repossession looming mortgages 1 ltd ***Suspended***

rocketsgal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We received a notice for repossession from peterborough county court which was dated 16th july 2013,

on saturday 21.11.15 with repossession date 7.12.15 by mortgages 1 ltd,for arrears off around £2000, my husband receives esa benefits which is paying the interest on the mortgage plus he pays £25 extra every week,

he telephoned them yesterday (24.11.15) and the woman told him she'd post out a earnings and expenditure form, but i don't think it will arrive and get back to Them before the 7th december,

she told him to print off an N244 form and arrange a court hearing to try and get it suspended and in the meantime she would talk to her advisor to see if they would allow us the time to try and sell the house instead, but when he phoned them back today, they totally denied saying anything like that at all and that they were repossessing the house as planned.

My point to all this is that we didn't get any warning about this and she said thst as it was first applied for in july 2013 and had been suspended, that they weren't required too inform us that they had reapplied for repossession even though the payments have never been missed,

sorry if this is a bit long winded but we're reaĺy worried that we won't have enough time to try and stop all this happening before the baillifs arrive on the 7th, any advice gratefully received, thanks

Edited by honeybee13

Someone will be with you as soon as they can. Have you read round some of the other threads in respect of repossession ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi, we can help you with your N244 application, will check in with you again in the morning

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

yeah i've been reading and printing off everything lol, we're so deflated by it all that right now we're ready to just walk away from it all.

Mortgage company aren't willing to help in any way shape or form, and to be honest, i'm beginning to hate this house.

Hi, just need a bit more information.

1. Is this an interest only or repayment mortgage

2. How many years are left on the mortgage?

3. How much is the monthly payment and how much is the benefits office paying

4. Is the mortgage joint?

5. Are there any children living in the property ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

OK, so there is a shortfall on the monthly payment each month - you would need to pay £129.36 just to keep the payments at the contractual level. This means the arrears are not reducing but increasing by £9.36 each month.

Do you work ?

Hi, we can help you with your N244 application, will check in with you again in the morning

Click on the link to download the N244

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406095-LEGAL-N244-Application-Notice-**Correct-as-at-Sept-2015**

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

You say this is an interest only mortgage. Do you also have an endowment insurance which you are paying in order to settle the principle on completion ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi rocketsgal. Not sure if you are still following this thread? Am so sorry to hear of your situation.

As has been said, you aren't paying the arrears off or the contractual monthly payment right now. The usual first option would be to offer the monthly payment plus something towards the arrears. Was this something that was agreed in the original suspended order in 2013?

If you can manage this (by going through your income and expenditure and making a realistic offer) then you may be okay.

If you really cannot pay even the monthly payment then your best option is probably to submit the N244 form and ask for time to sell the house yourself.

Another thing that might be an option, depending on your circumstances, is the government Support for Mortgage Interest scheme, whereby the government will pay your mortgage interest if you are in receipt of certain benefits. I don't know the details of the scheme, or your details, so have no idea if you are eligible, but it's just another potential option.

There were a lot of these mortgages taken out in the mid to late 2000s. the idea was that you took a separate endowment policy which paid off the principle of the loan which matured coincident with the agreements termination but unfortunately many people defaulted or terminated the insurance for various reasons and thus at the end of term were unable to pay the original debt.

If this is one of these agreements, the court will look at if there has been any arrangement made to settle the debt at the end of term. If there hasn't they are unlikely to let the payment of the interest only continue.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

DB, it was my understanding that the providers of interest only mortgages were to ensure that there was an endowment in place that would repay the principle at the end of term.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

DB, it was my understanding that the providers of interest only mortgages were to ensure that there was an endowment in place that would repay the principle at the end of term.

Yes unfortunately this was only at the onset of the loan, many just stopped paying and left the endowment either paid up or un-claimable because there was insufficient funds in the pot.

Many stopped paying the premium when they were struggling because there was no immediate sanction for doing so. Sometimes the interest rate would increase and the balance of the unpaid interest would be lumped on top of the principle(refinanced).

hi i,ve spent 2 days on the phone going round in circles, i read on here somewhere they couldnt repossess under 2,000 in arrears, because i,d like to print it off for court paperwork.. i,m disabled and trying my hardest to sort. i rang their solicitors to ask for all documentation, yes they said @£10 per doc, as how many was told at least ten, told them bluntly if i had that amount of money i,d pay it to my Morgage ya con artists. call ended bluntly..

" i read on here somewhere they couldn't repossess under 2,000 in arrears "

See post #11...but I thought that was in connection to a landlord serving a section 8 notice ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread