SWT - Ticket bought but left on train - Notice of home visit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in July I bought a ticket at Richmond station (Zone 1-4 travelcard) and travelled into Waterloo

I used the ticket to enter the platform (The barriers are 99% in use at the station and always at the time travelled i.e. 17.30). Once I arrived at Waterloo and upon getting to the barriers I realised I no longer had the ticket. I approached the attendant and explained the situation he then instructed me to see the Enforcement officer.

Having been once bitten (not enough balance on my oyster on one occasion four years ago) I considered just using my oyster to go through but stupidly thought I would be able to put my point across.

Once getting there I was told a) I was liable for a £20 fine b) i had to buy another ticket. I explained that i'd bought the travel card using a credit card and could provide the statement as proof.

Since then i have sent an appeal letter into Iracs, accompanied by proof of transaction and the appeal was rejected on the basis it arrived at the office after their deadline (the fact they backdate all of their correspondence a minimum of 7 days makes this a touch ironic).

To summerise I replied that I will wait for them to refer it back to SWT and deal with them - I have now received an letter from Capital Resolve threatening a home visit and am debating whether to just pay the £90 fine. At the same time I would hate to give a penny to a bullying debt recovery agency without it absolutely being the best option.

Having read a few of the other threads on this site and it would appear much of the advise is to pay the fine that said I have not found a case where a ticket was bought and lost on route.

I have approached SWT separately but as expected they have said they cannot discuss any matters of a penalty fare (very quick response time) and I then asked separate to this specific fine - do they have access to a time stamped transaction history at the station? (asked twice - with no response at all)

My personal view is that I am not in the wrong at all and would hope once this is referred I can actually put forward my case - equally i don't want to risk a mark on my record if the odds are against me.

Any advise or experiences anyone might be able to provide would be greatly received.

Ignore

Capital resolve are a dca

A dca are not baillifs

And have

No such legal powers

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks very much for the reply. Im not as worried about capital resolve as I am about whether I will be successful in putting my case to SWT.

I can provide them statement showing the £12 travel card was purchased. Are they still likely to pursue the case in court? Does the fact my appeal was deemed to have arrived late waiver any of my rights?

you can do nothing more than wait.

certainly only deal with SWT

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh and if any silly bod turns up, which they wont, but if they do

just tell them as with any DCA doorstepper

they have no legal powers

give them 2 minds to leave

or the police will be called

never discuss anything about debts on your door or on the phone.to a dca

and they