Leter offering payment for bank charges

Aneles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was claiming just over £900 for bank charges, my bank gave me a cheque for £429.50 and i declined, and opened a case with my local court. I said in my letter that I would take this as part payment but still pursue for the remainder.The bank has now be in touch and offered me £430. Ok they havent paid me any interest etc but I am prepared to accept this so long as they realise that i will go ahead and bank the other cheque too. Not sure what to do as could bank the first cheque (was told if i did that then i was accepting that as final payment) and they could disregard the £430. I have forms to sign etc to say that I accept this but my intention was to put in an accompanying letter saying that I accept both cheques, worries me that bank might stop first one when i agree. Would they???!!!

presumably you raised a claim at court for the full £900 odd? In that case, you need to clarify with them, in writing, that you are accepting the offer of £430 in addition to the first payment of £429.50 already tendered but not yet banked.