HELP PEASE!! caught for shoplifting in TESCO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks Dear sewingkit , may plz ask you what happened to your Gf after all? if police involved finally after she ignored the RLP letters?

She got the letters but did not tell me soon enough and unfortuanely paid them, it was not until after that that I researched it and found out it was all a joke really, basically.

She has put it down to a learning experience, it gave her the necessary shock but we are a bit wiser as a result but a shame she paid them, thankfully it was not too much

no police involvement

the POLICE can never be involved AFTER the event.

so forget about that

you've not read that here or anywhere

so don't start inventing things.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just be prepared for letters.

The police will not now be involved at all. Tesco chose not to involve them but the reason they have taken your name is because this will be passed to a Civil Recovery Company called Retail Loss Prevention. They will almost certainly write to you stating that you owe Tesco for the cost of detecting and dealing with your offence. They will tell you that you must pay £130-£150 or Tesco will take you to court to get the money that way.

PLEASE NOTE THAT TESCO WILL NOT TAKE YOU TO COURT. IF YOU IGNORE THE LETTERS THEY WILL EVENTUALLY STOP WRITING TO YOU

They are talking about civil court and not criminal court and there have been no cases taken to court since another of Retail Loss Prevention's clients lost heavily when the judge decided that the money could not be repaid. RLP will then get a debt collector to write to you. IGNORE ALL LETTERS and they will eventually stop. DO NOT PHONE OR WRITE BACK TO THEM.

Tesco had the option to prosecute you but chose not to. They made you pay full price for the goods and lost no money or stock. Nothing more can happen to you. Stop worrying and move on, but please do not make the same mistake again either at Tesco or any other store. If your illness needs managing in this way then you must speak to your doctor.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

thanks for all complete and useful information sidewinder- i will sleep well tonight- I will definitely do what you guys advised me and Im really thankful - i will let you know whenever receive the letters. you guys saved me and made me feel better.

Edited by F9d

Hi

I apologise to the site team who are already on this thread for jumping in (too many cooks etc.)

f9d, you are in the right place now. We will try to help as best we can if RLP do get involved. I do have to say that on occasion Tesco don't involve RLP (but not that often)

Before any letters arrive, can I suggest you see your GP or if you have one, a mental health worker just to discuss your health at the moment. This may come in useful at a later date.

I see you have looked at this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448994-RLP-FAQ-s.-What-do-they-mean-Reviewed-September-2015&p=4762870&viewfull=1#post4762870

but it can do no harm to read it again when you are a little calmer.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Billion thanks Silverfox.

I will see my psychologist tomorrow and will discuss the matter,

l logically know that nothing very important will happen to me after reading all your comments

and reading all those information on the website and l really appreciate it

but you know because of my very severe mental illness and huge amount of medicines which l take daily

and because of tesco security guards' very very humiliating behaviour

( they spoke to me very badly and laughed at me when l was crying and begging them to let me even pay ten times for the items

but not telephone police and taking video of me when l was sitting on the floor like a child and crying)

l can't stop thinking about, I had all nightmares in last nights and even can't look at my children eyes, felt ashamed

- anyway l trust you and very thankful for your support and help.

bless you. you did a silly thing but hey - dont we all make mistakes? you are in the clear but no doubt barred from tesco's, hey theres always asda! stay calm and forget about it - its over and you are in the clear. as mentioned it costs these companies far too much to prosecute. stay cool and move on. good luck and best wishes to ya!

It isn't just the cost of taking cases to court that discourages retailers doing so. It is also the potential for bad publicity, especially in cases where someone has made an honest mistake, or security guards have overstepped their duties. RLP and the like con't care about the circumstances - they just want money - but a large retailer would be concerned if stories about how people with poor mental health were being pursued in court, for example.

The classic case, of course, is the one where RLP advised a major retailer to bring an action against two girls who had already been dealt with by the criminal justice system; it resulted in a humiliating defeat for the retailer. We can't name the retailer, because they asked the judge for anonymity.