Can you remember Christmas Day as a child-Presents-Memories-Anything at all.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I remember I used to hang my stocking at the end of the bed - I would receive an orange/tangerine some nuts and sixpence. Wrapped presents were usually something practical such as socks, a knitted sweater - gloves / scarf, colouring books, pencils or a reading book. Dad was a carpenter so I would receive something that had been made by him, one year a scooter and another a dolls house. When I was 11, I remember him being very secretive in the shed and I received a bicycle that year that had been restored from bits collected from scrap yards.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Mum had a tin where she saved for the "extras" at Christmas.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Going through the Argos catalogue to see what we wanted as Chrstmas present from Grandparents. As we got older, this stopped and we got money instead. (because it was getting harder and harder!)

I do miss the act of wrapping presents to go under the tree - it seems vouchers and cash are the way to go, then the recipients can buy exactly what they want and usually during the sales so they get better bargains :lol:

BCOBS

That one sentence has me thinking many things.A very powerful message is there.

Sounds like you had some troubles early in life.

It seems that memory when a child of meeting Santa is remembered to this day.

At what age this happened is hard to tell.

I hope everything in your life is happy now.

And wish you well.

Tawnyowl I was 5 years old when put into care then finally got out of their clutches at 18.

Troubled is not the word. I am now 53 yes much better. In a way not so. I still remember clearly to this day my first memorable Christmas was that the sky turned pink the night before and it snowed all night and all day so had a white Xmas day.

Is everything great in my life now? Sadly not, a straw in my head a drain in my belly and to top it all off my cheeks hurt everyday. Why? Because Christmas is a coming and I might see the Coca-Cola lorry on TV soon lol and it might snow and Santa's uniform is coming out

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I remember deciding to stay awake to see Santa. I crept out of my room and spotted a pile of wrapped presents in my parents room even though I knew that Santa hadn't been. :-(

Presents included a teddy, toy Hoover, dolls and the like.

I always had an apple, and an orange in my pillow case that was put out for presents, and my kids moaned when I continued this tradition with them. :lol:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I remember deciding to stay awake to see Santa. I crept out of my room and spotted a pile of wrapped presents in my parents room even though I knew that Santa hadn't been. :-(

Presents included a teddy, toy Hoover, dolls and the like.

I always had an apple, and an orange in my pillow case that was put out for presents, and my kids moaned when I continued this tradition with them. :lol:

Such a nice story Caro.

As others have been on this thread.

It is beginning to feel Christmassy in this room.In the Forums.

Such a nice story Caro.It is beginning to feel Christmassy in this room.In the Forums.

We need some peace and good will, even in the Bear Garden.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Secondly buying a Raccoon plush hand puppet for my daughter. Her first toy from me some 24 years ago. It still is our Xmas angel. Although it's well worn.

Until last year that is when on Ebay I found a brand new one all boxed and shiny new. Not only that it was from the same shop (Woolworths) even had the price tag on it.

This was last year but what lumps my throat is that when she opened it her eyes just beamed and filled with tears of joy. Then the following statement. " Dad your the bestest dad in the world I love him" with that I just slumped in to my armchair and I beamed from ear to ear and a soft teardrop streamed down my cheeks.

Btw she just completed and passed her law degree. Bar exam next Xmas woo

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

during the miners strike in the `1980s i lived in a mining town in the north east and that year most of the children around got nothing, and almost all will say even today that it was one of the best ever as family's relay shared what little they had around, one family provided the turkey , another the veg, etc. Most of the presents around came from France miners and i will always remember the art set i got, loved it for years

my best Christmas present was my granddaughter being born on December 15th, we called her our early Present! little did we know she was to gain her wings 8 short weeks later. It took till last year before we could face Christmas again, due to my youngest daughter having her first baby in Feb 2014 .

Alisha will be 10 this year and she is in my thoughts always, we thank her for sending Kianna and for for watching over her

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Loved my Christmases as a child, day would start at 6:00 for us kids, dad would get a lay in for an hour or so as we were allowed to take one present to bed with us, to be opened Christmas morning, after breakfast we got dresses, I went with my adopted Auntie to church then home for opening of the rest of my presents and Christmas lunch, after lunch I went to my adopted Aunties home for yet another Christmas meal :)

The only thing I didnt like about Christmas was they always turned the Christmas cake into my Birthday cake! I never got a chocolate or other birthday cake :(