what will happen to my esa

gixser1001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some advice. I have just been informed today by HRMC via a P800 in the post that I am due a tax refund from 2007 for £2,570. It seems a former employer screwed up and it taken this long for it to be discovered. Anyhow a nice early xmas present once the cheque arrives from the tax man.

I am pretty sure I have to inform the DWP of this and it will not put me over the £6,000 limit that for sure.However, as I am on esa in the support group, how will this refund affect that if at all? I am also on housing and council tax benefit.

Tax refunds count as capital. As long as you are not over the £6000 threshold, your ESA and HB should not be affected. Your CTB probably won't be either, but I can't say for 100% sure because each council now has its own rules about that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

oh I will not tell them till the money is cleared in my account and really there lol. I called the HRMC consumer dude when I got this letter and they confirmed it was a valid refund. The P800 is confusing and read like I owed them so I called to query and found it was the other way around.