Churchill wont released No Claims Discount evidence for new Hastings policy

Yukiko
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening all,

I've just renewed my insurance policy and moved from Churchill (Who wanted £1400 to renew me) to Hastings Premier, who wanted £400 to renew.

I've informed Churchill that I'll be leaving them and my policy lapsed on 14/11/15. At this same date, my policy with Hastings has come into force. I had a bit of a grumble on the phone to Churchill, as I don't like change, and said that I think it's disgraceful that my insurance has gone up by £1000, especially seeing as I'm now 25 and have five years NCD behind me.

None the less, I've left them. But do you think I can get them to send me my NCD proof? I've had at least four phone calls now with promises relating to my NCD letter, but nothing. Then, today, 18/11 I get a letter saying "Your motor insurance policy is due to expire soon and we recently wrote to you with details of your renewal. Please therefore take a few minutes of your time to discuss your cover for the next year"... etc.

If they can fire me a letter out dated 13/11, then why the hell can't they get my NCD out to me when I called them and told them I wouldn't be renewing about 3 weeks ago! I don't know what to do, as Hastings Direct aren't exactly the most sympathetic of companies, I don't want to annoy them by chasing my NCD around and around, and risk having my policy cancelled!

What's the crack? Where do I stand?

Cheers,

Caeleb.

Hi Yukiko,

Sorry to hear that you've had issues with getting the letter from Churchill but I'm sure I can help. As mentioned, the renewal invitations often have a page where the year-ending NCD is declared and since it's on Churchill headed paper, we can usually accept that. If you have it, go ahead and email it over to me at [email protected] and I can either pass it to the team for you or explain what more I might need.

This should be fine, if you need anything else just let me know.

Regards,

Joe

• 1 month later...

How did you get on with Churchill yukiko?

I've used them in the past and they were great - apart from renewal cost which many companies nowadays seem to ramp up after the first year (what price loyalty - ah that will be an extra 50% thank you)

I'm considering them again for this years renewal and would appreciate info on any issues.

(Do be aware of Hastings 'issues' with NOT recording and 'losing' over 9 years NCD when you get to that stage)

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting that the reviews on churchill have taken an absolute nosedive since they were taken over by direct line.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days