PCM - unmarked parking bays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've challenged PCM Ltd three times without any concrete reply over 4-month period and now they've sent DRP recovery letter. They are accredited with IPC who are useless. I've also tried with land owner Taylor Wimpey but they are not interested (must have an agreement with PCM to share revenues).

In short, my challenge is based on the following grounds:

-parking bays are on a public road (with inadequate fence signs) which I didn't see. In my opinion they are designed to trick drivers into parking next to clearly visible DISABLED road markings. It's unreasonable to read these small board signs installed on a fence without walking away from the car. Should they not be placed as road signs? What are the regulations?

I'm not able to post a pic of my car, here is the address: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - 10 Olympic Park Avenue - Stratford - London - E20 1FT, maybe somebody knows the road.

-parking area was empty so there was no inconvenience caused for the landlord, Taylor Wimpey. Taylor Wimpey responded that parking is restricted to safeguard parking for customers and prevent potential damage from oil spillages. Can I claim disproportionate costs of the invoice (160 on DRP letter) to their loss incurred?

What is your advice I should do next? I admit it was easier to pay in the beginning but now it's a matter of principles.

Thanks for your advice.

what dates are the offences.

if it gone on this long

and gone to a powerless DCA [whom are not bailiffs and have no legal powers whatsoever]

you are probably near the end.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, 1 fake PCN from the end of June, 2015, "parking without clearly displaying a valid PCM UK Ltd permit.."

It's a opposite of new flats development site which I'm guessing they take advantage temporarily, it's not a parking site but a public road next to park.

I'm wondering whether somebody has resolved any such invoice if it comes to the court. Can I refer to inadequate signs as the reason?

Hi, no, it's to the left from the location you sent on googlemap, in front of Taylor Wimpey marketing suite (I clicked 4 times on the left arrow). I parked on the opposite side facing the park.

so, the bays adjoining the road? If the google car can drive down the road it is a public road and the bays are therefore part of that road, private or not. See the case of Dawood v Camden 2009. This means the landowner can say what they want but the law has been determined that private land accessible from the public highway without a barrier is to be treated as being the public highway.

So, what to do? Ignore DR+ as they have no rights to ask you for anything and rely on ignorance, dence the demand for £160. They work on the theory if you are daft enough to believe that you owe them anything then you will pay any amount they ask for. Consider whey the debt has gone up to 3160 form the original amount? have you agreed to this? NO, they are just [edited] when you consider the 2006 Theft Act and misrepresentation. Dont bother trying to reason with any of these companies, they are not in it to benefit the public but to make money by any means possible and since clamping is banned they ahve to resort to misrepresentation, misdirection and sometimes outright fraud to get your money. Should PCM get back in touch tell them that the above casw law applies and therefore you cannot have entered into a contract with them as it is considerted to be a public place that has no restrictions for parking under the Road Traffic Act. If they are then daft enough to want to continue their misadventure you have created a paper trail that they wont be able to get around.

yes, these adjoining bays on the public road. Thanks a lot for very informative answer! That's very useful.

I'm still quite amazed how somebody from PCM came up with such a scheme and can get away with it.

yes, these adjoining bays on the public road. Thanks a lot for very informative answer! That's very useful.

I'm still quite amazed how somebody from PCM came up with such a scheme and can get away with it.

They aren't the only ones. It's a huge business.

they get away with it because millions of people pay up and them moan about it afterwards. If no-one paid and we all took it to the limit these companies would be out of business. they sell themselves to the landowners and managing agents as the panacea for all parking problems but they actually create more than they solve and just get people's backs up. The sooner landlords looked at other sensible methods of controlling their business assets the better. If you owned a shop would you employ these clowns to run your tills for you so you could get on with ordering the stock? not likely.