they withdrew the offer. I still have the text message with the offer. Does this class as a formal complaint or do i have to ring again and state that i want to make a formal complaint on the matter.

I suggest not ringing them. Phone call contents can be denied. If you choose to go that way, you record the call.

Ideally you should complain in writing via email and follow up with snail mail. They cannot deny ever getting the complaint that way.

Also, make sure any complaint letter is headed as such (Formal Complaint). You would be surprised at how many companies refuse to deal with complaints unless headed as such and just treat them as a letter.

• 3 weeks later...