claim struck out

hesanmp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i recently had a claim struck out due to limitation issues. the other sides costs were ridiculously high at £17,000.00. the court order was for those costs to be paid within 14 days.

i am currently on tax credits with a very low income, i have no savings. the property i am living in is mortgaged and is in negative equity.

firstly how do i apply to vary the order so i can pay over time. secondly can i apply to have their costs assessed?

cheers

is this your brother against brother case?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

N245 to vary the payment...with regards to challenging their costs you have the right to have their legal costs assessed by the courts under the Solicitors Act 1974 but there are additional costs associated with this procedure.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

i recently had a claim struck out due to limitation issues. the other sides costs were ridiculously high at £17,000.00. the court order was for those costs to be paid within 14 days.

i am currently on tax credits with a very low income, i have no savings. the property i am living in is mortgaged and is in negative equity.

firstly how do i apply to vary the order so i can pay over time. secondly can i apply to have their costs assessed?

cheers

What is the background to this?

I thought it would be that claim, I remember your previous thread on service on the original sealed Claim Form and PoC here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?436958-particulars-of-claim

That was nearly a year ago though, can we get a full update as to exactly what has happened since then please?

yes sols applied to strike out on limitation, and they succeeded, i missed a deadline but the actual date of knowledge was well before that date so even of i had made the deadline i would have failed. i am therefore in damage limitation mode as per my initial post, hopefully you can help?

cheers

they had filed their defence and then their solicitor applied to strike out the claim. the hearing was set for 2 hours, i did not attend. prior to the hearing they had offered me a drop hands offer which i did not accept.

yes sols applied to strike out on limitation, and they succeeded, i missed a deadline but the actual date of knowledge was well before that date so even of i had made the deadline i would have failed. i am therefore in damage limitation mode as per my initial post, hopefully you can help?

cheers

Andy answered you in post #3

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

thanks sabre. i read post #3 but are there any further guidelines to simply a N245 or having the other sides costs assessed. i.e. with their costs should i be going to the other side for a detailed breakdown of their costs or i do i make an application to the court first?

Well the N245 is self explanatory...look at the form...

With regards the costs you raise it firstly with their Solicitor and request a detailed breakdown....if you are unable to agree then you progress to detailed assessment.

Detailed assessment is the assessment of a party's costs, usually at the conclusion of proceedings. The amount of costs payable by one party to another is decided by a costs officer in accordance with CPR 47.

A court can expressly order detailed assessment to take place before the conclusion of the proceedings under CPR 47.1.

Detailed assessment should be commenced within:

Three months of judgment or direction or order or award of costs (CPR 47.7).

Three months after the date of an order lifting a stay (CPR 47.7).

Three months after service of discontinuance or dismissal of application to set aside notice of discontinuance (CPR 47.7).

Three months after the right to costs arose in respect of the acceptance of an offer to settle or a Part 36 payment into court (CPR 47.7).

Points of dispute should be served within 21 days of receiving notice of commencement of assessment and the accompanying documents (CPR 47.9).

Replies to points of dispute (if any) should be served within 21 days of receiving the points of dispute (CPR 47.13).

A request for a detailed assessment hearing should be made within three months of the expiry of the period for commencing detailed assessment (CPR 47.14 and section 40.2 of PD43-48).

The court should give the parties 14 days notice when listing a detailed assessment hearing (section 40.5-6 of PD 43-48 and CPR 47.17(7)).

A completed bill of costs should be filed 14 days after the date of the detailed assessment hearing (CPR 47.16).

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

they had filed their defence and then their solicitor applied to strike out the claim. the hearing was set for 2 hours, i did not attend. prior to the hearing they had offered me a drop hands offer which i did not accept.

The SJ & strike out application alone it can be in excess of 1.5k costs with counsel fees to attend the hearing. If they made a drop hands offer before the hearing why didn't you accept, especially if you had no intention of attending hearing.

The SJ & strike out application alone it can be in excess of 1.5k costs with counsel fees to attend the hearing. If they made a drop hands offer before the hearing why didn't you accept, especially if you had no intention of attending hearing.

Valid point panther12

• 1 month later...

thank you andy i understand that!

the court ordered i pay theri fees within 14 days which i couldn't. i am now on jsa, can i apply to the court and inform them i can't afford to pay the sum in full?