Charging orders

petelyn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I had a charging order on my property in 2010 with negative equity

went bankrupt 3 months later

my question is the original ccj for charging order comes off my credit file in January 2016

I realise I will Have to pay CO when I sell property

but after ccj comes off my credit file will the charging order still affect my credit file.

The CCJ/Judgment should fall off both your credit file and Trust online after 6 years. Was the CO not swallowed up into your BR ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

.... Was the CO not swallowed up into your BR ?

s3 (5) charging order act upon application?

seems though a prior CO (even interim) can survive a bankruptcy, depending on the circs. and not being a 'preference'. eg

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/technicalmanual/Ch1-12/Chapter9/part7/Part%207.htm

whether this info is uptodate? http://www.largo-law.co.uk/2010/01/charging-order-survives-bankruptcy/

The CCJ/Judgment should fall off both your credit file and Trust online after 6 years. Was the CO not swallowed up into your BR ?

Thanks for your reply but the CO was made about 8 weeks before our bankruptcy so we couldn't add it to bankruptcy apparently, so we were just concerned this would show up on credit files or land registry and stop us getting future credit and move on with our lives.

• 1 month later...

if your sols are clever..you don't HAVE to tell the CO owners you are are selling...:wink::wink:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if your sols are clever..you don't HAVE to tell the CO owners you are are selling...:wink::wink:

Dependent on whether its a Full Charging Order or just a Restriction DX

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh here we go

car finance company has just conveniently rang me to say they don't want to make life awkward for me

but they want a payment or a offer of payment on this C O,

they prob know the ccj comes off my name in January 2016,

i have still got no equity because I am still paying arrears off to mortgage company

what should I say to them as our income will not stretch any further at present,

and what can they do to us.

Also just noticed the ccj was for £2260 now they say it is £2450

tough you don't have to pay them anything.

nor talk on the phone!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What date in January does the CCJ fall off the Register?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

January 2016

What date in January ?

So basically in 6 days time the CCJ will have past the 6 year anniversary and the claimant may have to take further steps to be able to execute it.

An action cannot be brought on any judgment after the expiry of 6 years from the date it became enforceable. The term “action” only applies to the commencement of fresh proceedings on a judgment, it does not include enforcement proceedings so, strictly speaking, for enforcement purposes and enforcement proceedings, no limitation period applies. However, any delay in enforcement on the part of the judgment creditor will affect any award of interest as recoverable interest is limited to 6 years on a judgment that is executed after the expiry of the 6 year period.

Court permission is required to enforce a judgment debt that is more than 6 years old. In a particular case of Warrants of Execution, these must be renewed after 12 months if they have not been enforced. Further, the court is entitled to take account of delay and enforcement when exercising its discretion to grant any Order sought.

I thought that after the ccj falls off credit file the debt is gone, but The CO stands and it only comes into force when I sell my house sorry to me not understanding your reply. What action can they take against me after ccj falls off file. thank you .

They can issue a an attachment of earnings...a statuary demand to make you bankrupt...a third party debt order to freeze your account and help themselves...or even force sale of your home.