DWP Home Visit Letter

Bungle72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I have had a letter from DWP saying

" WE ARE REVIEWING YOUR BENEFIT CLAIM.

We will be visiting your home so you can keep us up to date....

... we will be visiting you at your home to talk about any changes that could affect your benefits

We will need you to provide us with the information listed on page 2 ( ID and bank statement) so we can make sure you are getting everything you should.

There is no department stated on the letter just from DWP...

.the person who signed its just their name no job title or dept.

We are having serious issues with a person who is making our life hell atm.

I get ESA support group and DLA.

There is two things they may have complained about .

... firstly that my husband doesnt live here but I claim for him.

He does but due to personal issues he doesnt go out etc

so no one sees him around and about.

Secondly I have 2 children in higher education.

My daughter has her own little business she does from home...

I did check with DWP etc if it would affect my benefits they said no as any money either child earns is theirs

These were the 2 issues that this person apparently " has issues with "

Both can be proved to be false.

..I only have one bank account that my money goes in to

..so statements will be ready for them to look at,

no savings or anything.

And of course my husband will be here, well upstairs but available if needed.

Im wondering with the wording on the letter and being no department would it be that someone is still causing trouble,

or as I know can happen a routine check?

I did ring and ask but they said they cant give out information what its about.

The visit is tomorrow, no specific time just between 9-3.

Thank you

This looks like a Compliance check, so it's pretty routine and not likely to be anything to worry about. You've correctly identified the main reasons why these visits happen: either it's just a random check or perhaps they are looking into a fraud allegation that they're not taking seriously. They have to be seen to at least take a look at all fraud reports, but if they really thought you had done anything wrong it would be the Fraud Investigators calling you in for an Interview Under Caution.

Neighbours make fatuous reports about fraud all the time, and the DWP knows this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I had similar some months back. (but had to go in and speak to someone) Like Antone said, it was something they didn't take that seriously because in my case, there wasn't a lot of information; but they had to check. I was told it happens a certain amount of times, (I think it's 2 or 3 times) they put a note on your file that someone keeps reporting you.

Thank you for your advice.

We have had a visit before well it was my husband that time. His Mum passed away and he went abroad. He was reported for living over there but claiming benefits here. A quick look at his passport showed 2 week stay and all was well. I cannot remember how his letter was worded.

What gets me mad is the person who is doing all this knows we arent well off, I have a disability thats obvious we dont go on holidays etc.... they appear well off have holidays always out and about so its not jealousy.

What do you mean by, 'my husband doesn't live here but I claim for him'.

think that explains what she means, in other words someone is accusing her of getting benefits for a fictitious husband when in fact he is housebound and therefore not seen by the accuser

think that explains what she means, in other words someone is accusing her of getting benefits for a fictitious husband when in fact he is housebound and therefore not seen by the accuser

That was my reading as well.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

My husband is on my ESA claim , like Sparks says he has issues that make him house bound. This since he had an accident at work. So they either think like Sparks says im claiming for a fictitious husband or hes off somewhere else and im claiming money like hes here. Its because we dont let everyone know our circumstances. Mine is an obvious disability where as his is a mental illness. But having said all this she may have thrown a curve ball and be something totally different.

I havent even told my husband as I know it wouldnt help him, so unless the man from DWP asks to see him etc he wont know until after hes gone.

As your husband is named on your claim they may wish to speak to him as well. This could be for them to verify some personal information and see if they can offer any type of assistance, or even a check to see if there are other benefits you may be eligible for.

So just be prepared for this to happen...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

As your husband is named on your claim they may wish to speak to him as well. This could be for them to verify some personal information and see if they can offer any type of assistance, or even a check to see if there are other benefits you may be eligible for.

So just be prepared for this to happen...

Yes theres no problem if they want to see him, might not get much out of him, but at least they can see hes not laid on a beach drinking cocktails.

It doesnt say how many bank statements they need just says your most recent statements so ive printed off 6 months worth.

Well folks today is the day. Despite talking to myself saying you have done nothing wrong Im a bag of nerves. It says any time between 9am and 3pm. I will let you know what happens.

Good luck, I know it wont work but try and relax, I am sure it will go well

• Haha 1

Well just had a phonecall from the man that will be visiting. To confirm he will be here around lunchtime. He introduced himself as the customer complaints officer...not compliance definitely complaints . Thats a new title I havent heard . Any thoughts ?

Now im thinking complaints? someone has complained ? Then CUSTOMER complaints ? that sounds like ive made a complaint which I havent. Oh why cant it be look someones accused you of benefit fraud we are coming to see you or this is a routine visit ? Oh my mind is in a whirl even the beta blockers are struggling today.

Well guys thats was fun.... like we thought they said my husband worked away and got cash in hand, shouted him downstairs said hello that was that....and Im a drug dealer !!!! Well he did actually crack up laughing as he said it. I did tell him theres no way Id let anyone near my Tramadol he says I think they mean cannabis etc...oh right lol

So he was here exactly 4 minutes never looked at my bank statements glanced at mi ID that was it, hes said we can see its malicious and these allegations dont affect your ESA claim...so I asked oh so its ok to deal drugs then? He just winked and left.

That's just ridiculous. The problem the DWP have, is they have to investigation these type of things on the tiny chance they may actually be true.

You won't, from experience, hear anything from the DWP over this. It's just a case of they've decided you're doing nothing wrong and your case is now closed.

That's just ridiculous. The problem the DWP have, is they have to investigation these type of things on the tiny chance they may actually be true.

You won't, from experience, hear anything from the DWP over this. It's just a case of they've decided you're doing nothing wrong and your case is now closed.

Yes he said my claim would be carrying on as normal and it was obviously malicious. That was one accusation that had never entered my head !