• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Jihadi John: ISIS executioner Mohammed Emwazi 'killed' in US airstrike

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1797 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Mohammed Emwazi has been hunted by security forces every since he began appearing is sick terror videos

Live updates on link and i suppose TV everywhere.

99% Certain he is dead.

Reports saying they have been tracking him for a while.

Security services Monitoring chat to see what is being said.

Everything will become clearer as the day goes on.

David Cameron to speak later.

It is claimed there were 14 airstrikes.

A Twitter account linked with local anti-ISIS campaigners have shared insight into the airstrike.

#Raqqa Drone Strike on 11:51 PM Targeted a car near Clock tower #ISIS Close all the area not allowed any one to approach #Syria

The Prime Minister will be making a public statement on the strike later on today

Downing Street working 'hand in glove' with US on ISIS

Live updates.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/jihadi-john-live-updates-isis-6823006

Back in September-2015

EXCLUSIVE: 'There's drones in the air!' How paranoid Jihadi John lives in fear of death from above - as revealed by two men who had a terrifying car ride with ISIS knifeman

Jihadi John acted as a driver for distinguished visitors to the Islamic State

They described the British ISIS executioner as 'aggressive' and 'threatening'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3227891/There-s-drones-air-ISIS-executioner-Jihadi-John-s-fear-death-revealed-men-hid-civilians-Iraqi-football-pitch-avoid-missile-strike.html

Dead body of "important British Jihadi" lying in Raqqa hospital

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has released a full statement on claims that a British Jihadi was killed in Raqqa following an airstrike.

Rami Abdulrahman, director of the UK-based organisation, did not name Jihadi John however.

A car carrying four foreign Islamic State leaders, including one British Jihadi was hit by US air strikes right after the governorate building in Raqqa city.

All the sources there are saying that the body of an important British Jihadi is lying in the hospital of Raqqa.

All the sources are saying it is of Jihadi John but I cannot confirm it personally.

How will spies confirm if Jihadi John is dead?

Intercepted communications, human intelligence, photographs and even DNA could confirm that Jihadi John is dead.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/11993401/How-will-spies-confirm-if-Jihadi-John-is-dead.html

Jihadi John 'dead': US officials believe Raqqa drone strike killed Mohammed Emwazi

Officials have said they are '99 per cent' sure the Isis militant was killed in a drone strike in Raqqa

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/jihadi-john-killed-us-officials-confirm-mohammed-emwazi-is-dead-after-raqqa-drone-strike-a6732741.html

Another official speaking to ABC News described the air strike that as a “flawless” and “clean hit” that “evaporated” Emwazi without killing civilians.

By the sounds of things there may be only possibilities of DNA that will identify this man.

I had better leave things at that for now.

The fog of war takes time to clear so you know the facts.

BONUS!

Put a smile on my face thinking of him as nothing more than a greasy stain on the pavement.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

I hope the media doesn't give too much attention to this - it will only make him a martyr in the eyes of his comrades !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Emwazi, a computer programmer from London, was born in Kuwait to a stateless family of Iraqi origin. His parents moved to Britain in 1993 after their hopes of obtaining Kuwaiti citizenship were quashed.

Another blow to the let all immigrants in brigade.

Now if even the Kuwaitis (who sponsor radical terrorism in the region along with the sauds) wouldn't have them, why did we?

Handcock alleges there are 240,000 tests every day - Yet figures show only 60-80,000 people a day are tested

... So whats happening to the other 160,000+ tests a day?

Why the populist problem with customs checks to cross the Irish sea to meet International agreements and Law

... when Johnson is happy to implement Border + Visas to access Kent?

£288 million pounds a week - The ADDITIONAL cost of Brexit customs bureaucracy alone - stuff that on the side of a bus.

