You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hello all,  During the pandemic, we all have a duty to help one another, but i feel that the current Price gouging policy of all the main public sellers such as ebay and amazon to name the biggest are actually keeping the ppe prices artificially high. and i tell you why. pressure from bodies such as which and the trading standards in the early days to cut the price gouging listings on these platforms, has back fired!! This has now lead to a select club! being the Approved traders, as  the only listings allowed to list certain ppe items, this has created a club that with ebays trending structure is keeping the prices high, i have been at logger heads with ebay about this, they are using this policy to rip off the public, after all they take a percentage commission on every item sold. If i try to list an item of ppe much lower that the approved traders club, my listing is rejected, and the reason given is price gouging!!!, what a joke as my listing is half the price of the approved traders and ebay know this. they are worried that this will get out, as the conversations with the concierge service they tell me they are constantly revieving their policy!!!. Which needs to put pressure on these companys to change the policy to create a fairer result for the public.      
    • You might want to check your contract notice as you’ll need to be given that or given legal notice under 2 years (1 week), usually instant is for gross misconduct which this doesn’t appear to be. Again need to check contract but minimum 1 week I believe legally.   I agree they should have better processes in place but they’ve terminated you for unsatisfactory performance they can do that.   It sucks but it’s not unfair, I can see a discriminatory reason posted either so I think best bet will be to look for something new.    Most likely they need to lose heads & knowing they will have to pay contributions in August chose to lose you as you have been there less than 2 years and have very little rights as a result.
    • Just to update on this, received the anticipated reply from Packlink. Still chasing hermes every week.    
    • So I gather that you sent some parcels using DPD. They arrived in an apparently damaged state so that the items can't be used. The items were returned to you and you had to refund your customer. You are now out of pocket to the tune of the entire value of the items or at least the cost of repairs. You used DPD on some kind of account/credit system so that in principle you owe the money – but you are withholding the money because they didn't carry out their contractual obligations correctly and also they caused you loss. They are now threatening to sue you and they have sent you a letter of claim. I understand that you didn't take any photographs of the damaged parcels or of the items – on the basis that you weren't informed that that would be necessary. I understand also that you have had phone calls with them – but you probably have never recorded the courts so you have no evidence of what has been said. Is this all correct? You haven't told us what the items are and whether they are still in your possession. You haven't told us whether the damage to the items makes them a total loss or if they can be repaired. You haven't told us anything about values of the items or of the cost of repairs. We need this information. Also, I hope that you won't mind too much when I say that your failure to take photographs on the basis that nobody had told you to do it – shows a certain level of naïveté and your lack of evidence may become a problem if they do issue proceedings and you have to defend yourself. I suggest that it is axiomatic of any kind of dispute of this nature that you would start acquiring and storing evidence from the outset – and photographs are certainly going to be the minimum kind of evidence that you would require. You also haven't told us the value of the invoice sum which you are withholding. Although your post is pretty long, it seems to be pretty scant on some of the essential information. If you could please respond to these questions and then we will try to give you advice as to your position and the next step.
    • sar vanquis   sar express gifts cards.   too    
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
MilfordGirl

Restons / Charging Order

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1679 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Thanks CitizenB

Is it best to fill in the I&E you have kindly sent me AND the I&E section on the N245 ?

As Andy pointed out if I send to Restons they will forever be questioning it so I think I will apply straight to court and let court inform them.

Also when I spoke to this guy from Restons they said I had to document fully what my xmas expenditure would be over the next month i.e. Presents for my two children etc. Do I just tell court this instead ? Do I need to keep receipts ?

Thanks

Megan

See post #23...the Court will only allow/accept the N245 and Its own I&E....there is no provision to add any comments re family assistance.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Stop talking to Restons all in writing, they are monkeys and their comments above are nothing more than harassment , do not talk to them, better if you could record old conversations by phone.

Listen to Andy and follow what he says, Restons know that a courts view is different to theirs.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Thanks CitizenB

Is it best to fill in the I&E you have kindly sent me AND the I&E section on the N245 ?

As Andy pointed out if I send to Restons they will forever be questioning it so I think I will apply straight to court and let court inform them.

Also when I spoke to this guy from Restons they said I had to document fully what my xmas expenditure would be over the next month i.e. Presents for my two children etc. Do I just tell court this instead ? Do I need to keep receipts ?

Thanks

Megan

No, only the I&E on the N245. I provided the budget sheet for you when you were dithering over whether to contact Restons. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Only just seen the following...skim reading again

" Also when I spoke to this guy from Restons they said I had to document fully what my xmas expenditure would be over the next month i.e. Presents for my two children etc. Do I just tell court this instead ? Do I need to keep receipts ? "

Was his name E Scrooge by any chance...did he mention anything about work houses :lol:

Dont ring them again.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

That's wholely disgusting

But sadly typical of restons.

I bet when you have the return from HFC to an sar that you must send them to get the truth on what this debt is really made of, it'll turn out mostly unlawful stuff too.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

.. N245 will be completed !

:thumb:

dont send anything to pestons, the court will deal with things.

ps, do doublecheck though that there is no ppi etc that could be investigated.

IMO

:-):rant:

Hi People

Just a quick update.

Had a letter from Reston's saying you need to send us an I&E by 3rd January or else they will have to refer the matter back to court for enforcement which will be Order For Sale.

Considering I have been paying this every month voluntarily for two years and reduced it by £5K as well !

Does that mean my N245 application has been declined by them ?

Must admit bit of panic has set in again.

Any advise or is just a scare letter ?

Thanks

Megan

" you need to send us an I&E by 3rd January or else they will have to refer the matter back to court for enforcement which will be Order For Sale "

Very festive :-)

Just send them a copy of the N245 you submitted MG...I would assume the court has already copied them but send a further one...then they can see your application.

Have you chased up your application to see what the status is?

Regards

Andy

ditto

yr IE is on the official court form (cant do anymore than that). which the court shld've sent (a copy) to them! if creditor doesnt agree then the court/J shld decide.

IMO

I'll chase up. Its been 10 days. How long do courts normally take to acknowledge ?

Regards

Megan

I'll chase up. Its been 10 days. How long do courts normally take to acknowledge ?

Regards

Megan

give the court a ring, check that they've received yr app'n, and it has been sent to the creditor (if so, have they responded to the court), ie at what stage its at. post back.

IMO

I think I've cocked up here. The county court that issued the CCj and then final CO has shut down. It is now merged in to another court. I just sent the form to my local county court. Is this wrong ?

Thanks

Megan

I think I've cocked up here. The county court that issued the CCj and then final CO has shut down. It is now merged in to another court. I just sent the form to my local county court. Is this wrong ?

Thanks

Megan

was yr 'local cty ct' the one that issued things initially, that has now merged elsewhere? if so, it might have been sent on, if it hasnt been returned to you.

give the 'new' court a ring, see if they have a record of things.

otherwise, may need to resend to the new court.

IMO