RAC Checks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Utter rubbish, they are unannounced.

In fact, industry actions such as this are exactly what the likes of CAG should be applauding. Anything that raises the industry standards must be a good idea.

What a shame that the first response, as I predicted, was such a negative post.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Utter rubbish, they are unannounced.

H

Where does it say that ?

According to the RAC the quality score of technicians has improved by 50% over the 10 years of the programme.

Now that really makes a joke of it all. Diagnostics is an unknown to them today, all they can do it plug in a laptop and half the time they get the reading wrong.

It doesn't say that, however, I know for a fact that it is true.

Sweeping generalisations are not helpful. 'Them' as you disrespectfully call Vehicle Technicians, describes some very highly skilled and qualified people.

Until you know anything about the RAC process you are not in a position to pass judgement on it.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

I know a lot about the RAC, are you still riding your motorbike and sidecar!

Technician - a person employed to look after technical equipment.

There are no technicians in garages, there is nothing technical about a car except the ecu and they can't repair those, they just scratch their balls and charge £hundreds to change one which invariably makes no difference, and added to that, they can't interpret with accuracy what it tells them either.

I'm sure you think you are clever, but really you do the CAG cause no good at all with your disparaging remarks.

I actually know a few guys up and down the country who can, and will, set about repairing, at component level, ECU's.

In fact there is a piece in this months MIM magazine, about just that. There is a growing issue with older vehicles and key coding to their immobilisers, necessity states that to keep these perfectly usable vehicles going the immobiliser has to be disabled in the ECU. This is done and a traditional, un-coded key used.

You may have little or no respect for anyone currently employed in the Motor Trade but cheap shots on a public forum is pretty low.

You have ruined this thread, posted in the spirit of providing valuable information.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

#4&6. After my recent experience with factory trained morons I think you hit the nail on the head. Where does experience come in to it nowadays---you know---knowledge handed down from foreman to apprentice?

Anyway, I don't want a technician to work on my car---I want a Motor Mechanic!

Hammy, you say you know a few guys who repair components---the emphasis being on FEW and they must all be my age.

In my case, being a French car with electrical faults, instead of FIRSTLY looking at the obvious, they had to do this confounded diagnostic check and charge me £90 for the pleasure. This was after me telling them a diag. would not show up anything. BUT nice work if you can get it---or easy money as dad used to say.

The ignorant pup calling himself a "Service Manager" informed me they would refuse to work on my car unless I agreed to a diag check first.

Anyway, the car is now out of warranty, so back to my local garage for all future work.

Main dealers???Naw, Main Stealers in my experience.

When I originally penned this post I made a tongue in cheek comment about the predictability of the responses. This was deemed 'innapropriate' and the comment was edited out without explanation.

Disappointingly, I was 100% correct about the responses and by whom.

You may as well lock or delete this as its not serving its intended purpose and was a complete waste of time. Especially as this bit will be redacted as well.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

then one wonders why you started the thread at all.

and the third prediction has come right too.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks