Nearly 50. SLC/Erudio loan - wont age cancel! **WON PLUS COMPO**

shaft65
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the replies and advice again chaps.

I had already emailed them before your reply WindySock, but luckily I kind of said the same thing.

.. I told them if I don't receive a speedy and satisfactory resolution I will seek legal advice.

I will keep you posted...

Regards

shaft65.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks WindySock.

I seem to be getting somewhere at last! I received this email today:

Dear Mr *********,

Thank you for your previous email.

After reviewing your account I can see that we did receive your deferment application form in 2014.

However this was automatically rejected after 60 days as supporting evidence was not received in time.

I can confirm that in order for you to qualify for age related cancellation, any arrears on your account must be cleared.

If you would like to discuss clearing these arrears, please contact our Customer Services team on 0333 003 7188.

Kind Regards

Erudio Student Loans

Erudio Student Loans Ltd

Office: 03330037188

PO Box 580, Rotherham, S63 3FR.

My concern is with the line "I can confirm that in order for you to qualify for age related cancellation,

any arrears on your account must be cleared." Particularly with the word qualify .

Now, I am willing to clear the arrears if they will write off my debt, but, being the sceptic I am,

I wonder if it is just a way for them to get me to pay my arrears

and then they will come up with some other excuse as to why they won't write off my account?

Or, do you think that this is enough evidence that they are actually going to do what they suggest?

I know the simple answer is to ring them.

But, again I thought I'd let you chaps see the exact wording of their email and hopefully advise me before I ring them.

Thanks as always.

Regards

shaft65

sounds promising so far.

as mentioned, if the arrears werent actually your fault,

then you shldnt have to clear them,

they should reverse them.

but,

it seems that they are saying that because the supporting evidence wasnt received within the 3 mths to back date then the arrears are legit.

i wld think that once those arrears are cleared, then they will cancel. maybe get them to confirm that.

though, see what windy says first. :)

12. The lender will cancel the borrower’s liability to repay the loan if the borrower—

(a) dies,

(b) is not behind on any repayments under any agreement for a student loan and—

(i) was under the age of 40 when his last agreement for a student loan was made and he reaches the age of 50

or when the last agreement for a student loan has been outstanding for not less than 25 years, whichever is the sooner, or

(ii) was aged 40 or older when his last agreement for a student loan was made and he reaches the age of 60, or

© if the borrower can show the lender that he gets a disability related benefit and because of his disability is permanently unfit for work.

Yeah Ford coz I'm the cat that won't cop out :-)

WindySock:

"If you clear the arrears, and at that point they have not called in the loan in full by defaulting/terminating the account"

Are you saying that after I pay my arrears they could still make me pay off the remainder of the loan by claiming I've defaulted??...

That's tad concerning!

shaft65.

Yeah Ford coz I'm the cat that won't cop out :-)

shaft65.

:lol: nice one.

re yr other point, no. windy means prior. they havent called the full amount of loans in have they?

but, of course, see what windy says :)

going by the letter posted in post 28

they say .....

I can confirm that in order for you to qualify for age related cancellation, any arrears on your account must be cleared.

so, they are saying that if you pay the arrears, you will qualify for the age related cancellation.

it would be quite easy to hold them to this by asking for a letter confirming

that should the arrears be paid, your loan thus, under the age related cancellation

will be null and void.

that is what WS is confirming.

as it stands, in my opinion, that letter is already good enough to be able to argue with the correct authorities

that you liability for the loan is gone, as you abided by the letter they sent.

your call what to do..

I know what I would do....belt and braces...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

WindySock:

"If you clear the arrears, and at that point they have not called in the loan in full by defaulting/terminating the account"

Are you saying that after I pay my arrears they could still make me pay off the remainder of the loan by claiming I've defaulted??...

No. I'm saying that the only way they can stop you having it written off is if they should default/terminate the account before you get around to bringing the arrears up to date.

Technically they would have a right to do that right now due to the arrears, but I don't think even Erudio are pushing their luck quite that far and evilly yet.

If you get the arrears paid off without them having done that, then IMHO you are home and dry.

Thank you all as always for your help and advice chaps. I'm going to relax with my family now and deal with this on Tuesday. Hopefully this will be a late Christmas present for me! I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. I will post as soon as I know something new.

All the best chaps!

Regards

shaft65.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again chaps

Well without wishing to tempt fate, I seem to be making real progress. I reluctantly paid their imposed arrears and asked them both on the phone and via email to start my age related cancellation.

I queried the fact that they asked me to contact them 7 days after clearing the arrears as this takes me past January's DD payment date

I have had no contact from them yet and was advised by the agent on the phone to cancel the debit myself. I tried to do this today but was informed by the bank agent that they had already cancelled it!

So fingers firmly crossed - watch this space...

shaft.

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Apologies for the lack of updates on this post

but until this week I had assumed that my Age Related Cancellation was complete.

I really am at my wits end with this bunch of Incompetent people !!!

After speaking with one of of their customer service reps

(see post above, who assured me that I didn't have to phone to start the cancellation process 7 days after clearing my arrears)

the only contact I have had with this mob up until this week was

a letter stating that January’s payment to them had been recalled by my bank

(again, they cancelled the direct debit following my conversation with their customer service rep, not me!!

I emailed them for clarification and got the following response:

Dear *******

Thank you for your email,

Regarding your concerns for January direct payment.

If you cancelled of the direct debit at the bank we would not have been able to collect this.

If the payment is taken from your bank account, we will refund this.

Regards,

I thought that was the end of the matter and patiently waited to hear from them for confirmation of my loan cancellation.

Having heard nothing from them,

I emailed them again on the 23rd of February, requesting an update.

I got the following reply the same day:

Thank you for contacting Erudio Student Loans.

We can confirm we have received your email and aim to respond to your query within 5 working days.

If your query is urgent, please contact one of our telephony advisors on 0333 003 7188.

I heard absolutely nothing from them until I returned from a family holiday

to find two identical letters waiting for me stating that I am now over £500 in arrears!!!

In the letters, it states:

We have recently sent you a Notice of Sums in Arrears (NoSiA)

or you may have received multiple historical NoSiA’s for arrears that fell due.

We are now writing to let you know that, despite making several attempts to contact you,

your account remains in arrears, the value of which is shown above.

Please contact us on… to discuss the outstanding arrears on your account…

This is a blatant and utter lie!!

I have had absolutely no contact from them since the 23rd of February (probably auto generated email) mentioned above,

not an email, letter or phonecall.

I am now utterly disillusioned and apparently back to square one with more arrears than I started with!

Can somebody please advise me on my next course of action, I am getting desperate!

Yours in hope.

shaft.

Formal complaint against Erudio, making it very clear that unless they

* cancel any arrears they have falsely allocated against you account

* confirm that they have cancel the entire loans under the age write off conditions

that you will be taking a complaint to the FOS and seeking redress/compensation against Erudio.

And may consider legal action for a specific performance to enforce your right to have the loan cancelled.

sorry but what else do you expect.

from post 1 you were/are going to continue to be fleeced blind.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

not in the least

something you must do.

you'll win

stand your ground.

as simple as that

and they

Reasonable timeframe? 14 days should be more than enough. Remind Esrewdio that you were up to date, and the loans should have been written off, and further attempts to take payments are vexatious. Follow Windy Socks advice and go in after them hard. After all they would do the same to you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!