• Tweets

• Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
    • In the SAR, I received the original application, lots of computer print outs, yearly statements from 2013 and the new emails regarding my complaint. They sent me a £50 cheque after I chased them for the SAR after the 30 days. They said they was waiting for me to respond to an email (which I never received) before sending the SAR
    • classic P2G. I'm sure dianne and Lesley will pop an email to you at some point.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Money Claim online against The Coffee Shop for coffee machine

Cypriotxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

we have bought a coffee machine for £559.82 inc delivery&vat and it is not what we want for our particular purpose , and we called back as soon as it arrived to for return arrangements but just been ignored.. you can see the invoice attached .

so what i did started the money claim online process,

i have attached screen shot of the claim page and the mail they sent me after receiving the court order..

we have sent the machine back and still not giving our money back.

any advice , what should i say next or do please ?

Thank you so much to all of you for having such a place and the time to help us who in need help .

Regards

Bill

Hi Cypriotxx and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I have unapproved your uploads as they contain far too much identifiable data...please redact and re post.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

There are still some personal details in the "mail response" doc

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I would just remove the email trail for now...it may involve too much editing.

Andy

the "mail response" pdf in #6, its showing personal info and acc no

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

You might be advised to remove your bank details from the email trail!

In England advise is a verb (a doing word) advise/advising/advised, advice is a noun. I might ask for advice or give advice.

The same with license (verb) license/licensing/licensed, but one would have a driving licence (noun).

i have now deleted the bank acc details ,

if you look at the last three mails which happened today , he is telling me to mark as settled , but if i do that and if he dont pay then it says in options i cannot start the process again and to be honest after going through all this i dont trust that he would pay back...

and also , wouldnt i be allowed to ask for full refund back since he caused me to start court case and now he is offering to pay only the machine cost not return postage and the court fee..

Thank you so much for taking time to look at it.

You should tell him the full amount you want included in the refund in your hand or you will let the case go ahead which will include all the costs and he will have a CCJ which won't go down well should he need the help of the bank etc in the next six years.

Thank you so much ,

i am thinking of sending this

as it is seems there is no proper solution offered from your end ,we are now decided we are going ahead with this case as we would want to full amount included in the refund and the charges made by the court , why should we be out of pocket after all it is your companies fault ignored us constantly till to the point when we started the court action.,.

• 3 weeks later...

Since i havent heard anything from them , i have logged into the MCOL - money claim online site and says

defendant filed an acknowledgment of service on 16/11/2015

says:

Intention : I intend to defend part of this claim

not sure what to do next , we have send the coffee machine back and they received it and now they not sending our money back...

I would assume they should have filled a defence by now...if not request judgment.

Regards

Andy

Thank you so much for your reply ,

i have check the site for that to send Judgement but not sure which to pick , if i pick the second one how will i prove he admits he owe the money ?

see the options in the picture if helps

No.1...not filed a defence...but check with Northampton before you submit.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning friends and hope you are going to have a lovely xmas and a new year soon.

just received a post today with a defence letter as well as some forms , attaching them now , any help will be grateful what to reply . thank you so much

-----

from me

Hi There,

We are now going ahead with taking your company to court because we have been ignored constantly emails and sms messages and calls and there is no attention of helping solving this,.

---------------

from them same day

Your email has been noted and thank you for the email attachment letter.

Please return the item to our warehouse address that can be found on the footer of this email.

We are unable to adhere to your request of any form of refund while you have the machine remains in your possession.

Kind regards,

The Catering Shop

-----------------

from me

Thank you for your prompt reply , we will get this posted asap and once we received our money back , we will withdraw our application on moneyclaim.gov.uk

as you advised we've put the machine back on a palette and dispatched it back to your warehouse.

The delivery is due to be with you on the 13th November which is Friday this week. You have received our Solicitors letter. We paid £500 directly into your bank account for this item.

we have now paid carriage both ways. £50 x 2 £100. We are offering to leave the one £50 carriage, but would ask you to pay the return. We believe this is a fair arrangement. Therefore once the machine is back in your keeping this Friday please pay back £550 into our account.

--------------

from them

Thank you for your email, we are now in receipt of the returned item.

We are now in receipt of your court action as of today, so are now unsure as how you wish to proceed with the matter?

With regard to payment of postage i am afraid we will have to decline on this occasion and request that this cost be incurred by yourselves.

From our perspective, The item was advertised correctly with the appropriate and representative detail including dimensions, photographs and product capabilities. With all due respect, the error was not on our behalf and we delivered the machine as instructed. I am sure that you agree the error was unfortunately at your end on this occasion.

We also, subject to our terms and conditions of sale; normally apply a 25% re-stocking fee on returned items due to buyer error, on this occasion, the director has chosen not to pursue this course as a good will gesture and understands that mistakes can be made but we will not be held liable for transport cost.

