BankFodder BankFodder

falcon185

Company training, a duty commitment?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1565 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just after a bit of feedback please.

I work nights 4 nights on 4 nights off, the company requires me to attend a 3 day First Aid course, I have no problem with this but these would be on my rest days which are sacred to me due to family ill health at the moment.

I work 12 hour shifts on nights but the course is daytime as already stated, I would be attending the course on 3 days that I would be on nights, however, I would start my 4 nights the day previously, the assistant manager has suggested that I come off nights and work 4 12 hour days in order to do the course,

I haven't worked days EVER here and have been here for almost 11 years. What I am prepared to do is be removed from nights but not work 4 day shifts which would mean starting at 07:30, leave for the course starting at 9am then returning daily after the course finishes working on till 19:30,

would I be right in thinking that I wouldn't have to start the day shift or complete it as the training would be a duty commitment?

Sorry its a bit long winded but any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

if you do a 12 hour days then they are entitled to 12 hours from you, as a mix of work and training. They seem to be flexing to not having you in on rest days - is that right?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I do 12 hour nights but as far as I am aware training is a duty commitment which would mean when the training ends on the day so does your working day?

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

"Duty commitment" isn't a legal term I'm familiar with - is it a local agreement you have?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

will the hours go over the maximum permitted for the week? If so tell your employer you would be willing to do the 3 days but would expect 2 nights off (1 either end) to fit in with WTD You need to ensure that the minimum break between shifts is adhered to or they will have to make a suitable accommodation for this.