Ebay seller gets it right.

silverfox1961
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know. The title says an EBay seller gets it right which in some cases can be a rarity however, a recent experience has left me extremely impressed.

Now, I am no fashion victim so I don't care what I buy so long as it works. In this case, a smart phone.

I bought a Chinese knock off called a Timmy M7 but after a month the internal speaker went wrong(I couldn't here callers although they could hear me)

I started the returns process through Ebay and the next day got a message offering me a refund of £15 to get the phone repaired. They also asked me to close the returns process as it 'affected their standing with Ebay'?

I replied stating that I wouldn't close the process whilst the case was ongoing and to supply me with a returns label or an agreement to repay me my postage costs.

The next message I got left me gobsmacked. They said they would send me out a new phone and I didn't need to return the old one so long as I closed the returns process which I agreed to on condition that they fulfil their promise.

Yesterday, a brand new phone turned up.

I couldn't be more happy with this seller. Sometimes things do go right.

The only thing I would say to Ebay sellers from China. Stop pretending you are English. You may have a warehouse in England but the format of the letters and the time difference between replies suggests posts are sent to China and I haven't yet heard of a Chines person with the name Malcolm :razz:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Far more buyers are sċammers than sellers. Sellers only have to mess up a couple of times before the account is closed in many cases.

I sell items where postage has to be standard 1st / 2nd class to keep costs down. I get so many people sending me a message demanding a refund saying their item hasn't turned up. They don't wait a week later, they do it around the same day or the day after that it should have arrived. They always demand a refund saying that they went and bought the item from the shop instead. They will often avoid opening a case as they will be locked after opening too many, but they threaten to.

I can't prove it, so I have to refund. Buyers get away with this so much.

That said, I did once buy a 2.4ghz TV sender to watch sky in another room, the quality was crap, I complained and they sent me another 5.4Ghz version worth £50 for free.

I've had this - the chinese seller just sending a replacement.

It's probably because it costs more to ship and than does to make (believe it or not). They can send a new replacement and still make a profit, for less than it costs to ship the faulty one back to China.

The wholesale cost for a generic android phone in China is probably less than a fiver.