We look forward to hearing from you and reaching an amicable resolution swiftly,

Kind regards,

------------------------

from me

i would suggest you respond and say it is all solved now so i can accept the outcome or they may take it further as it is done online there is no button to cancel it .

-------------------

Good morning

please accept my apologies for the delay in response as i have unfortunately been ill,

I had spoken with Mario who gave me authority to transfer funds subject to closure of the court case.

I have checked again this morning and this is still the case. on the website there is an option

I.E, if court case is marked as either settled or discontinued today then funds will be transferred to your chosen account immediately.

I am here for the duration of the day but after this i will no be returning to the office until next Wednesday,

if you can, could you please respond as quickly as possible so that we are able to remedy the situation,

Kind regards,

------------------------

and i replied

Thank you for your response , as you already received the item , the only option is for me to pick is the first one which says "If you advise that the case has been paid, but later find this to be incorrect, you will need to re-instate the claim." or i can just wait and ask for full refund and that would be included the court fee too because of all this trouble and stress been caused to us . i will leave this with you and if we dont receive our money back i will pursue this further ..

------------------------

his reply

Thank you for your prompt response. Unfortunately, if you would not like to proceed how we have suggested, the situation will more than likely go to court.

By selecting any other option other than those suggested a judgement would be entered against the company,and this is something we are not willing to accept as the error in initial purchase lays on your side.

The item was not returned as soon as you found that you had made this error and instead requested a refund and asked to keep the machine until will sold it again. The Machine was not returned to us until after the court case was initiated. Please bear in mind that if the case is to go to court, our offer of full reimbursement less transport costs will be null and void and therefore our usual terms and conditions of sale will apply, thus implementing that a 25% re-stocking fee will apply as well as the transport cost which we would be legally entitled to claim and will succeed. Our terms of the settlement that we offered will also be noted to the court. We would much rather solve this amicably today and transfer funds but it lays entirely in your hands,

------------------------

i replied

i cannot mark the case as paid if i am not paid and you suggesting for me to lie and mark as paid or settled, all our conversations and text messages are recorded and it is clear why we was late sending the item back and why all this happened .. i will not lie and mark as paid here because we are not received the money . and i will take my chances with the court if thats your wish . being unreasonable and asking me to lie and make a false statement..

as it is seems there is no proper solution offered from your end ,we are decided we are going ahead with this case as we would want to full amount included in the refund and the charges made by the court , why should we be out of pocket after all it is your companies fault ignored us constantly ,.

---- and today i received the defence letter in court from them says...

Once the machine had been delivered. approximately a few days later, the machine was described by claimant to be of no use as they did not have 3 phase (415v) supply as they thought and would therefore not be able to use the item purchased.

The response to this was that The Catering Shop offered to exchange the machine as a gesture of good will for a different model. Images and specification were exchanged and a number of options provided.

The claimant declined the offer of an exchange machine and requested they remain in possession of both the machine and full refund , and they would keep the machine until the Catering Shop found another Buyer for it and they would then post it from their location . This offfer was not accepted by the Catering Shop and the machine remained in the possesion of the claimant.

Following this scenario. a duration of time passed, and yes it is agreed that there was a lack of communication on behalf of the Catering Shop as the situation become very frustrating by means of a "stale-mate" as felt that a resolution was not possible until the machine was returned at the cost of the claimant.

Since the court documents have been issued, no more than a few days after , the machine has since been returned to the Catering Shop.

There have now been numerous attempts to resolve the matter prior to proceeding to court but have been to no avail.

The Catering Shop now reserves the right of its terms and conditions of sale and offers a refund less the transport cost to claimant and a %25 re-stocking fee complaint with sales of goods act.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am stuck now dont know how to word a defence for this ,.. any help pls .. how do i feel this form or reply to this ?

I will try and find someone who can help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

-----

from me

Hi There,

We are now going ahead with taking your company to court because we have been ignored constantly emails and sms messages and calls and there is no attention of helping solving this,.

---------------

from them same day

Your email has been noted and thank you for the email attachment letter.

Please return the item to our warehouse address that can be found on the footer of this email.

We are unable to adhere to your request of any form of refund while you have the machine remains in your possession.

Kind regards,

The Catering Shop

-----------------

from me

Thank you for your prompt reply , we will get this posted asap and once we received our money back , we will withdraw our application on moneyclaim.gov.uk

as you advised we've put the machine back on a palette and dispatched it back to your warehouse.

The delivery is due to be with you on the 13th November which is Friday this week. You have received our Solicitors letter. We paid £500 directly into your bank account for this item.

we have now paid carriage both ways. £50 x 2 £100. We are offering to leave the one £50 carriage, but would ask you to pay the return. We believe this is a fair arrangement. Therefore once the machine is back in your keeping this Friday please pay back £550 into our account.

