Currys under warranty repair

qreennurse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am just wondering if anyone can give me some up to date information.

I purchased an LG soundbar from Currys in December 2014. On 1st November the sound bar speaker seemed to blow up and therefore no longer works correctly. As it is under warranty I took it back to currys on 3rd November.

I was advised that they would look into the fault and that if it was not ready to be collected in 14days I would be entitled to a replacement product. I got paperwork to say I had left the product but it does not state this 14day clause.

Well, today 18th November, I rang know how who could not find my repair and so she called the local store I left it wth and was advised that this store would call me back shortly with an update. They have called but it went straight to answer phone and a message was left to say that as the product was still in the warranty period LG are required to assess it, my sound bar is still sat in the shop as LG have not collected it yet! This suprised me to say the least.

Where do I stand legally and what more can I do? I cant find any reference to this 14 day policy either.

Your advise would be gratefully received.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

While Currys do have their own technicians, they do farm out some repairs to external companies, including the manufacturers.

My opinion. They should have sent this for repair/assessment within a day or two and the fact they haven't done so speaks volumes about customer service.

Personally, I would bypass the shop staff and go to the CEO

[email protected]

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Whatever they say, they are the retail supplier and they are liable for it – not LG and not anyone else.

This is a common fob-off that many retailers – especially the larger ones – use to avoid having to deal with it themselves. They often have special arrangements with the manufacturers and sometimes it can be useful to go to the manufacturer. However, if Currys of told you that they are not liable and that someone else's – even the manufacturer, then Currys are lying.

This is not an uncommon story for Currys and others.

A shame that they haven't referred to the 14 day promise on the paperwork they gave you. This was a mistake of yours. You should never take these people at face value. They will say anything they can simply to get you out of the shop and to move onto the next customer.

However, it seems to me that 14 days is more than adequate and you should start considering more formal action if you want.

You can send this tweet out to your followers if you want to maybe put on a little extra pressure

@curryspcworld @curryspcworlduk under warranty repair - dodgy customer service again? http://cag.tw/1m4d Please RT RT