More CRS Trouble

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,I have been disputing with CRS for the most part of this year. My partner and I had a joint gym membership being paid for via my direct debit.

We had to move expectantly a fair distance away. It says on the membership it has to be at least 15 miles away from the gym to be able to cancel, which it definitely was over. We sent a letter (unfortunately not signed for but got proof of postage) to the gym, explained where we were and gave them proof of this. I didn't hear anything further and cancelled the DD.

Apparently Harlands had been sending letters to our old address. We had our mail redirected and received other post but nothing from Harlands. It wasn't until CRS called and sent a text that I stupidly called them to see what the problem was. They said about the membership was still ongoing and we owed a ridiculous amount of money for the membership plus their fees.

They said to email in proof of moving, which I did and never got a response. I also asked that they contact me by email, which they haven't adhered to. I eventually posted it to them.

They then said they had cancelled the membership from the date they received the proof but are still chasing £360+. I sent them proof of postage to say the gym had been sent the info, the gym are denying they have received it (or so CRS says) and then decided the method of postage wasn't appropriate.

I have since moved again and they don't have my new address. I am already inundated with calls and texts so the last thing I want is further letters. I am worried though because I am taking the landlord of my old property address (the one CRS has) to court as he failed to put my deposit in a TDS or pay back my deposit. I'm not sure if CRS does take me to court that it will affect the money judgement in my current proceedings with my previous landlord? As if they do award CRS then will it be offset from the money judgement I get from my own court proceedings? I'm getting worried and can't just bump them off due to the proceedings still tying me to the property!

Sorry this is so long!

Edited by kingsleyfreeman

Hi KF and welcome to CAG

First and foremost, this will NOT go to court so your fears are unfounded. Even if it did (which it won't), it would not affect any other court case

Have you read other threads here about the lovely Harlands. There are plenty to choose from !!

What you will see repeatedly is that they just go on, and on, and on, with their incessant demands. So there comes a time to either ignore them, or to take direct action against them if you have a decent case.

You should keep a log of all contact attempts from Harlands/CRS, in case a harassment complaint is made.

You should also tell Harlands your new address so you can keep tabs on what they're up to. If they work out you're not at the address, they could use it to get an easy uncontested CCJ.

You should also tell them to cease all msgs and/or calls, and keep contact in writing. They'll never accept anything you say, but you need to say it anyway.

If you want help with the letter, just shout.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Here's the letter telling them not to harass you via phone, not that they listen, so keep a diary of events regarding their contact with a view of reporting them to the police for the criminal offence of harassment....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone-**Update-21st-April-2014**%282-Viewing%29-nbsp

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hello Slick and BB,

Thanks very much for your quick replies. I have seen A LOT on this forum regarding them with lots of useful info, I was just worried about anything affecting my current court proceedings. I feel I can now breathe a sigh of relief!

Out of interest, has anyone said when/ if they stop?

Out of interest, has anyone said when/ if they stop?

They usually stop when they realise that not everyone's as gullible as them, and that they are talking to a brick wall as their puerile missives aren't working!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi again and please see the PM I've sent you.

Yes, Harlands behave atrociously but it's NOT all doom and gloom.

See here about complaining to The CMA and to your local and Harlands local Trading Standards offices - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452455-Exercise4Less-Harlands&p=4822215&viewfull=1#post4822215

It's about time we got everyone being harassed by Harlands to make complaints. If enough folk do this, it cannot be ignored.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hello, this is the letter I have created based on the templates:

Dear Sir or Madam

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I now require all further communication from your company to be made in writing only. Please note my new contact address on this letter. It is my legal right to communicate in writing under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights and prevents any misunderstanding.

I am also of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and the the Financial Conduct Authority, meaning that you may be liable to a substantial fine and/or other sanctions as they see fit. Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company may be recorded and used in evidence and I expect this harassment to cease immediately.

I have provided proof that I ended the membership in a reasonable manner and now consider the matter closed.

Let me know what you think!

Yes that'll do, send 2nd class and obtain 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter.

You don't want them thinking that their missives warrant any urgency by sending a response first class.

I wouldn't waste good money on RM Signed For delivery with Harlands. The free Cert from the PO is adequate proof.

Proof of Postage is NOT what got you into this trouble - it was caused by the gym failing to process the cancellation !!

What gym is this about anyway ?

It's Inspire Fitness.

I haven't heard a lot of bad things about them but I think I know what's happened - the gym is in a hotel so I put the gym's name and the hotel name on the address, so I reckon it's gone to the hotel and not been passed onto the gym.

But the point is I have provided proof of cancelling the membership and they refuse to acknowledge that a mistake has been made!

It's difficult to cancel anyway - after this event I have looked over the membership agreement and the terms for it are awful. If we were still in the same area and either of us didn't have time to use the gym anymore or didn't like it anymore we would have been tied to it still!

Hi KF,

If you addressed the letter to the gym at the address of the hotel, then I don't think you've done anything wrong.

Let us know when you hear more from Harlands/CRS.

• 1 month later...

Forward the text messages to 7226 (SPAM on you handset keypad) This then goes to the malicious calls dept of whoever your network provider is, with a view of fining the companies spamming the networks with their idle messages.

Ensure you log their texts and calls in the diary for future reference should you wish to sue them for harassment.

No worries, this year caggers should lodge formal complaints to Ofcom regarding the misuse of their communications network and the constant harassment meted out by these powerless fools.

Hi KF,

Continue to ignore the comm'ns from Harlands/CRS but keep us updated.

• 4 months later...

So long time no see!

Thought I would update you all.

So, had absolutely nothing from CRS even after giving them my new address but recently I got a text from a solicitor's firm Spratt Endicott (they are real as I checked on Law Society) asking me to ring them. I know it's in regards to CRS as the reference they have for me is GYMXXXXX. What should I do now?

Thanks!

Hi KF,

Spratt Endicott are Harlands/CRS current pet solicitor. They are nothing to worry about based on our experiences here.

I would certainly NOT respond to any text msg but let us know if they write to you at all.

Would you know if Harlands/CRS, Zinc or Spratts had written to the old address or do you no longer have access to it ?

Forward the text message to 7726 (spam) on your handset keypad.

Your network provider will forward it to the ICO, who in turn log them, and take them to task when they hit a target number.

Hey Slick,

I've learnt my lesson with this mess and haven't replied to their text, no letters have come through yet.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the other address to see if they have, but I've sent a letter by recorded delivery to CRS advising of my new address so they have no excuse for sending to the wrong place!