CPN Athena ANPR capute - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi TaurusLeo & Amradillo71

re:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452149-Civil-Parking-Charge-Notice-by-Athena-ANPR-Ltd-for-Parking-in-Lidl&p=4823265#post4823265

I just received the exact same letter for parking in Lidl from Athena ANPR Ltd, I was 13 minutes over the 90 minute 'allowed duration of stay'. I have a receipt for purchases in store.

I just wondered which template you sent to them as an appeal? There is so much information out there about how to go about it, but your letter obviously worked!

Many Thanks

@armadillo71,

I just followed your advice as exactly as above and Athena ANPR Ltd cancelled the charge. RK emailed them on the 15th Sep with a copy of the receipt and received a reply today from Athena ANPR Ltd by email with cancellation confirmation. Thank you very much @armadillo71 and thank you all for your input.

I just read armadillo71's basic template (I'm not sure if that's what you used).

I notice that it says 'I was not the driver on the date of the event'. The photos on the letter show the reg but definitely don't show who is driving. I'm not sure if they have more footage (I drove towards where the camera is located so they might have a clearer image), but even so could they/ would they use this to dispute?

Hi TaurusLeo & Amradillo71

I just received the exact same letter for parking in Lidl from Athena ANPR Ltd, I was 13 minutes over the 90 minute 'allowed duration of stay'. I have a receipt for purchases in store.

I just wondered which template you sent to them as an appeal? There is so much information out there about how to go about it, but your letter obviously worked!

Many Thanks

'As registered keeper of vehicle reg xxx xxx I am not liable for this charge.

Enclosed is a copy of the drivers receipt from the date in question.

I am under no obligation to name the driver on the date of the event, and will not be doing so.

Please cancel this charge forthwith, or alternatively issue a valid code for the independent appeals service POPLA.'

The rest of post #9 still applies.

Hi and welcome to CAG

There is normally only two cameras (unless there is more than one entry/exit). These focus on the number plate rather than the driver. While there is no guarantee you case will end the same, it can do no harm to send the simple appeal posted by armadillo

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm about to send the email appeal, it took a while to dig out the receipt of purchase in store, which is a substantial amount and paid in cash so no name on receipt.

Their letter states that I should list 'my full name, address, vehicle reg, PCN number and reason for appeal'... should I include this information?

I would have thought the PCN number alone which is in the template should be enough (they already have my address as they sent me a letter)

Should I sign off with a 'yours faithfully/my name'?

Sorry to be pedantic I just don't want to give them a reason to catch me out.

Thanks

They wrote to you as RK, you are appealing as RK so they have your address.

Just print your name at the end.

Copy yourself in or take screen shots if not using snail mail. If using snail mail always get free proof of postage when sending anything to a PPC.

do not dance to their tune, send the reply using their reference number and no other data. Sign if off as registered keeper so if they have the wrong details it damages their chances of getting anywhere by failing to identify the debtor correctly. Never send original documents so just a photocopy or scan in the body of the message, attachments get deleted. Keep a copy of the email in your sent folder.