Warm Home Discount: Claim now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Morning all and as promised, a quick update on our Warm Home Discount scheme.

We're looking to open the 2017/18 scheme next month. I'll let you know the exact date as soon as I have it.

It's important all eligible E.ON customers register their interest as soon as possible. Unless they do this, we won't send them an application form and they could miss out. Once registered, an application form will automatically be sent when the scheme opens and they won't need to contact us again. Customers can register online through our website now at the link below.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount/warm-home-discount-register-interest

Alternatively, if they phone, our advisor will register their interest for them.

There's more information about the scheme including some FAQs on our website. On the same page, there are details of other ways we try to help vulnerable customers.

Hope this is useful. I'll update the thread once I have some more information.

Malc

Many thanks for this update Malc

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...
Morning all and as promised, a quick update on our Warm Home Discount scheme.

We're looking to open the 2017/18 scheme next month. I'll let you know the exact date as soon as I have it.

It's important all eligible E.ON customers register their interest as soon as possible. Unless they do this, we won't send them an application form and they could miss out. Once registered, an application form will automatically be sent when the scheme opens and they won't need to contact us again. Customers can register online through our website now at the link below.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount/warm-home-discount-register-interest

Alternatively, if they phone, our advisor will register their interest for them.

There's more information about the scheme including some FAQs on our website. On the same page, there are details of other ways we try to help vulnerable customers.

Hope this is useful. I'll update the thread once I have some more information.

Malc

Morning all and, as promised, a quick update. We opened our Warm Home Discount Broader Group scheme for 2017/18 yesterday. Customers can now apply for this to receive payment by 31 March 18.

From Monday 19 June 17, we'll start to contact customers who have already registered their interest. We'll send them either a paper application form or email a link to the online application form. That link is below.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount/warm-home-discount-form

The discount is the same as last year (£140).

I'll update this thread with anything relevant as the scheme unfolds over the next few months. Hope this is useful.

Malc

Thanks for the update Malc :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

Morning all and, as promised, a quick update about our Warm Home Discount scheme for 2017/18.

We've started making payments to customers eligible under the 2017/18 scheme and aim to have them all done by 31 March 18 at the latest. Many, though, will be done well before this time.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc

Morning all and, as promised, a quick update about our Warm Home Discount scheme for 2017/18.

We've started making payments to customers eligible under the 2017/18 scheme and aim to have them all done by 31 March 18 at the latest. Many, though, will be done well before this time.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc

I switched to eon a few months ago from EDF and have been getting this for the last 3yrs... where do I apply?

I switched to eon a few months ago from EDF and have been getting this for the last 3yrs... where do I apply?

Morning Heckler and the best way to apply for Warm Home Discount under the Broader Group is online through our website. Here's a link.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount/warm-home-discount-form

The quicker you apply, the better as we handle these applications on a first come, first served basis. Once we receive a certain number of Broader Group applications, we'll close our scheme for new applicants. In previous years, this was in November/December. Not saying this will be the same for the 2017/18 scheme. It's just something to be aware of.

If, though, you qualify under the Core Group, you'll receive the payment automatically and don't need to apply. Core Group customers are identified by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). If you're in this group, the DWP will contact you directly between September 17 and November 17 to let you know. Whoever supplied your electricity on the qualifying date of 9 July 17 will sort out the payment.

Hope this helps Heckler. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc

OK, applied... also need to enquire about the cavity wall insulation as I have none at all and it gets really cold in the winter.

That's great Heckler. Hope all goes well with your application.

We might be able to help with your cavity wall insulation too. Have you heard about the Energy Company Obligation (ECO)? This is another Government led scheme to help people who qualify with energy saving stuff like cavity wall and loft insulation. There are more details including an application form on our website at this link.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/home-improvements

Hope this is of help Heckler.

Malc

• 6 months later...

Afternoon all.

A quick heads up for any of our customers still waiting for their Warm Home Discount payment for 2017/18. Although most of these have now been paid, there are still a few payments left to make. These will all be paid by the end of this month. Although the 2017/18 scheme has closed, customers can register an interest in the 2018/19 scheme. This can be done online through our website or over the phone.

Hope this is useful.

