Got a month long sick note because of stress caused by SEETEC

Casper's Ghost
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was/is on SEETEC, but my doctor told them that I was travel sick, they've given me 3 sets of tablets to help me. I do 9-5 job search which is 5 days a week, Thursday and Friday I go to a city 45 minutes away via bus.

They knew I was travel sick, but ignored the doctor's note, I wasn't well.

On Monday I was ill and kept retching, I told the receptionist that I felt ill but had to wait for the manager.

Well, she came back and told me I had to stay at tehe centre till 5pm, it was 12.30 and my stomach wa shurting and I felt sick. So I walked out and had a doctor's appt and he gave me the 7 day sick not which has ran out.

Because I have now got the month long one I can sign off JSA and onto ESA..

I'll ring them on Monday, but I don't understand if I have to continue with the job search or ring SEETEC to tell them I won't be in. I will on Monday as they need a copy of my sick note.

Can anyone help me? The doctor wrote down anxiety as cause for me being off sick. He also said this place is stressing me out and making me ill.

I would gladly get myself a volunteering placement myself.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While on ESA you don't have to look for work. Also, you do not have to participate in the Work Programme unless you have an assessment and are placed in the Work Related Activity Group. If you only anticipate being on ESA for a month, that's not likely to happen.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Well, if your doctor is prepared to issue sick notes then you can remain on ESA until you have your Work Capability Assessment. After that, continuing to claim ESA will depend of the result of the assessment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Illegitimi non carborundum

If your doctor says you are not fit for work then you should be able to claim ESA. As to PIP, you would need to meet the conditions for that separately - it is not related to ESA. Information on PIP, including the descriptors, can be found here.

Great minds think alike etc :wink:

To be entitled to PIP the condition must have existed for three months prior to the date you claim, and must be expected to last at least another nine months.

Well the doctor thinks that my stress is related to what SEETEC is doing to me. But I've only been disgnosed with this for about a month or so. I estamate the date was around 20-30th of October. I saw a doctor who gave me a sugggestive sick note on the 30th which SEETEC ignored. Yesterday my doctor said they shouldn't have done that.

To claim PIP, because it's a recent thing, they may ask that you provide evidence to prove it's an ongoing thing that will last for at least another 9 months. You'd have to score at least 8 point on the daily living or moving around parts to get anything.

I'll have to ring them on Monday because I don't know if I can get ESA even if I do have a sick note. The doctor told me I am not fit for work. My mum is wondering if I can get PIP for anxiety.

I claimed ESA for a year with anxiety… was also allowed to do a small part time job of a few hours a week… I think you can do voluntary work, too.

My GP gave me 3 monthly sick notes.

Not sure about PIP, though.

My brother has a 6 month sick note and still volunteers at the place he has been doing for 5 years. He has Hearchsprungs desease (a bowel dease). But doesn't claim PIP.

I'll just stay with ESA, I got a letter to see my adviser on Monday, don't know whether this is about the 7 days sick not or not, but I'll bring the one month sick note too.

I just hope she doesn't have a go at me for not going to SEETEC, she wanted to know how my parents are helping me get into work.

And if my Dad could of drove me to the placement place, he's retired but has to drive my nephew to school.

I claimed ESA for a year with anxiety… was also allowed to do a small part time job of a few hours a week… I think you can do voluntary work, too.

My GP gave me 3 monthly sick notes.

Not sure about PIP, though.

Yes, you can work while claiming ESA - it's called "Permitted Work" and there are limits to the number of hours you're allowed to do. It's also permitted to volunteer, although obviously you should not be doing anything that your condition would affect, if you see what I mean.

PIP is paid based on meeting the appropriate descriptors, and you can receive it whether or not you are working.

I had an appointment at the Job Centre, I had been sanctioned but because I have now signed off onto ESA I don't get next week's pay.

I have claimed ESA now, but I don't know when to expect my first payment. And my adviser said 'I haven't seen you for long, but from what I see, you are creating obticles to prevent you from working' which is not true. I wanted to volounteer. She also said that after claiming ESA and if I ever go back to JSA I should expect to go back to SEETEC!'

They are creating this stress for me and I shall not go back, I will get myself a placement of my own.

If there is any more help you can give, please say so. Because I've never claimed ESA or know the rules.

If u want help with the sanction u need to tell us what it's for etc

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.