London Parking Solutions IAS Appeal Dismissed - What do I do now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everyone,

I need your help,

today I received an email from IAS (Known as Independence Appeal Service) that my appeal for unfair car park charge have been dismissed

after I was told that the appeal would take a week but it take them two days for them to dismissed my appeal.

Here is what it said:

Dear Chris,

The Independent Appeals Service (IAS) has received a decision from the Independent Adjudicator regarding your recent appeal for the below PCN.

Parking Charge Number (PCN): XXXXXXXXX

Vehicle Registration: XXXXXXX

Date Issued: 2015-11-10

Appeal Outcome: Dismissed

The Adjudicators comments are as follows:

"I cannot allow the appeal on the basis put forward. It is difficult to follow the Appellant’s submissions

but I believe they are arguing that they have been given an incorrect permit,

although it is not clear from whom they received this permit.

In any event the contractual terms advertised on the signs make it clear

that any driver parking without displaying a valid permit agrees to pay the charge.

The Appellant claims to have a visitor permit, but they were not displaying this,

nor have they provided any evidence that they are entitled to a permit.

Even if I accept the Appellant’s submissions, it would not change the contractual terms.

If the Appellant does not have a valid permit they may park as they did and pay the charge or park elsewhere.

They chose the former, and the appeal is dismissed.

"As your appeal has been dismissed, the Independent Adjudicator has found,

upon the evidence provided, that the parking charge was lawfully incurred.

As this appeal has not been resolved in your favour, the IAS is unable to intervene further in this matter.

The Operator must now allow you 14 days to make payment before they commence any action to enforce the charge.

Should you continue to contest the charge then you should consider obtaining independent legal advice.

Yours Sincerely

The Independent Appeals Service

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My appeal have been dismissed, so it would mean I would have to pay the charge or they could take me to court to try to get the small claim.

Can they take me to court or they can't take me to court because it will cost them money?

What about the debt collector? they can't take me to court when I refuse to pay?

What I can do if they cause me an harassment for 6 years? can I sue them?

I'd find it they are wrong to charge me, because I have lived here for 30 years as it never used like that before and I was given the wrong permit which is for visitor and I am a resident.

I was scary to get the charge if I have left the visitor permit on my windscreen which I would still get the charge due to time limit of how long I would allow to park.

However, I have been told that private parking firm called London Parking Solutions, they have to be a member of British Parking Association (BPA) to lawfully to charge me, but they are not a member of BPA. I found out they are not a member of BPA, they did not give me the POPLA number to make an appeal so are they are breaking the rules/law?

What I find it strange is that they suggested me to make an appeal to IAS which it is the same company as IPC and Gladstone Solicitors.

Should I make an complaint to Trading Of Standards, Office Of Fair Trading and complaint about unfair trading?

Do you think if it is a good idea if I can park my car in a private car park as I lived here and I am concerned that if I park my car in a private car park, they would charge me and the charge would go up then they could take me to court to owe them thousands of pounds??

Can I break the notice board down at night time when no one is around if it wont give me a criminal damage or if the estate would not kick me out if I take the notice board down?

My first and last post on this thread.

You have had some good advice on another forum that you seem to be hell bent on ignoring/mis understanding/accusing members of abuse.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5366043#topofpage

This thread will be another that rumbles on without going anywhere I feel

Therefore I'm out.

• Haha 1

You know very well that the IAS is the "independent" adjudicator for the IPC, which these bandits are members of.

You have lived there for 30 years so you should know whether the parking co

were invited on to "manage" the parking by the landowner or the managing agents.

It is almost always the latter and if this is the case then there is no contract that allows them to tell you what to do.

The issuing of permits is an administrative convenience for THEM and doesnt change your rights

as that would require a change to your lease and no landowner is ever going to let someone else make money at their expense so it hasnt happened.

If they write to you again just say you have supremacy of contract and they are misrepresenting their position,

which is a criminal offence so they shopuld desist or suffer the consequences.

Yeah, they're a member of IPC which is the same firm as Gladstones Solicitors.

How I can find out whether the parking co were invited on to manage the parking by the landowner or the managing agents??

As I have received an call from the IPC, they said they're not taking me to court but they said I am going to get a letter from debt collector, so should I ignore it and not to pay?

Cant they take me to court when i refuse to pay??

If they keep harass me for 6 years, can I sue them??

As for parking, do you think if it is a good idea if I should ignore the notice board and park my car in a private car park to display as the visitor permit where the notice board are on it with time limit of what time I am allow to park as I lived here?

Here is the notice board:

I am concerned that if I ignore it and park my car in a private car park for 24 hours 7 days a week, they would fine me again and again and the fine would go up which it would cost me alot of money so they could take me to court to owe them thousands of pounds??

I have to be careful of what I am doing as I dont want to end up in alot of trouble that is coming from them.

Edited by chris0147

have you not read a word that has been posted, either inyour posting or elsewhere?

As there are managing agents at the development it will be them who invited the bandits to tea as they get a backhander for doing so. Anyway, that is of little consquence as you ahve superiotity of contract and that is that.

As you have already been to the IAS it is not worth doing anything until you geta lba and then tell them of this rather obvious fact and that they should F*8! off and stop bothering you or risk legal action for harassment

and stop contacting anyone, they will think you are amug who is going to pay up.

Ok I am going to ignore them whatever they send me letters in the post and if they carry on cause me an harassment I will get a legal action. How long it would allow me to consider a legal action if they cause an harassment on me?

Did you see the picture of the board notice when it say that I am allow to park my car between 9:00am to 5:30pm then move it?

Do you think if I should ignore the notice board and park my car in a private car park to display with a visitor permit and leave it there for 24 hours 7 days a week?

What happens is if I park my car in a private car park and leave it there for 24 hours without keep move it, if they charge me again and again to keep the charge up as I choose to ignore it, I am concerned that if they take me to court to owe them thousands of pounds when I don't owe them anything??

If they take me to court, can I win my court case because there is no contract whatever they can't charge me as I lived here and if they're breaking the law to break my human rights, threaten, discrimination me and harass me to make me to keep move my car?

I feel it is harassment me because I don't want to keep moving my car in every morning and in every evening because it is stupid to keep moving and it would not cause any harm. There are four private car parks where I live, three of them have the time limit which it allow me to park from 9:00am to 5:30pm and one car park in the hall allow me to park my car from 5:30pm to 9:00am then they make me to move it. It looks stupid to me as I can't keep move it in everyday as it is too hard work and it make get too tired to keep move it.

Edited by chris0147

why do you keep using the word fine?

where on any of their paperwork or comms with you are they using that word...............

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Today I got a letter from UCS

- ultimate customer solutions that saying that the matter has been referred to them

and a £60 charge has been added for administration fee.

They wrote to me requesting £160 on 11th December as apparently I ignored the original £60 charge.

They said in the letter that I have made an appeal to London Parking Solutions which it has been rejected

and I must pay within 7 days or they would pass it on to a solicitor to make threat to take me to county court and make me to pay the charge.

I have never make an appeal to LPS after I got the first PCN so they have lied in the letter to make it up with an excuse.

What it make me laugh is I can see a dodgy printing on the end of the page where you can see it.

1zo9ld1.jpg

Do you know what I would need to do?

Do I need to ignore it?

hello chris

I've merged your existing thread

with this new thread you've started on CAG...

I cant quite see anywhere on these letters where they are using the word fine?

can you point it out please......

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

think about the legality of bumping the amount up to £160 from £60 for the moment.

Remember signing a credit agreement with UCS? No?

well, they cant ask for a penny more than the original contractual amount so why do they do it.

Simple- they think you will be frightened by their company header and pay up.

It works a lot of the time so they keep using the same trick.

dca's have no rights or powers whatsoever so ignore them completely,

they have been paid a small amount to send out a scary letter and hope to earn a few quid off the back of it.

as for the validity of the PCN,

wel as it wasnt the same car park then it doesnt follow that the claim is automatically valid

just that the amount is excusable when no loss has been made.