Malc

Malc

Many thanks for the update Malc. :yo:

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No worries Andy. Happy to help. :-)

I'll update again later when I've more information about the 2018/19 scheme.

Here's the link to our website for any of our customers who want to register their interest.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount

Don't worry if we don't reply straightaway. We haven't finalised details of the 2018/19 scheme yet but we'll be in touch by the end of summer 2018 once we know what's happening.

Thanks.

Malc

I had my WHD applied back in Oct and this actually caused me more problems that it solved.

Because it was applied so early when the weather was mild and my heating wasn't even turned on until late Oct...

it meant that Eon kept my DD artificially lower and then just before Xmas decided to double and the entire WHD was sucked up with the autumn bill and of absolutely no use during the cold winter months.

So my question is...

how to stop that from happening again this year.

I can't afford to have my DD more than doubled especially when my heating is turned off from mid/late April until around Oct and the only gas I use is for hot water.

My other alternative is to switch back to EDF who at least paid the WHD around Feb/March when the winter quarter bill is actually due.

doesn't make any odds when they give you it????

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then do not pay by DD = take back control yourself, and pay regularly into the account and do a final adjustment once bill received if DDs are not working for you,

So your answer is do cancel the DD and lose out on the discount which I think is about £45 a year?

doesn't make any odds when they give you it????

Is that actually a question or a statement with superflous ? added?

Assuming it's a question... which doesn't make much sense to me... I switched to Eon back in April 17 and they checked my average useage over the last couple of years and determined that my monthly DD was going to be £46.50. It's just me in the house most of the time and gas is only used for heating and hot water. Cooking whilst electric is managed as efficiently as possibly with the use of a small convection oven and a halogen one... Whilst they may use more electricity when in use, the cooking time is greatly reduced, so ends up saving money. Then I have more than one computer, a home server which is mostly low power and a gaming rig with 3 monitors... all low power LED ones. All bar one TV is LED and the one that isn't, is for the spare room and switched of 90% of the time. I'm normally away from home for an average of 60hrs a week with most things shut down and/or switched off... and aside from one halogen 4 spot in the kitchen, all lightbulbs are low energy ones or LED ones. I do have a single touch lamp with an incandescent bulb... I did buy LED ones for it, but although they claimed they were dimmable bulbs, they didn't work in a touch lamp.

I try very hard to manage my energy useage, loft is insulated to 250mm and the walls have insulation in them.. but it doesn't fill the whole cavity as I applied for a grant to have this done and they found there was perhaps 2-3 inches in there already. As I redo each bedroom, I am sealing as many air gaps as I can around joists with expanding foam, as well as around new windows as they are installed... I'm also looking into the possibility of adding expanded foam insulation into the cavity, as although it would compress what's already there... it will still end up being double the current thickness. Just need to do the sums on cost and performance to see if it's a viable solution.

My previous energy bills varied from £45-60 per month depending on how cold a winter we had and with EDF and the WHD it balanced out even more because I didn't have to worry about using the heating when ever it was required (gets put in frost mode if I'm away for more than 24-30hrs) The WHD added to my energy account was always towards the end of the winter months... this time with Eon it was applied late Oct... and because they set my initial DD lower than I think it should have been... as soon as my heating started getting used... that WHD money was swallowed up entirely through the end of Oct and Nov and in Dec I was told my DD was going up from £46 to £89... I got this reduced to £72 because I knew I was going to be away over xmas & new year (10 days) and I was also away for a week early Dec. But because that WHD money had already been swallowed up... my winter fuel bill is now due and it's horrendous and will be hard to pay.

All I want to know really... is if the WHD can be left until the end of Jan/Feb before being applied to my account to avoid this problem happening again... Because my current DD is now way too high and come April/May when I turn the heating off... my gas use drops to just a few pounds a month and electricity use drops slight due to not needing much lighting turned on... But due to my tech uses and cooking... the difference isn't that much really.

If Eon are just going to do exactly the same thing again next time... I'd be better of switching back to EDF again once my tariff ends at the end of April.

I think the point others are making Heckler there is absolutely no connection to your usage or DD...its a one off payment to assist with your fuel payments...so in reality its irrelevant whether you get it Jan feb or July Aug...its simply a credit to your account ?