Its official: Boris 'The Liar' Johnsons word is not worth the paper its written on

Emwazi, a computer programmer from London, was born in Kuwait to a stateless family of Iraqi origin. His parents moved to Britain in 1993 after their hopes of obtaining Kuwaiti citizenship were quashed.

Another blow to the let all immigrants in brigade.

Now if even the Kuwaitis (who sponsor radical terrorism in the region along with the sauds) wouldn't have them, why did we?

"Mohammed Emwazi was born in Kuwait in 1988 and came to the UK in 1994 when he was six years old"

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31641569

"The family are of Bedoon ethnicity - a group that is marginalised in Kuwaiti society."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31641569

As happy as I am that he was, in the words of the press, eviscerated by the strike I do not beleive that he is in some way typical of immigrants. Indeed, even if we could have known that he was to become the monster he was at the age of Six (my boy is 5 and all he cares for is farming machinery, I'm not sure he knows what 'extremism' means let alone its implications) then were we to turn a family who were here legitimately away on the basis that 'he might grow up to be a wrongun'?

Come on, don't beleive the tripe that Farage et al spout that they're all 'up to no good', the NHS would collapse if it wasn't for the input of overseas born and trained clinicians.

Bad people don't show their colours 'til it counts, look at today's conviction of Becky Watts' killers, could we have prevented that when the perpetrators were 6 years old? No...

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Good question

Stateless Iraqis in Kuwait- then british I assume.

Interesting that he was born and later worked as an adult in Kuwait despite his family being refused citizenship.

Kuwait on bedoons

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/05/kuwait-bedoon-comoros-stateless-citizenship.html#

Handcock alleges there are 240,000 tests every day - Yet figures show only 60-80,000 people a day are tested

Why the populist problem with customs checks to cross the Irish sea to meet International agreements and Law

£288 million pounds a week - The ADDITIONAL cost of Brexit customs bureaucracy alone - stuff that on the side of a bus.

Its official: Boris 'The Liar' Johnsons word is not worth the paper its written on

I don't think i would waste anytime even posting about this person.

The danger is that ISIS are now spreading, with a bomb attack in Beirut. When you have terrorists attacking other terrorist groups and looking to spread their activities around the world, that is worrying, given the large numbers of migrants. It is going to be very difficult for security services to monitor the situation, which is partly why EU mainland countries want to close borders, so they can check identities.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

To quote something from another thread;

I think it more worrying that Cameron decided to end the lives of British Citizens without a trial, and behind closed doors.

Dont get me wrong, they deserve it, BUT I worry about the slippery slope this leads too.

Effectively 2 UK citizens just got executed.

and

Since when did state sanctioned execution be lawful without a trial??

Everyone has the right to life, not matter what heinous crimes perpetrated

So where are the complaints about this man being bombed, he never stood trial ??

So where are the complaints about this man being bombed, he never stood trial ??

Without context it's pretty difficult for anyone to make a sensible comment about this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

To quote something from another thread; So where are the complaints about this man being bombed, he never stood trial ??

The yanks did it, not us, albeit almost certainly at the request of and with the help of Cameron.

I'm certainly not losing a moments sleep over the death of any of these ISIS terrorists, in fact I'll raise a glass to the operators who did it,

BUT it DOES worry me that our society is being so degraded that our government is doing things the way they are.

Its not the killing of the terrorists I'm concerned about, rather the killing of our society's values.

So the myriad of complaining and swearing about the other two don't stand for this one. Yanks or no, Cameron said it was with UK cooperation, so why isn't this being called an execution without trial ?

It just goes to show that a few people on here just argue for the sake of argument.

So the myriad of complaining and swearing about the other two don't stand for this one. Yanks or no, Cameron said it was with UK cooperation, so why isn't this being called an execution without trial ?

It just goes to show that a few people on here just argue for the sake of argument.

Of course its wrong for our society to do or be a party to it in the way it has Conniff : It drags us down to their level.

For most of us here it isn't as simple as you.

