Letter of Notice of Intent to Register Default from Thesis

physicsgraduate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Silverfox i also think that the OP was indicating that SB was their current thinking and i have been through this myself very recently, i too am talking about pre98 loans and just want the OP to be aware that if Link are threatening then just ignore as they are a very dishonest bunch of parasites imo. But if the OP has been deferring then this i believe is "Acknowledgment". I would wait until dx, Andy or such like who are experts in my experience clarify though as my experience is only my own.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then just ignore link is my advice, if they ever do manage to get you on phone? Just say "In writing only" and put down telephone.

Once you are 100% sure 6yrs have lapsed then send SB template letter.

PS: It might be worth your while sending a SAR to SLC as the SLC have obviously sold this outstanding amount to Link and do not let Link scare you with court action as they are not the original creditor. Its all just part of their devious, dishonest and frankly illegal activities to get people to pay and remember they are just a DCA and not baliffs and have very limited powers although they will lie to you otherwise!

Edited by WarrenBuffet

You mean Thesis?

Just to elucidate further, I came on here for some advice when all this was happening and had them send me out copies of the loan twice, and there was/still is a question mark over whether it is a valid since some of the writing on the copies they provided was illegible.

So I have to write to them after the 6 years stating that I no longer recognise this debt or something like that?

I have a bit of experience at dealing with debt collectors and I know how they work, they will try to scare you when in fact they are most likely bluffing/unlikely to actually do anything about it since they probably only bought the debt for a few quid anyway. They rely on the ones who cave in and pay to keep their profit margins up.

Link and Thesis are the same company, just before Christmas i called link and there answered the phone stating "Hello Thesis" before correcting herself to "Sorry Link".

As regards 6 yrs once you are sure then send the "i do not recognise this debt" and follow the procedure ........ Job done.

• 1 year later...

They've been chasing me for about 8 years now for a default on just over a year of Student Loans when I failed to send in the deferment form.

Up until last year though I was sending in the form and getting the loan (or the rest of it) deferred, however each year was becoming more and more of a chore. I had to hassle them to send out the letter confirming deferment and last year they just didn't bother to send a form out to me at all, so I though sod them.

Been getting the same letter from Thesis for years, but now this one is threatening to take me to court if I don't pay up.

Should I just ignore it? I'm guessing it's just an attempt to scare me and they have no real powers to do anything, right?

They also got my address wrong, I have told SLC about this many times, but still they get my address wrong.

I wrote to SLC about 8 years ago and asked for copies of the agreement, and the copies they sent were partly illegible in some parts.

Oh yeah, the loan was taken out pre-1998 and I live in Scotland. It's about two years now since I last acknowledged this debt, so I was thinking I can't be bothered with this hassle every year with getting them to send the form out etc, I'll just sit on it and wait for another 3 years to pass.

As far as I am aware I have never acknowledged this debt with Thesis, or in any case I have certainly not acknowledged this debt with Thesis for over 6 years. The debt they are chasing me for is more now though as the default amount has risen in the last because I failed to defer.

I'd be happy to pay this pending a commensurate income, but they haven't played fair with me, and as far as I'm concerned this was summer money I should have been getting from welfare anyway as I started the Uni the year the tories scrapped this for students.

Thesis are link dca in sheep's clothing

Wouldn't worry too much about this

If you have a read up on thesis here

You'll soon get the idea

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In sheep's clothing? Is that the right metaphor for a DCA that's nothing to worry about?

I was just going along the lines, they've not taken any action against me in 8 years so.... but this is the first time (in a while anyway) they've threatened me with court action.

If they're not going to send out the deferment form, then how can I defer?

Use the SLC one

Can be downloaded

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If I do that then I'm acknowledging the debt.

Are you recommending that I do that? I'm just thinking that they don't seem to actually do anything, and if I wait another three years and just ignore them, probably move house soon hopefully then it'll all just go away.

Well you've done so every year to date

So makes no odds

and they

I haven't though, as I explained last year they didn't send the form out,

around the same time as everything in my life went south

and I sustained an injury to one of my upper limbs.

This is perhaps why Thesis appear to be upping the game.

I haven't sent in a deferment form for over two years, because I got tired of them not sending the form out

and then I have to go to the library to print one out,

then get the job centre to stamp it,

then send it by recorded delivery, then several weeks later

I have to hassle them to send the confirmation letter out.

I'm also on WTC now trying to run my own business

so I'm not sure where I stand with deferring

or how I go to show that I am eligible.

ok well old style loans can become SB'd after 6yrs.

so let it run?

I doubt that letter says will anywhere

and they cant I expect default or more importantly

that it will show now on CRa files.

let it run.

dx

and they

It does say 'Court action will then follow unless...' in one paragraph.

Default notice served under section 87(1) of the CCA 1974.

Do they own the debt now ? If not, then they cannot send out a default notice in their own name ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Scan the letters up

Sounds like usual link willy waving

Upload

Dx

and they

willy waving.

dx

and they

Thesis own a portion on the old style loan book now, so they can send out a s87 default notice in their name and register a default with the CRAs just the same as SLC could. I've seen defaults from them on the CRAs, so I know this is not necessarily a 'bluff'.

Thesis own a portion on the old style loan book now, so they can send out a s87 default notice in their name and register a default with the CRAs just the same as SLC could. I've seen defaults from them on the CRAs, so I know this is not necessarily a 'bluff'.

Are you saying then they might own this debt with the SLC now, because I failed to defer they sold it on?

There were two letters. Hope the upload works and it's in the right format.

They is what you would expect. They can terminate the agreements and demand the whole balance back if you don't make up the arrears.

They do say "WILL" on the the court action, but whether they do or not is anyone's guess. Link Financial sometimes do go to court though, so you should not rule it out..