6 year overclaim when not a single parent

stairs1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Concentrix are a company hired by hmrc to carry out tax credit checks. A check may be triggered by many things including council tax records, bank accounts, anything in fact where a joint or linked financial activity exists which may show a single person as having a partner living with them.

Basically they do the leg work that hmrc do not have the staff for, they will be concluding their investigations and presenting to hmrc their findings. Its difficult to say what might happen next until you receive the letter.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

If the worse comes to the worse and she is taken to court and sentenced to a prison turn if that happens I won't be able to work so will I be able to claim benefits for me and the kids !!

As stated before, prison is a very very rare outcome

However in the worst case scenario, you should be able to claim benefits as a single parent

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Just a update my partner has recieved a letter from Concentrix saying we have made changes to your tax credit claim from April since we have completed our check ! Then it goes on saying this isn't a decision notice you will recieved this in the post soon then on page 2 it saying in black bold writing following our checks we may impose a penaltie charge

Can anybody tell me what happens next

Sounds to me as if they may be about to deal with it as a civil matter.. The penalty is usually offered as an alternative to going to court. Also sounds as if they have only gone back to April 15

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

Keep everything crossed but on the surface of it, thats quite a good outcome if they only issue you with a penalty charge

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.