If only the yanks and saudis hadn't destabilised Libya and Syria

If only we hadn't supported them in doing it

If only Iraq and Kuwait were better places to live

Its our abuse of our military and economic power in the world rather than spending our maney and efforts dealing with our own problems.

Do you realise than the Indian premier is here to get FUNDING for Indias growth despite the state this country is left in?

and they will get it.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said it appeared Emwazi had been "held to account for his callous and brutal crimes".

"However, it would have been far better for us all if he had been held to account in a court of law," he said.

No it wouldn't have, it would mean that the UK would have been at risk of attack more so than it is now and it would have cost a lot to keep him in prison, something the taxpayers money should never be spent on.

How about 'do unto other what they would do unto you' and chop off his head and hang his body naked from a bridge.

Do you realise than the Indian premier is here to get FUNDING for India's growth despite the state this country is left in?

and they will get it.

So more cheap products - more cheap labour and still they have a human rights record that is atrocious !

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/11/on-his-uk-visit-narendra-modi-must-be-held-accountable-for-his-record-on-human-rights-in-india

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2015/country-chapters/india

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34793572

Edited by citizenB

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

How about 'do unto other what they would do unto you' and chop off his head and hang his body naked from a bridge.

We would be in an even sorrier state if other countries did that to us Conniff, or do you choose to be blind to what we have done to so many others even in the few years so far this century, let alone the centuries before.

and the point I keep trying to make - we claim and should show we are better than them.

Be interesting to see what happens to the 'British associate of Jihadi John' apparently captured by the Turks.

We would be in an even sorrier state if other countries did that to us Conniff, or do you choose to be blind to what we have done to so many others even in the few years so far this century, let alone the centuries before.

and the point I keep trying to make - we claim and should show we are better than them.

Be interesting to see what happens to the 'British associate of Jihadi John' apparently captured by the Turks.

It's funny, isn't it? I mean, for someone who's basically a raving leftie, I'm remarkably pro-British. That's because I value the society we've built here, based on the rule of law and the restriction of government power. Terrorists chop off peoples' heads and hang them from bridges, we don't because we are not terrorists. Once we start acting this way, well, what's the damn point?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It's funny, isn't it? I mean, for someone who's basically a raving leftie, I'm remarkably pro-British. That's because I value the society we've built here, based on the rule of law and the restriction of government power. Terrorists chop off peoples' heads and hang them from bridges, we don't because we are not terrorists. Once we start acting this way, well, what's the damn point?

I'm probably middle of the road, but feel exactly the same antone.

Conniff.

Have you ever thought of emigrating to Western Syria - sounds like just the sort of government you seem to want - well - until you get it.

I would have said Libya - but too late for there.

If fact, I don't think Syria would meet your needs, too moderate - try Saudi Arabia.

I'm probably middle of the road, but feel exactly the same antone.

Conniff.

Have you ever thought of emigrating to Western Syria - sounds like just the sort of government you seem to want - well - until you get it.

I would have said Libya - but too late for there.

I've seen some really stupid posts in my time, but that has beat them all.

I do find it quite odd that some of the relatives of the guys that were beheaded by this creature are saying that whilst they have a sense of relief.. they would much rather have had men on the ground go and pretty much arrest Jihadi John and bring him back to face justice !!!

BCOBS

I do find it quite odd that some of the relatives of the guys that were beheaded by this creature are saying that whilst they have a sense of relief.. they would much rather have had men on the ground go and pretty much arrest Jihadi John and bring him back to face justice !!!

maybe thats one thing that distinguishes 'us' from those terrorists. justice needs to be seen to have been done.

the thing then though is to provide an effective justice system that reflects the crime(s). maybe thats why the taking out of such individuals is seen as ok, ie little faith in domestics (though if the US he'd eventually be executed having been inside for x years with the jip). though the practicality of things negates other things.

remember that norwegian individual who got only about 20 years!

IMO

:-):rant: