ESA WRAG (IR) And Savings Limits

Digital_2012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I need help for my relative, she is on ESA WRAG income related , shes claiming over a year now and have not received reassessment letter yet.

She has some savings around £15000, can anybody confirm if she is ok and her ESA payments will not effect if she let the relevant authorities know about her savings.

Thanks

I thought it was £6k all round

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Any savings above 6k will be taken into account and will reflect the level of payments yes, are they aware of the savings?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The first £6000 is ignored. For each £250 (or part thereof) over £6000, £1 per week is deducted from ESA. So if the savings were exactly £15,000, it would be worked out like this:

£15,000 - the ignored £6000 leaves £9000.

£9000 divided by £250 is £36

So £36 will be deducted from the weekly ESA amount.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Any savings above 6k will be taken into account and will reflect the level of payments yes, are they aware of the savings?

The first £6000 is ignored. For each £250 (or part thereof) over £6000, £1 per week is deducted from ESA. So if the savings were exactly £15,000, it would be worked out like this:

You should notify asap as could cause issues later on...

Update:

I contacted the DWP and the lady told me that its contributory ESA not Income Based ESA. I have checked the award notice carefully and found a bit confusion on the last page (Please see the attachments)

On the last page of the award notice, top of the page it says your ESA based on National Insurance contribution, but bottom of the page it says your income related amount is xxx.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60302[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60301[/ATTACH]

Sometimes the amount of contributory ESA and income related ESA are the same, and in such cases contributory ESA takes precedence. Or it is also possible to receive an award that is part ESA© and part ESA(IR).

In any case, if no part of her ESA award is income related then savings of any amount will not affect her entitlement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

You should notify asap as could cause issues later on...

From the pics what you think what it is , it says (Your ESA based on National Contribution records) And the money they paying is income related

This link http://www.focusondisability.org.uk/brates-1.html gives the current rates for ESA, dependant on the age of the claimant and which group they are in. If the amount in payment is the same as the applicable one of these rates, it's contributory, if it's more, there's some income based as well.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.