Identity Revealed Online

STS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You need to be less vague about these hate crimes otherwise we won't know if there is any cause to involve the police.

The hate crimes are racial abuse, but I had no part in it. I wasn't present when they took place and I have nothing to do with it. The person responsible is trying to shift the blame on to me in an act of vengeance. I doubt anything will come of it.

This isn't the issue. My issue is with a restaurant owner, who has passed my details onto this person. Apparently there is nothing I can do as I don't have solid proof.

STS

Your issue seems that you have a big bee in your bonnet about the restaurant.

If the other claims will come to nothing then, move on.

Leakie

Reading between the lines. They booked a restaurant, there was a problem with some members of the party, with allegations of some racist comments being made, a negative review of the restaurant was placed online and the argument has continued online.

Best way to stop the argument, is to not take part in it. Ignore any further comments from those supporting the restaurant, unless they are committing crimes and ask websites to remove your personal information. Within a few weeks, it should be behind you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

STS

Your issue seems that you have a big bee in your bonnet about the restaurant.

If the other claims will come to nothing then, move on.

Leakie

No. The issue is that this man is still trying to get revenge against me months later. I had moved on and thought this was all in the past. This man has different ideas. One of his mates posted my contact details on Twitter last night and I had to have it removed. I am not the one doing this now am I?

What's the point of coming into this thread to insult me when you don't have a clue?

Reading between the lines. They booked a restaurant, there was a problem with some members of the party, with allegations of some racist comments being made, a negative review of the restaurant was placed online and the argument has continued online.

Wrong.

Best way to stop the argument, is to not take part in it. Ignore any further comments from those supporting the restaurant, unless they are committing crimes and ask websites to remove your personal information. Within a few weeks, it should be behind you.

These people are showing no signs of giving up and, given recent events, I will be contacting the police for online harassment. I have not been taking part in any of it. I am only monitoring their actions.

Where does the racial issue come into this ? You mentioned this, but i cannot remember reading why this is the case.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Official complaint to the Police for Harassment, if necessary they can get a court order forcing whichever online sites have been used to provide evidence of what the guy was posting, even if deleted.

Report the company to the Information Commissioner for breaching your data protection by identifying you.

Anything the guy or his friends do online, take screenshots so you have the evidence even if they then delete.

You could send the Restaurant owner a text, email or letter asking them to stop the harassment etc, in the hope of triggering a reply where they incriminate themselves, thus giving you some nice evidence for the Police etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STS

Sorry if you took my post the wrong way,

I am not very good at putting things in writing.

I was using something that happened to me along time ago, I would not let it go,

In the end it was making me ill.

I had too leave it and it died out on it's own as they were not getting the satisfaction of me taking the bait.

They soon got bored and I was left alone,

Unless what they are doing is criminal, I would not rise to the bait.

With regards to this site and advise. It is a self hep site and opinions will vary,

some times you will get advise you do not want to hear, but it may be the best way forward.

Leakie

Not sure if my experience is relevant, but towards the end of last year I received a poison pen letter through the post. Due to the contents, I had a pretty good idea who had sent it. I contacted the police, who said that even without concrete evidence, they could approach the individual and issue them with a PIN - an intention notice that they believed this person was about to commit a crime (2 occasions of malicious communication would constitute a crime). For various personal reasons, I decided against police involvement at that time.

Perhaps you could talk to the police and see what they suggest?