AO.com

firstship
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fridge/Freezer purchased from AO.com,June 2013, now not working,they suggest you contact the manufacturer for the repair,or they will arrange the repair through the manufacturer for you.This happened and the fault is on one of the circuit boards which they have ordered,7 days after the spare part being ordered they have advised me that the part is faulty it will be another 10+ days,they want to charge £75+vat for the call out and charge for the part which they have not a clue on the price of the part.Naturally I am totally unhappy and have told AO that I do not propose to pay for the call out or the part.I further advised them under SOGA the appliance was not fit for purpose and I want it replaced or repaired within 48 hours,I further want the cost of the frozen food refunded as the value of the food was just below the excess charge on my insurance,they continue to say it's out of warranty and they will review my costs and make a contribution towards the repair,which I have said is unacceptable and I am not interested in their warranty SOGA clearly state the goods must be FIT FOR PURPOSE and the appliance falls short on all counts,it appears they are not up to speed regarding SOGA.???? best way forward

Any warranty they provided was in addition to your statutory rights, a gentle reminder of this fact to a manager might improve their attitude?

Trading standards should also be made aware of your case too.

If you are discussing this with them over the phone, then unless you're recording the calls, then you have no evidence of the content of the call, so I would recommend writing to them and/or emailing them obtain 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter.

If it had happened within the first 6 months of purchase, then I would have rated your chances of success much higher, and they would have been forced to replace it, 18 months plus, then they will no doubt drag their heels over the issue. Which is why you should get TS on side asap, and do some research, see if it's a common fault with this type of fridge/freezer.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Trading Standards referred me to Citizen Advice who confirmed as the appliance was purchased prior to September 2015 it is governed by SOGA and not the Consumer Act 2015.AO.com state that I would have to prove the part was faulty at the time of purchase,as I have had over 2 years usage of the appliance without a problem,but as a gesture they would pay 50% of the call out and new part,they take the attitude that the appliance was fit for purpose and a fault that occurs 2 years later does not cover the not fit for purpose clause.AO.com have made clever use of the wording of SOGA

FS

I'm thinking the same, I wouldn't be happy either, but it might just be easier to accept?

Wait for others to advise first......

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!