Very frustrating - Vodafone Ref #1123456

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I applied via online chat for an upgrade on 15th October 2015. Went onto online chat on 16/10/15 only to be told order wasn't completed properly. Re-ordered and they gave me a discount. Was assured that bill date will stay the same and no extra costs will be incurred. It took 11 days and several online chats before I received my phone. I was assured by a supervisor on online chat that I will not be charged for the handset until I receive it.

I received a text on the 15/11/15 saying I owed £20.03. I phoned Vodafone and was told that was an error and he will send the bill back for recalculation and not to worry my bill date will stay the same and I will only pay the amount that I am supposed to pay. I received a text on Monday stating that my bill was overdue and the total was £114. How can this be? My normal charges were £54, with my discount my bill should be £49.30.

After speaking to Walter for an hour on Monday he realised for some reason there was two accounts - one with £54 credit on it. He promised that he would combine the accounts, also take off the late payment charge and also alter the credits as they were showing as owing rather than a credit. He promised they would get in touch with me by today with the new bill. I also received a text yesterday stating that my services have been restricted and will be until I pay the £114.

I definitely do not owe that much and even if I did my bill is not due til 23rd of each month. What on earth is going on. Sick to the back teeth of Vodafone, I have had so many empty promises and have spent so much time dealing with them. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. As for their online chat they are absolutely useless!!!!

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Hi and welcome to CAG.

You would have thought something as simple as this could go so wrong. No doubt they will blame system error.

We do have VF web team reps that frequent CAG who have had some success so, if you follow the instructions FULLY in the link below:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

You will (eventually) get an automated reply number. Please post this number here so that the rep can find your case.

Did you keep copies of the online chats? If not, please try and get them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Have you followed the instructions in the link provided by silverfox and obtained a reference number ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, Reference number is WRT135,

had a few phone calls yesterday. Have promised to phone back today but haven't as yet. Got a text today saying they have restricted my service. Nice of them :x

Erm, nope that is the CAG reference code.. there should be something like the one in the link below..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?455828-Vodafone-refund-saga-**-Vodafone-Ref-11961746-**

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You should have received a reference number from Vodafone, via email ? Click on the link again (I have copied it below for you) Enter the code WRT135 when asked and CAG forum.. you should then receive a reference number by email

UPDATED 24TH APRIL 2015

CAG has a very successful vodafone Rep operating here.

We would advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here ( http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm)

To access the form, you MUST enter the code 'WRT135' and then state CAG Forum in the question box along with your query.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post this reference in your thread as soon as possible.

Vodafone UK.

CAG.

BCOBS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi landykizzy1,

As I don't recall receiving your email, please contact me again via the Contact us form here if you still need help.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "CAG Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...

WRT135 reference number #1123456

I am so fed up with this, I keep trying to sort it out and nothing happens. I have til 13th Jan to sort this as the only way I could keep my service was to pay 10% then pay the rest before my next bill. I have tried everything, going into the shop, online chat which is useless, phoning bill payment, written to Head Office. Nothing is working. Next step will have to be the media.

I have added your reference number to the title of your thread - I rather suspect you wont receive a response now until the New Year :(

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

Hi landykizzy1,

Apologies for the delay with returning to the thread.

The reference number you've posted is a digit short.

If you still need help with your account, please check the number and update the thread to the right one.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK