PCN CODE 12R Brent Council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

This is my first post here.

I received a PCN notice for parking in Brent Harlesden Tavistock road. This was a shared use bay, there was signs at the start of the road that has a residents or pay & display sign as well as another sign at the end of the road that had a resident permit holders only sign. I parked about 3 bays from the parking machine and signage that stated pay & display and I paid by phone with the ringo app. The parking machine has a ringo sticker on it with the location details. On approach to my car I saw a yellow sticker PCN, I checked the time and saw that I still had a valid ticket at the time I was issued the PCN. I immediately log on to Brent's PCN website and challenged the PCN I attached the pictures of my ringo ticket payment confirmation for my parking ticket which shows the time . A few weeks later I received s response from Brent stating I had parked in a permit holders resident bay and my ticket was not valid. They attached the picture of the sign at the end of the road that stated resident only.

I then responded to the letter again online and attached the other signage that stated resident or pay& display, once again they responded and insisted that it was a resident only bay.

As this was a shared use bay, with no double demarcation lines of anything to separate the bay, and I had a valid pay by phone ticket, I don't think I should have to pay £130 for this PCN. They have now issued a notice to owner.

Traffic signs manual chapter 3 regulatory signs (2008):

7.51 Where two different parking bays are sideby side (e.g. a loading bay adjacent to a disabledbadge holder bay), consideration should be given tomounting two signs side by side, preferably on a greybacking board, at the changeover point. Each signshould include an arrow pointing in the direction ofthe respective bay. This should minimise the risk ofdrivers parking in the wrong bay by mistake and incurring a penalty.

Only a single line between the two different bays:

https://goo.gl/maps/FHSUX7Vh24u

Yes my point exactly there is only a single line, and it confusing , because the arrow point right on the Permit holder only sign, there is also the same arrow on the bay's that was supposedly for the shared users, pay & display

You'll probably be asked to remove those scans as they identify you by PCN number etc.

As established above, different bay types should have double lines dividing them from each other. I think you have grounds to appeal on non-compliant markings.

My local council have many shared use bays and permit holder only bays side by side and they only have a single line between the different bays.

To be honest it's quite clear the first set of bays is permit holder only, then shared use no idea what the last single bay is though as there's no sign indicating its use.

also the big blue round signs with an arrow have nothing to do with the bays they're signs for the cars leaving burger king to show them its a one way from what I can see.

Good luck though let us know how you get on.