• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

6 year overclaim when not a single parent

stairs1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone give me some advice please my partner has been claiming single parent for over 6 years when she shouldn't off I found out the other week I was off on my day off and got back from the school run and there was mail from a company called Concentrix I didn't open it as it was addressed to my partner but when my partner opened the letter she broke down and confused to me everything.

She been claiming single parent for 6+ years and also been claiming housing benefit and Council Tax for 4 years.

We were in debt for years but thought we were getting through the bad years but know this has happened I feel very sick and stressed.

I had no idea as I work long hours I just gave her the money to sort the bills out. I am not leaving her to sort it out herself for the sake of our 3 kids but I've told her she needed to tell them everything The letter from Concentrix said they believed someone was living with her due to records from April until October this year so she rung them up straight away and told them my partner lives with me and they said could you still send the paperwork we require bank statement water bill Gas and electric bill which she sent and has already been returned that was 3 weeks ago with a note saying thank you for send the documents and we will be intouch soon

She has told the council I live with her and already had a bill for £1780 which family has paid for us so we aren't in any rent arrears

My partner has recieved a letter from HMRC saying she been paid overpayment of £6408 and will be intouch soon

My partner has spoken to CAB and said until she receives a letter from Concentrix there nothing that can be done.

I am not good at waiting specially if they take action eg court as i think she could go prison and if that happens I won't be able to work so won't know how to pay bills and look after 3 kids on my own can someone give me advice what to do !!

Will they only go back until April ?

How long does it noreally take Concentrix to reply ?

Will they inform the Council to investigate as well or do they work as one ?

Please don't judge me as I've never claimed tax credits before and don't understand how it all works

Hello and welcome to CAG. I've started a new thread for you so you can have advice that's specific to your own situation and not someone else's.

We're not here to judge, don't worry about that.

Others will be along later to comment and they may know more than I do. I think telling the whole truth is the best thing. Prison is a rare event, I don't think you should worry about that. It's more likely that you will have to repay the overpayment, possibly by a deduction from benefits,although there could be a penalty on top. Time will tell.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you she has told them I'm here and it was her who made them stop the claim straight away which they did.

I've taken over sorting the bills and we are on a budget now which is working great

The only thing on my mind is what's going to happen if I knew what was going to happen I could get things sorted

When I spoke to CAB they said they will help her deal with this I am in a union at work should I tell them or just wait until she gets the letter as I don't want the whole world to know what's happening at the moment !!

I've got my partner in to see the doctor next week as she is so stressed as she suffer from depression when I meet her.

has your partner told the council and HMRC the correct date now?

if she has told them the correct date, it would reduce risk of a heavier penalty

if she told them you moved in during this year and they later discover you have been there several years, it would increase the risk of prosecution

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

She has told them but they have said we only want information from April until October which she has sent and it was back within a week that was 3 weeks ago does anybody now how long this letter will take from Concentrix to arrive to say what's going on

I will have to check as its not me who needs the legal advice about the tax credits as I've not claimed it but will need to speak to someone if she taken to court and faces prison as I will not be able to work so will need to find out what il be able to claim for me and the kids if I can't work

She is highly unlikely to go to prison fir that amount of money- especially as you have kids. In saying that I'm assuming she has never been in court before & doesn't have a criminal record?

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

No she never been in trouble before she is willing to come clean on everything as long as she stays with the kids but she been reading newspaper reports of people doing the same thing by looking on google but they are tried lying

She has told the council I live with her and already had a bill for £1780 which family has paid for us so we aren't in any rent arrears

My partner has recieved a letter from HMRC saying she been paid overpayment of £6408 and will be intouch soon

Are these the full debts/overpayments for last 6 years?

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

it is difficult to compare your situation to others, as the cases where no further action is taken are not publicised - the only cases you are likely to find on google are the cases that have been prosecuted and made it into the papers

if you are talking about £8k over 6 months, it does sound like it could be quite substantial total, however prison sentences are actually very rare, as it is rarely in anybody's interest

i would definitely see if you can get legal advice/assistance through your TU - mine offers it to partners/family members to a degree - go through region if you do not want local reps to know

I doubt very much she will go to prison. I have worked in fraud for over 20 years & have seen very few people go to prison.

How long can a investigation last but I'm not sure if it's under investigation yet as it just saying we have information that there someone else living at your address the only thing I can think of is my bank account car insurance and driving licence

Do u know what happens in a investigation for tax credits will she be asked to attend a interview ?

Edited by stairs1234

if you are talking about £8k over 6 months, it does sound like it could be quite substantial total, however prison sentences are actually very rare, as it is rarely in anybody's interest

i would definitely see if you can get legal advice/assistance through your TU - mine offers it to partners/family members to a degree - go through region if you do not want local reps to know[/quote

We have paid back council money up to April so at the moment it's the tax credit money which they have replied to us saying there a overpayment which they will reply to us in due course she has said to them she will answer any questions they ask her but I've told her she will have to speak to legal people before she talks to them and CAB have also said you don't speak to them on your own

How long can a investigation last but I'm not sure if it's under investigation yet as it just saying we have information that there someone else living at your address the only thing I can think of is my bank account car insurance and driving licence

Do u know what happens in a investigation for tax credits will she be asked to attend a interview ?

Every investigation differs - depends how complicated it is.

As for an interview, only if it is being dealt with as a criminal case. It sounds as if it's just civil at the moment but they could refer it to a criminal investigator.

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

Every investigation differs - depends how complicated it is.

As for an interview, only if it is being dealt with as a criminal case. It sounds as if it's just civil at the moment but they could refer it to a criminal investigator.

Will they inform her that or just send a letter asking her to attend a interview and will they also ask me to attend a interview

once they have concluded their part of the investigation, you will probably be asked to attend an IUC (Interview Under caution), if you are, just be honest with them, it will probably end with you paying back the overpayment through future tax credits.

unless we were talking serious fraud in 10's of thousands of pounds theres no chance they will be looking for imprisonment, it will be dealt with internally and doubt it will go to court

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

oh and one more thing, if she is asked to attend an IUC she can have representation so get onto your union rep to see if they would be able to attend with her

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

once they have concluded their part of the investigation, you will probably be asked to attend an IUC (Interview Under caution), if you are, just be honest with them, it will probably end with you paying back the overpayment through future tax credits.

unless we were talking serious fraud in 10's of thousands of pounds theres no chance they will be looking for imprisonment, it will be dealt with internally and doubt it will go to court

At the moment they said on the letter it was April until October 2015 but if they do go back longer then u are talking thousands

oh and one more thing, if she is asked to attend an IUC she can have representation so get onto your union rep to see if they would be able to attend with her

She has spoken to the CAB who said they will attend with her if she wants them too

I know I won't be covering anything up for her as it will look as if I've been on it with her from the start but as I said earlier the first I knew about all of this was the day she got the letter from Concentrix