Parking Control Management (UK) Limited PCN.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning.

Unfortunately, on 03/10/2015 i was issued a Parking Charge Notice by Parking Control Management (UK) Limited for the sum of £60.00 whilst I was parked on a private car park.

I had appealed on the grounds that the signs had been vandalised which of course was rejected by PCM and decided to follow it through with another appeal to The Independent Appeals Service and also this was dismissed.

I have left it whilst seeking advice but PCM have now referred it over to Debt Recovery Plus Limited who are chasing me for the amount of £160.00

I'm not the best when it comes to this sort of stuff, and hope someone would be able to advise me further about the whole situation and where I stand.

I have linked in an album as there are too many images to display on here of my PCN, Evidence and also the appeal that i submitted to TheIAS which can be viewed here: http://imgur.com/a/Eld1V

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to pay these people a penny as they do not deserve it.

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative term removed.

Just ignore them, they won't do anything apart from send nasty letters.

Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd are the phoenix company of Parking Control Management Ltd, the bullying clamping company, when clamping wasn't illegal.

It would cost them more to take you to court than they would win from you, and you can't claim legal expenses in a small claims court.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Others who know more than me will be along to comment later, I expect. But if you've got to the DR+ stage, from our experience you're approaching the end of the road with this. Have a read around the forum for threads about DR+, I don't think anyone has ended up paying them.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It doesnt really matter what you say to the IAS or in what capacity, they think the law doesnt apply to them or their clients (they dont act independently as they are Gladstones solicitors, who are registered as the owners of the IPC- see parking prankster's in depth insight). In short, if the signage is defaced then how are you supposed to make an informed decision whetehr to accept the terms offered by the signs when you cant read it. If illegible you can say that there were no restriction imposed by the signs and that is that.

There are many reasons that make the supposed breach of conditions a nonsense so if you get a letter from eeither a solicitors or the parking co marked " letter before action" or letter before claim then come back here. Begging letters from debt collecting agencies or any other letter from a solicitors such as Miah's, Gladstones or the like are just scrap paper. keep them safe but dont panic, they hope to frighten you into paying up.

OK that's fine, I will continue to ignore them until they send court papers or letters before action. Hopefully it doesn't come to that but we'll see what happens and i'll update this thread accordingly. Thanks so much for the information provided!

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning.

I have received a letter this morning from Debt Recovery Plus Limited with the heading "Letter before referral for legal action"

The letter states the following:

Dear Mr Client

I am writing to you personally because I have been instructed by Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd to obtain immediate settlement of the outstanding balance of £160.00

Despite previous requests for payment you have either failed to respond to our letters or settle the debt. I now advise you that unless fill payment is received within the next 14 days I am instructed to report back to Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd with a recommendation to refer your case to our clients solicitor, to consider commencing court proceedings against you.

Should Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd issue proceedings against you and a judgement is awarded in the favour, it may affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

Would anyone mind advising me in what steps I should take now to deal with this issue?

Hello there.

I suspect the guys will tell you to ignore the letter. Looking at it, they don't say they will issue court proceedings, they are going to consider that, and it may affect your credit rating.

If you read around the forum, plenty of people have had letters from DR+ and it's been the end of the trail. The forum guys should be along later.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Ignore it Garreh, they are still fishing.

Full of ifs, maybe's, might's and could's.

if you receive a claim form, thats different but for now, enjoy your xmas!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

The last letter I had from them said that months ago. I'd say you've probably heard the last of them.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

dont forget DR+ CANT do anything as they dont own the debt so they have no legal standing. that is why the letter says things like "recommend" or "advise our clients to". My granny would recommend they wash their mouths out with soap for saying some of the things they spout forth.