--------------

from them

Thank you for your email, we are now in receipt of the returned item.

We are now in receipt of your court action as of today, so are now unsure as how you wish to proceed with the matter?

With regard to payment of postage i am afraid we will have to decline on this occasion and request that this cost be incurred by yourselves.

From our perspective, The item was advertised correctly with the appropriate and representative detail including dimensions, photographs and product capabilities. With all due respect, the error was not on our behalf and we delivered the machine as instructed. I am sure that you agree the error was unfortunately at your end on this occasion.

We also, subject to our terms and conditions of sale; normally apply a 25% re-stocking fee on returned items due to buyer error, on this occasion, the director has chosen not to pursue this course as a good will gesture and understands that mistakes can be made but we will not be held liable for transport cost.

We look forward to hearing from you and reaching an amicable resolution swiftly,

Kind regards,

------------------------

from me

i would suggest you respond and say it is all solved now so i can accept the outcome or they may take it further as it is done online there is no button to cancel it .

-------------------

Good morning

please accept my apologies for the delay in response as i have unfortunately been ill,

I had spoken with Mario who gave me authority to transfer funds subject to closure of the court case.

I have checked again this morning and this is still the case. on the website there is an option

I.E, if court case is marked as either settled or discontinued today then funds will be transferred to your chosen account immediately.

I am here for the duration of the day but after this i will no be returning to the office until next Wednesday,

if you can, could you please respond as quickly as possible so that we are able to remedy the situation,

Kind regards,

------------------------

and i replied

Thank you for your response , as you already received the item , the only option is for me to pick is the first one which says "If you advise that the case has been paid, but later find this to be incorrect, you will need to re-instate the claim." or i can just wait and ask for full refund and that would be included the court fee too because of all this trouble and stress been caused to us . i will leave this with you and if we dont receive our money back i will pursue this further ..

------------------------

his reply

Thank you for your prompt response. Unfortunately, if you would not like to proceed how we have suggested, the situation will more than likely go to court.

By selecting any other option other than those suggested a judgement would be entered against the company,and this is something we are not willing to accept as the error in initial purchase lays on your side.

The item was not returned as soon as you found that you had made this error and instead requested a refund and asked to keep the machine until will sold it again. The Machine was not returned to us until after the court case was initiated. Please bear in mind that if the case is to go to court, our offer of full reimbursement less transport costs will be null and void and therefore our usual terms and conditions of sale will apply, thus implementing that a 25% re-stocking fee will apply as well as the transport cost which we would be legally entitled to claim and will succeed. Our terms of the settlement that we offered will also be noted to the court. We would much rather solve this amicably today and transfer funds but it lays entirely in your hands,

------------------------

i replied

i cannot mark the case as paid if i am not paid and you suggesting for me to lie and mark as paid or settled, all our conversations and text messages are recorded and it is clear why we was late sending the item back and why all this happened .. i will not lie and mark as paid here because we are not received the money . and i will take my chances with the court if thats your wish . being unreasonable and asking me to lie and make a false statement..

as it is seems there is no proper solution offered from your end ,we are decided we are going ahead with this case as we would want to full amount included in the refund and the charges made by the court , why should we be out of pocket after all it is your companies fault ignored us constantly ,.

---- and today i received the defence letter in court from them says...

Once the machine had been delivered. approximately a few days later, the machine was described by claimant to be of no use as they did not have 3 phase (415v) supply as they thought and would therefore not be able to use the item purchased.

The response to this was that The Catering Shop offered to exchange the machine as a gesture of good will for a different model. Images and specification were exchanged and a number of options provided.

The claimant declined the offer of an exchange machine and requested they remain in possession of both the machine and full refund , and they would keep the machine until the Catering Shop found another Buyer for it and they would then post it from their location . This offfer was not accepted by the Catering Shop and the machine remained in the possesion of the claimant.

Following this scenario. a duration of time passed, and yes it is agreed that there was a lack of communication on behalf of the Catering Shop as the situation become very frustrating by means of a "stale-mate" as felt that a resolution was not possible until the machine was returned at the cost of the claimant.

Since the court documents have been issued, no more than a few days after , the machine has since been returned to the Catering Shop.

There have now been numerous attempts to resolve the matter prior to proceeding to court but have been to no avail.

The Catering Shop now reserves the right of its terms and conditions of sale and offers a refund less the transport cost to claimant and a %25 re-stocking fee complaint with sales of goods act.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am stuck now dont know how to word a defence for this ,.. any help pls .. how do i feel this form or reply to this ?

That is their Defence isn't it? You don't file a Defence exactly, you would usually wait for exchange of Witness Statements and flesh out your original Particulars of Claim.

You could file a Reply to Defence but you need to make sure it it done properly and only responds to their Defence point by point and doesn't include new allegations etc. You should read CPR 15 before doing anything as there are time limits etc.