• Tweets

• Thanks Andy - I really do need to read up!  
    • I am going through an ongoing dispute with Sainsbury’s re them not backdating my default. This is my complaint    I would like to further the following complaint registered initially in September last year.   You18 Sep 2019 7:05PM I entered into a Debt Management Plan via Stepchange in 2018. Having checked my credit report I have noted that you have not defaulted my account in relation to this DMP despite going into arrears. The OCI advises that as a general guide defaults should be recorded between 3–6 months after the arrears were first incurred. All my other creditors have defaulted me within 12 months of entering the DMP which has resulted in the correct entries being on my file for the correct amount of time, namely 6 years, and I would ask that you consider amending my record and recording a default at the correct time on my file. Obviously the failure to record the default has an adverse effect on my credit rating as the debt will remain on my credit report now 6 years from the date that the debt is paid in full which is due to be 2022 and therefore will remain there until 2028 .I look forward to hearing from you as to whether you are willing to amend my records and mark the account as defaulted.    Even though I kept reiterating my complaint and saying I wanted this to be in writing only due to my anxiety and mental health Sainsbury’s bank still Insisted on me calling. I suffer badly with anxiety, panic discorder and depression and have done so and been Medicated for this since 2008, shortly when my money problems started. As I am sure you can understand speaking about this on the phone gives me a large amount of stress and makes it impossible for me to think clearly and retain information afterward. Further to these emails I was asked AGAIN to call Sainsbury's, I felt I was getting nowhere and forced into this method of communication. I spoke to an advisor who insisted that AP markers were not as bad as a default on my account and would not drop off longer. I am sure you can find a recording of this conversation and listen to it yourself. I was made to feel stupid for this complaint and that I was in the wrong and that for my account to be defaulted would be much worse for my credit score on the future. The lady almost scoffed at what I was sayIng. I came off the call and felt silly and wrong, I decided to leave it as I thought a trained member of your staff had told me otherwise. I have now spoken to various trained professionals who have indeed confirmed I was right in my original complaint and that the AP markers will adversely affect my account for longer ! I am very upset I have been given false information which led me not to carry on with my complaint adversely affecting my credit and ultimately my future.  Please can this complaint be passed on to someone higher in the department who understands how this works. I would like my account defaulted from the missed payment dates in 2018 and a response to my complaint ASAP. I hope you can appreciate this Is an urgent and serious matter.   - Sainsbury’s have got back to me and said they won’t uphold the complaint. They say the advise given about AP markers affecting your account less than defaults is correct which it clearly isn’t and that I didn’t state at the time when I was requesting everything in writing my mental health issues they were still ok to insist on my calling instead of communicating with me in writing which I think is incorrect, if I have requested communication in writing then they should do it whether they know the ins and outs of my health.   can anyone advise on how I can respond to them?    TIA
    • Not section 75...thats for credit card payment.
    • Unfortunately I haven't no, I believe that it might still be a possibility to do so, however as I was cancelling under the 14 days I didn't think it would be beneficial. 
    • I want to go now, because of the way they've done it. I still don't think I should just accept it though if they haven't followed procedures. Are you telling me that people who have sued for unfair dismissal have all wanted to go back to their jobs? I want more compensation. I have a family and ill be given the very basic amount for redundancy on a time where job competition is massive! 
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Veterans World Magazine - Only available digitally **Correct as at Aug 2017**

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1771 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Veterans World Magazine promotes awareness of help, advice and support available to the veterans community.

From issue 36 (latest issue) the magazine is now only available digitally via the internet as they are no longer producing a paper version.

Read More Here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/veterans-world

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group