Brian carter mobile debt ccj found at old address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure if i'm in the right place.

I have revisted an old property recently and found a ccj for an old orange debt passed to lowel.

With Brian Carter acting on behalf of them.

The ccj was issued in December 2014 for the debt of £733 and i was ordered to pay £50 a month.

This is nearly 12 months old and Carter is in a right flap, obviously.

The address correspondence has been sent to, i own, and is rented out.

The tenants say no bailiffs have been around.

I can't understand why?, if it's nearly 12 months ago.

this is my second ccj the first one for £1000, i was ordered to pay it immediately.

I didn't have the money so i ignored and heard nothing more about it.

I owe around 40k to various, whom i have agreed repayment plans with.

Anyone have an idea what Carter will do next if i don't pay?

Can he get a charging order on my house?

And why has he not taken more steps after nearly 12 months?

Many thanks if anyone can give me guidance.

Carter likes to get ccjs just to get his fee off the creditor. The creditor likes to get one just out of spite. If they actually thought they could collect, they would have done so by now.

Can you give more info on the debt

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

Not sure if i'm in the right place.

I have revisted an old property recently and found a ccj for an old orange debt passed to lowel.

With Brian Carter acting on behalf of them.

The ccj was issued in December 2014 for the debt of £733 and i was ordered to pay £50 a month.

This is nearly 12 months old and Carter is in a right flap, obviously.

The address correspondence has been sent to, i own, and is rented out.

The tenants say no bailiffs have been around.

I can't understand why?, if it's nearly 12 months ago.

this is my second ccj the first one for £1000, i was ordered to pay it immediately.

I didn't have the money so i ignored and heard nothing more about it.

I owe around 40k to various, whom i have agreed repayment plans with.

Anyone have an idea what Carter will do next if i don't pay?

Can he get a charging order on my house?

And why has he not taken more steps after nearly 12 months?

Many thanks if anyone can give me guidance.

Bryan Carters and debt companies lowell deal with huge numbers of debts, with CCJ's obtained by bulk. They get quite a lot by default, as they are not defended, quite often where claim forms have gone to an old address. If your credit record had your latest contact address at the time the claim was issued, you would question why an old address was used.

Suggest that you try to enter into a repayment arrangement, unless there are any issues with the debt, that you can use in a set aside application.

Be careful with the amount of debts. Some creditors have been known to collect debts owed by people, so the total debts they have are more than the bankruptcy threshold (£5k) with a view to making money from bankruptcy. If you own property, you would be wise to maintain payment arrangements and never allow any debt company the opportunity of trying to make you bankrupt.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Persoally i wouldnt even touch the debt or contact them unless you want them to start harassing you and threatening you. If they got a CCJ, youd need a valid reason for a set aside . More often than not, these companies get the CCJ out of pure spite, knowing they can never collect, and the person will have it on their credit record for 6 years.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hey guys

Thanks for taking the time to help out in this.

The Debt was from just over 3 years ago with orange, when i was going through a particularly tricky patch financially.

It was originally just shy of £500, and up to £733 now with costs.

I have let this slip somehow.

As i say, i have around 40k of debt with 8 creditors, all of which i have kept on top of with agreed repayment plans.

Also, the other ccj i never heard from anyone again after the judgement, and as you guys say, sometimes they just throw it at you for spite.

But Carter seems to be particularly nasty, and i'm worried he could take this further. I have managed to hold on to my property through all these financial nightmares over the years.

And the £50 per month i can't afford right now, plus the costs of not paying the judgement for 12 months.

Any thoughts you guys have would be appreciated.

Many thanks

I hope you've check all your debts are legally enforceable?

Can you list them and who you pay?

As for carter I'd not kick his pram wheels if he's not kicking yours

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cca requests to cabot and arrows

wouldn't hurt to cca the rest if the debts are pre apr 2007

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...