The parking co doesnt have a valid contract and they know it so you wont get sued anytime soon.

Thank you for your advice ericsbrother, I will ignore any letter that I get from debt collector.

There is no signing a credit agreement with UCS as far I'm aware.

However, I saw the bloke who issued me another PCN which this is the 5th times I have for 2 months.

I went mad toward him as I was shouted and I gave him verbal abuse. I have told him to leave me alone and stop harass me as I ain't going to pay for it. He told me to calm down when I was angry toward him.

He said that he issued me a PCN because I am not on the tenant as I got a visitor one, he suggested me to move my car or he would tow my car away.

He was laughing when I called him the names and I told him that I am going to call the police. What a knobhead he is.

Do he have the power to tow my car away from a private car park or he don't have the power to do that?

I have told him that he is not on the contract and he said that he is on the contract, so I guess he is lying and trying to scary me off.

^^^^^ way to go ...........NOT!!

dx

and they

However, I saw the bloke who issued me another pcnlink3.gif which this is the 5th times I have for 2 months.

I went mad toward him as I was shouted and I gave him verbal abuse. I have told him to leave me alone and stop harass me as I ain't going to pay for it. He told me to calm down when I was angry toward him.

and they

Interacting with LPS now in any way, shape or form will get you nowhere. If it ever did proceed to court you can bet they'd bring it up to try to discredit you in front of a judge. It'd probably work too, as that kind of behaviour is never excusable. They may even report you to the police just to cause you more hassle.

Do not speak to them in any way, either in person or by telephone. Keep all communications to writing.

He haven't reported me to the police as far as I have been told so I am not worry. I won't speak to him if I see him next time.

The funny things is someone called him a knobhead and he said he would get the police on her, but he was threaten on me tow my car away and he had put the fake PCN on my windscreen 5 times now. I have been told it have cost me £800 now lol.

Can I still park my car in a private car park as I got a visitor permit without the resident permit?

Do the LPS have the power to tow my car away or they don't have the power if I can still park my car in a private car park with a visitors or resident permit?

I wonder why the man suggested me to move my car to the council road when I have the rights to park my car in a private car park without the contract?

I have spoken to the police on the phone and he said that they advised me to park my car in a council road so the LPS can't do anything or touch it. They said if I park my car in a private car park LPS can tow my car away and they could sell my car for the value to cover the cost of the money that I don't owed them, so I have to be careful.

utter cods-wallop.

private car park towing was outlawed years ago.

dx

and they

you did not speak to the police on the phone,

you spoke to a civilain call taker and adviser and the advice you got was rubbish.

LPS have no right to even look at yiour car and they know it.

If they had any powers to tow a vehicle they would as that would earn them a lot of money selling all those secondhand cars, wouldnt it.

Or do you think that might be called theft?

You have been given plety of correct advice here and elsewhere but you continue to shop around looking for an opinion

that matches your own preconceptions and have now found them.

OK, park your car on the moon where no-one will clamp it.

Is that helpful advice?

Yeah you was right, I was spoken to a civilain and their advice was rubbish.

They have never say anything about the PPC who don't have the power to tow a car. They said if I park my car in a private car park, the PPC can tow my car away so they advised me to park my car in a council road. Do you agree with them?

However, I have spoken to a police officer on an email after I spoken to him on youtube, he said it is a criminal offence to tow away a car without lawful authority...

He said it is not a good idea to park my car in a private car park until I get the resident permit to sort it out. He also said that if I don't pay the tickets, it is possible the PPC take me to court. He said it is not a good idea to ignore the penalty charge notice. He said that his son had the same penalty charge notice as I have and he paid the tickets which he was silly really...

Yes it is helpful, so I wonder that if I am in the safe hand to park my car in a private car park without the resident permit as long the PPC don't have the power to take me to court, clamp or tow my car?

I have got 5 PCN right now, so can they take me to court if I ignore to pay the PCN and if I get too many PCN that I choose to ignore and not to pay?

Edited by chris0147

penalty charge notice..............

private parking tickets are not penalty charge notices

neither are they fines.

they are speculative invoices

and they