• Tweets

• Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Contact Order/Agreement Not Being Followed by Mother of Children...

Carlitos172
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I could do with some advice from anyone who has been through anything similar to this. My pockets aren't bottomless and the solicitor's clock is an expensive one to allow to tick away so any constructive advice would be greatly welcomed.

My situation spans around 12 years now after separating with my daughters' mother in August 2003. She soon started to stop contact which culminated in me losing an entire Christmas of 2004 as well as being physically attacked by her then partner resulting in him breaking my finger which required surgery, finger cast and an arm brace. In december of 2004 I applied to the courts for an emergency hearing and subsequently obtained one in March 2005 where a contact order was issued for a minimum contact at that time, to be reviewed again in October 2005 where a new contact order was raised.

Since then my ex partner has routinely (albeit intermittently as her whims suit her) withdrawn contact in order to increase CSA contributions (e.g. withdraw contact, call CSA advising of a change in circumstances, I'm honest and state that currently only have a single night every two weeks) only then to agree to reinstating the contact at which time the CSA's calculation has been made and I have to wait before another calculation can be made at some point further on down the line. I only reference this as context as to how manipulative and devious this woman is. I have always paid for my children and have provided for them above and beyond my legal obligations. They are my angels, why wouldn't I?!?

Last year I began legal proceedings against her on the long standing request of my daughters to have equal time with their parents, which, being honest is what I've wanted all along but didn't want to put our daughters in the middle of a legal battle. This involved a lot of posturing between our solicitors, proposals and offers from my, lies and arguments from hers. Mediation was a non-starter as she lied through her teeth whilst there, it was truly a pointless exercise. I did manage to get her to agree in writing via email to a rolling rotating Thursdays - Mondays every other week schedule which has been working ok for the most part. My daughters arrive from school on a Thursday afternoon and return to their mother's on Monday after school. This changes during holidays from 8:30am on Thursday and 6pm on Monday. I usually have more time with my daughters during holidays in any case.

Christmas is the hardest time for me and our daughters as they are always stuck in the middle of a petty squabble between their mother and I and although I try to keep them out of the firing line she is insistent on using them for leverage at every opportunity. We have always had the following rotating Christmas agreement which was proposed by me after the court action in 2005;

Christmas Eve 10am - Christmas Day 10am

Back again Boxing Day around midday.

Rotate year on year

The purpose of this agreement was to stabilise Christmas contact making it beneficial for our daughters to wake up and be able to unwrap their presents and then make their way to the others' house to enjoy the entirety of Christmas Day. This way our daughters get Christmas at both residences and we get to enjoy Christmas with them every year.

A couple of years ago their mother decided that she fancied having the whole of Christmas Day! As the children were already with her during this time I was denied contact. This year she has decided to go one step further and is insistent that she is having our daughters from 7pm Christmas Eve until Boxing Day, because it suits her. It just so happens that this year Christmas is as follows;

Christmas Eve = Thursday

Christmas Day = Friday

Boxing Day = Saturday

27th = Sunday

28th = Monday

As per our agreement I have the right to see my children during all of these days without exception, however I have taken their need to spend Christmas at both residences into account and confirmed the above earlier stated existing historic agreement of Christmas Eve at 11am to Christmas Day at 11am. Times adjusted for the benefit our our daughters as they are lazy teens at present. This has been met with the usual hostile response as always, I suspect because she's already made plans with my time, and we are at a stalemate. I am forced to either withhold our children and prevent them from spending Christmas Day with their mother in fear that she will not return them, which she has done on several occasions, or return them earlier than agreed and risk not having our girls returned to me at all. This is more problematic due to our youngest's birthday being 28th December!

I have spoken with my solicitor today however as my case was closed from the previous time they are reviewing it with a view to sitting with me on Monday 23rd November.

I would like to go directly to court however as mediation took place more than 4 months ago we need to go through it all over again! To what end I ask.

I'm lost, at the end of my tether, stressed and entirely drained by all this. My partner who has kept herself out of any of this fiasco other than to be a voice of reason for me is also being affected by this turmoil not to mention the impact that this has had on our daughters over the years! It's much harder to hide this nonsense from them at their present ages as they pick up everything now and have a more grown up understanding about matters, so it needs to end.

Can you offer any words of wisdom please?

Thank you,

Carlos.

Unfortunately no words of wisdom, been in the family court system for the last 18months and ive still no idea what to expect each time i arrive. All i can say is keep your argument ' in the best interests of the children' do not use it as a opportunity to slag the mother of now matter how hard it is. What you are proposing seems perfectly acceptable and it is not acceptable for the mother to keep changing arrangements as it suits her. One lesson to learn is that if you want to change anything in regards to contact to get it court ordered then if she tries to play silly buggers its much easier for you to deal with. You can also LIP in the family court to avoid the cost of a solicitor or just pay your solicitor to represent you on the day and avoid having to pay a retainer each month you just deal with any paper work yourself. Depending on the age of your children it may be possible for them to voice their opinion on what they would like, after all it is important they spend quality time with both parents.

Thanks Haven, when you say that you've "been in the family courts system for the last 18 months" is that as a parent or solicitor?

I've been supremely accommodating solely for the benefit and well being of our daughters and she has abused this and taken advantage of my kindness at every opportunity. I have also maintained a policy of not speaking badly of their mother to them or when they are in earshot of any such conversation. I can honestly say that I can hold my head up high and be proud of how I have conducted myself when it comes to my children.

Being Spanish by heritage I have personal knowledge of how it's done over there and neither parent gets more contact, it's strictly 50/50 from day one unless a parent puts an application to increase or reduce that time for whatever reason. Such a common sense approach which takes all this stupidity out of the equation.

Im a parent, mine is a long and complicated story though and ive been LIP for most of that time as unable to access legal aid even tho abuse was involved. The courts will always try and act in the best interests of the child, im sure you solicitor will state a good case for you so sit back and let them do all the work.

You should record all contact with the mother, & present it to court that way you'll have proof positive, you're being denied access to your kids.

You can buy a great pair of glasses with discrete recording inside the frame of the glasses, as well as a small microsim to record everything on. They cost around £30 on ebay for a hi res 1080p.

What existing court orders are there? Carlos, you say you're 'separated' so am presuming you have never married. You can, as the poster above, says essentially represent yourself. You need to have some formal legal document from the court (an Order, judgement), and you can do this by motioning the court/ judge (formal speaking for making contact with the judge. Any person who is of kin/ or guardian can either claim existing family rights or ask the court for certain orders where the rights pertain to relationships with children. My advice if you do not have one already is motion the relevant judge and tell him you recommend certain contact terms, and for this to be put in writing so everyone is on alert to their rights and obligations (ie sharing contact). If you can represent yourself in person do it as it will save you paying for expensive lawyers. Once you have an order from the court and the other party refuses to follow, go back to court and say judge this person is defying your order and is essentially mocking the judicial system by not adhering to your legal authority or the courts. The judge has the power to hold a party in contempt.

The extra terms are a great idea, but the terms should always be backed by positive proof, a discrete camera recording all contact with the mother should always be present.

Most courts are lenient towards the mother, & unless you have a discrete camera proving you're being denied access to your children, you're not going to have an easy time getting a fair shared custody in the courts.

Actually filming a person on public property is permissible. Also any altercations or acts of abuse, or violations of court orders, are all admissible as long as theyre declared as evidence, before the hearing.

Otherwise CCTV camera's & police body cams would be useless in a hearing.