Mackenzie Hall- some one help me!!!

rubynicola
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yup, sounds like Mac Hall.

You can get a notice of diassociation on your credit file for people who have bad credit ratings at your address but don't have anything to do with you if you feel it's messing up our credit.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

I keep recieving letters from this company and file them under r for recycling. They keep asking me to contact hem urgently as they have been trying to contact me for some time now on a 0870 cost a lot number. Dont know what about but certainly aint interested in contacting them and that was before i found this website by accident.

Is there anything i can do to stop them sending me letters as i do hate junk mail and it seems a waste that it just goes into the recycling bin.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

i wouldnt worry ,sounds like a backstreet firm out on a fishing trip,there are so many complaints on the various forums about these crooks i reckon it just a matter of time before the plug is pulled on these halfwits!.:-|

i have read on here that after stat barred (6 years) even if you make a payment (like the 9 quid you paid) can be seen as a 'gift' payment. they cannot legally take you to court.

cca them, if barclays have written off the debt, it will no doubt have got rid of a credit agreement too, so don't worry, cca, with 1 pound cheque/po(ask your other half to sign on your behalf), and on rear state ' for cca request payment only'.

if you keep looking on here, you will find loads on letter templates etc, i was/am dealing with these '****' cca'd now on the 2nd sept they cannot legally enforce payment or court proceedings. but underhandedly, i had a tel call from their 'sister' company (meritforce), i refused to answer any of their data protection questions,and said to contact me by letter only, that was monday, still waiting for a letter from them.lol

the best thing i found with this forum, is there is always someone to help/listen/advise you,and i personally feel i'm no longer 'scared' to answer the phone or open letters.i am actually sat here waiting for the postie man to arrive just to see if there is any 'nice letters from dcas'.lol

so, anyway jaboh........1 piece of advise from me......DON'T WORRY..:D

update........sent email to trading standards regarding mac hall..email back asking me to send all letters etc to oft as they are currently dealing with this company.......had to wait for bank to send me a copy of cheque (as rear it states for cca request payment only.....so, its off to oft...........ive asked them to to make mackenzie hall accountable for their criminal default, and whilst in criminal default of cca request,passing it to meritforce, and also making meritforce accountable for sending 'door collector and we want payment now' letters even after i wrote saying account in dispute and mac hall in criminal default.

AND for good measure, asked for proof of signed credit agreement, if none exists, i require it in writing and for any default on credit files to be removed within 14 days of confirmation that no agreement exists..........

Yer but how do you no the letters are from MH. I recieve the one that are like your pin nuber wer you have to tear along the strips to open it so until u open it u dont know who it is from.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

because ive been getting the letters from mackenzie hall and telphone calls and texts to my home phone since april , and they cashed the cheque under mackenzie hall..and on credit file the amount has gone down by 1 quid so it is them ...it was because of them that i found this site in june and started sending out cca's and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s.

yes but how do i know who they are from befpre i open them?

• 1 month later...
I recieved a letter yesterday from Mackenzie Hall. It had my name and address on the letter, it says that BT Cellnet V Me, for the sum of £12420.87.

It says it is a reduced settlement offer. And that despite repeated requests for payment the sum of £12420.87 remains outstanding.

I HAVE NEVER HAD A BT CELLENT ACCOUNT, THEY HAVE NEVER CONTACTED ME BEFORE.

As you read on they say as a gesture of goodwill, they are willing to accept a Reduced Settlement Paymeny of £9936.70. This is a once only offer!!!

I rang today three times, the first two times they are answer and put on hold. Then the third time I said unless you tell me what this is about I am passing this letter onto the Police, she said ' Do not speak to me like that, you need to get a F**king better attitude, im not telling you nothing'- then she puts the phone down!!!!!!

WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?? WHAT SHALL I DO??

IT MUST BE [problem]???

(edit) if you have not made any a payment, or had any contact with bt cellnet in the last 6 years then it is void under the laibility for debts & the liimitation act section 5. DO NOT PAY A PENNY DO NOT PAY DO NOT PAY. IF YOU DO THEN THE 6 YEAR LAW STARTS ON THE FIRST DAY OF PAYMENT THAY DO NOT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON. FLIM FLAM

As tiglet has correctly stated, once a debt is statute barred it forever remains so. No action can un-statute bar a debt.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Shovels.

You have said that you never held a BT cellnet account. Have you tired contacting Bt cellnet/O2 about this as if there has been a miss understanding then they should be able to clear this up for you.

I would Write to MH and state that you know nothing about this account and they must give you all details they hold on the account. Failing that i would speak to the police and a solicitor as they may start to harasse you.

Good luck.

Chrissi

• 3 weeks later...

:o :oMY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MC HALL. THEY ARE KEEPING LEAVING VOICE TEXTS ON THE HOUSE FONE - SOMETIMES 8 A DAY- EXPECTING HIM TO PHONE BACK. HES ALREADY ASKED FOR PROOF HE OWED MONEY AND THEY SENT 1 BANK STATEMENT. THEY ARE DODGY. HAVE HAD TO SEND THEM A LETTER ASKING THE NOT TO PHONE OR WE`D SEEK LEGAL ADVISE FOR HARRASEMENT. THEY SEND OUT A DIRECT DEBIT FORM, WE SENT BACK SAME DAY THEN 4 DAYS LATER THEY PHONED AGAIN TO SAY THEY HADNT RECEIVED IT AND THE OFFER WAS NOW NOT VALID???? THEN MY HUSBAND OFFERED TO SET UP A DD OVER THE PHONE AND THE MAN PUT THE PHONE DOWN.:!:

HES GOING TO THE BANK TODAY TO MAKE SURE THEY STILL HAVENT SET A DIRECT DEBIT UP AS NOW HES REFUSING TO PAY AT ALL. :-D WE`LL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH. LOL

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

hi all,

just for your interest, my daughter received a letter from them demanding £3000 owed to sky tv in 1992, not too much of a bad debt, condidering she was ONLY 8 at the time!! lol

i think i used the letter to pick up my dog's mess

best thing to do with it.

all my family have received a letter from them at one time or another. we just shread them without even opening them now

Owing £3000.00 at the age of 8 they will give anyone credit now it seems.

I did not mean to poke fun but it does seem kinda different when you think about it.

How would somebody owe sky that much any way?

Chrissi

• 1 month later...

thanks so much for the advice that was posted from others who have recieved letters from these bozo's - i (to my knowledge) have no debt anywhere - certainly not from the last 6 years - and theres no information on the letter i have stating who i owe money too just that its a "personal matter" - if it was that personal i would surely know about it in the first place! i am going to follow example and ignore it but will make sure i save any correspondence. is it possible that they are aware that i had financial problems a few years ago but have managed to come through them and thought i had paid off all my outstanding moneys? anyway, again thanks for the advice.

Hi indieboyphil

It's hard to tell without knowing more about your situation, but it is likely that what you have got is a "phishing" letter - where they just send out a letter to everybody with a similar name to you in the hope that somebody will respond and acknowledge the debt.

Yes, hold fast, do not EVER, EVER, phone them, keep all correspondence and post again if you get any more probs.

And, if so, feel free to start your own thread - it's easier to answer you and you'll find we are all here to help you.

:)

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

they mainly use business matter or personal matter.

Some one on a different muckhall thread had a letter recently saying business matter.

I just wish they would make up there mind about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have also been getting calls from this lot - i have no debt that i know of, certainly NOT in the last 6 years anyway, unless it is something i dont know about, eg an unpaid bill from a shared house etc. After reading your comments above i am not going to answer their messages, it seems like after all the trouble and threats they dish out over the phone they never actually do anything about it(i amybe wrong, the impression i got from other people on here). But as sombody rightly mentioned think of the amount of people that will pay at the first hurdle. These seem like a real bunch of rogues to me that make threats of bayliffs etc etc in the hop as they know most people will pay up before getting that far.

Hi there

This is my first post today! I received a blue envelope with a message to ring them urgently quoting a reference number M*******. I rang but no answer then googled the company and found all this information. Thing is I dont have any debt. I had a CCJ about 9 years ago everything was paid in full and I have all the documentation to prove it. I am a bit concerned as I am in process of moving house and my new mortgage is about to go through this week so I am panicking in case this causes any trouble. Should I just ignore it?

HELP??

Thanks

I recieved a letter yesterday from Mackenzie Hall. It had my name and address on the letter, it says that BT Cellnet V Me, for the sum of £12420.87.

It says it is a reduced settlement offer. And that despite repeated requests for payment the sum of £12420.87 remains outstanding.

I HAVE NEVER HAD A BT CELLENT ACCOUNT, THEY HAVE NEVER CONTACTED ME BEFORE.

As you read on they say as a gesture of goodwill, they are willing to accept a Reduced Settlement Paymeny of £9936.70. This is a once only offer!!!

I rang today three times, the first two times they are answer and put on hold. Then the third time I said unless you tell me what this is about I am passing this letter onto the Police, she said ' Do not speak to me like that, you need to get a F**king better attitude, im not telling you nothing'- then she puts the phone down!!!!!!

WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?? WHAT SHALL I DO??

IT MUST BE [problem]???

Aaaahh good old MacHalll....jeeeeessssss i love this company :D

Im still waiting for them to take me to court from 2006, hope u take comfort in me telling you that ;)

Aaaahh good old MacHalll....jeeeeessssss i love this company :D

Im still waiting for them to take me to court from 2006, hope u take comfort in me telling you that ;)

i certainly do - the worry this lot cause is amazing, and they have the check to talk about morals.

I have got a mortgage in the last 6 months, so i cannot imagine there is anything wrong with my credit file, they have been calling a relitive of mine asking for me, i told him just to say he will pass the message on and not to give any further details, i am an honest person and was going to call to see what it is all about, from what i have learnt on here i am certainly not going to do that. To be honest i am quite well paid these days, so they can take me to court as far as i am concerned, if it is something i ose fair enough, buyt they sound like chancer's to me and they can go F8ck themselves