Utility Warehouse disgusting customer service.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Misleading, and Untrustworthy

After having dismal internet connection, my teenage sons couldn't tolerate the awful connection for their ps4. I decided to change my broadband to Virgin so my boys could have really fast broadband for gaming. I have all of services with UW and until that point was a genuinely happy customer.

When I informed UW that I wanted to change my broadband, (but keep all my other services, gas,electricity and 3 mobiles) I had the rude retenti...ons call. Essentially I was blackmailed into keeping UW broadband or face a major price rise in my gas & electricity prices and the loss of insurance cover for the mobile phones.

As a single parent I couldn't take the financial hit of being forced into fuel poverty. I was patronisingly 'upgraded' to a 22mb per second modem & was assured that would be more than adequate. Not surprisingly we weren't given the installation date we needed and the connection is still useless.

After 5 years of being a customer, I thought I was angry until I saw this months bill where I was hit with a £83 data charge. I've had to use my mobile data to see emails since I've been constantly applying for jobs. I emailed UW to challenge this & was informed that it was justifiable since I had been texted to warn me that I was near my data limit but had continued to use my data. So I'm stuck with a bill for over £300.

I pointed out that this company relies on people's opinion to save on advertising. I was given the customer number to call. The moral of the story is they are not as cheap as they profess to be. However they are cheap and trashy with their customer service and don't see anything wrong in blackmailing people into staying with them to avoid fuel poverty.

Avoid them like the plague, unless you like atrocious customer service and hidden costs.

Edited by Andyorch
Paragraphs

hi I have been with utility warehouse for a year and a half in august they sent me a bill saying i owe 600 pounds, I rang them and they said they had put me on the wrong tarriff. I exlained that i had just lost my job but i could set up a re payment, we cam to 78 pounds every four weeks which i could stretch to. In the last two months they have taken the debt which is fine and then my bill on top which is calculated each month one payment of 91.00 pounds and another of 105 pound on top of this they have taken the 78. I did not give permission for them to take more than the 78, I went to the bank and have claimed that back i have cancelled my direct debit so they can take no more money from me. I am self employed single parent to a 5 year old and money is dead tight. Today i swapped to sky internet and phone line and marks and spencers gas and electric. i owe utility to them including the 105 and 91 500 pounds, i am hoping to contact them tomorrow so that once i have swapped over i am able to set up a standing order but i cannot affor 182 pound every 4 weeks, its disgusting no one uses that much gas and electric in one month i swapped to them because it sounded easy having just one payment i was incredit when i was with Eon, now i have stupid debt that i cannot payback until i have moved companies. I am really worried about what they will do.

thankyou lisa

hi I have been with utility warehouse for a year and a half in august they sent me a bill saying i owe 600 pounds, I rang them and they said they had put me on the wrong tarriff. I exlained that i had just lost my job but i could set up a re payment, we cam to 78 pounds every four weeks which i could stretch to. In the last two months they have taken the debt which is fine and then my bill on top which is calculated each month one payment of 91.00 pounds and another of 105 pound on top of this they have taken the 78. I did not give permission for them to take more than the 78, I went to the bank and have claimed that back i have cancelled my direct debit so they can take no more money from me. I am self employed single parent to a 5 year old and money is dead tight. Today i swapped to sky internet and phone line and marks and spencers gas and electric. i owe utility to them including the 105 and 91 500 pounds, i am hoping to contact them tomorrow so that once i have swapped over i am able to set up a standing order but i cannot affor 182 pound every 4 weeks, its disgusting no one uses that much gas and electric in one month i swapped to them because it sounded easy having just one payment i was incredit when i was with Eon, now i have stupid debt that i cannot payback until i have moved companies. I am really worried about what they will do.

thankyou lisa

you need to start a new thread

of your own

and poss add double line spacing too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...